Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #169

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2nd Moderna show was supposed to happen on March 5 but was cancelled due to supply problems. I received a call yesterday that I am now scheduled for March 15, 10 days late. I was told that it it still OK up to 14 days late, sure hope that is true.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2021, 11:45 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
My 2nd Moderna show was supposed to happen on March 5 but was cancelled due to supply problems. I received a call yesterday that I am now scheduled for March 15, 10 days late. I was told that it it still OK up to 14 days late, sure hope that is true.
I forgot to mention in my post that our second shots were also postponed due to the storm that interrupt the supply chain. Ours was postponed one week.

Our friends, who live in Arizona, were notified that their second shot would not be available, and they would have to begin again. That directive was changed within a couple of days and they got their second dose to complete the process. Needless to say, a couple of days of sweating it out.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply
Old 03-13-2021, 06:57 PM   #171

Tiffin Owners Club
Moderna shots

Wife and I received our second shot on the 3rd, so ten days later and no problems other than a sore arm for both of us. That was gone in about a day.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
I forgot to mention in my post that our second shots were also postponed due to the storm that interrupt the supply chain. Ours was postponed one week.

Our friends, who live in Arizona, were notified that their second shot would not be available, and they would have to begin again. That directive was changed within a couple of days and they got their second dose to complete the process. Needless to say, a couple of days of sweating it out.
I'm in Huntington Beach and got my shots at Soka University, and my second shot was delayed about 9 days as well because of the storms.

When they delayed it they said it could have gone actually a couple more weeks and been fine.

I think we're actually beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel here. I just hope there isn't another spike. Just drove downtown, and it's pretty busy and the restaurants are open, and people are mingling.
tap4154 is offline   Reply
Old 03-13-2021, 08:22 PM   #173

Alpine Owners Club
Moderna Vaccine

The wife and I got our first doses of the vaccine on 1/30 and second shot on 2/27. Wife had a sore arm after first shot, and I had a stuffy head the next day. The all was well after that. Second dose, we were both wiped out the day after. The afternoon of the second dose my jaw was sore and bite off. Have no idea why this was so but woke up second day jaw still sore but bite back to normal. We were surprised at what a relief it was to get that first shot.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:18 AM   #174

I have had both of my shots, my wife has had her first and has an appointment for her second this coming Wednesday. We don't flaunt the fact we've had shots when we go into a business. We still wear our masks and do the social distancing. Until we get the say so the masks are no longer necessary we will continue to use them.
We do enjoy a little more freedom being around our children and grand children. This was a tough eleven months for us to have gone through.

[Mod Edit]
Lynn
Old 03-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #175

Elapsed time from 1st to 2nd shot

For those worried about the delays, how much time has elapsed since the 1st shot?

My elderly parents (85 and 89) just got vaccinated on Saturday. Scientists and the medical community here have decided 4 months between shots is the proper spacing right now. They would prefer getting as many people immunized as fast as possible, especially getting through the top 4 or 5 higher risk groups, then as the general population is getting their first shots some are getting their 2nd.

We shall see how this plays out. Right now the infection and death rate has greatly diminished here and I hope we are getting through this mess once and for all. Parents are scheduled for 2nd shot early July, and I plan on being there again to help them.
kdauto is offline   Reply
Old 03-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #176

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I got my 2nd Moderna vaccine shot yesterday, 10 days "late". Some mild off and on pain at the injection site. I slept pretty good but woke up with a foggy feeling that appears to be wearing off after 4 hours or so.

We will both continue to wear our masks and social distance, especially around people we don't know, until more people are vaccinated.

I was told that up to 14 days "late" for Moderna was OK. I'm not sure how they determined that or it was just a SWAG?

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply
Old 03-16-2021, 01:33 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdauto View Post
For those worried about the delays, how much time has elapsed since the 1st shot?

My elderly parents (85 and 89) just got vaccinated on Saturday. Scientists and the medical community here have decided 4 months between shots is the proper spacing right now. They would prefer getting as many people immunized as fast as possible, especially getting through the top 4 or 5 higher risk groups, then as the general population is getting their first shots some are getting their 2nd.

We shall see how this plays out. Right now the infection and death rate has greatly diminished here and I hope we are getting through this mess once and for all. Parents are scheduled for 2nd shot early July, and I plan on being there again to help them.
Regarding your initial question, the delay between shots, personally, was only one week. For others, it was a bit longer, but still within the range of weeks, not months.

From what I've been able to find, there is not enough data to evaluate the length of time between shots and the effectiveness of the vaccines beyond the time prescribed in the clinical trials. One shot protection has shown to be highly effective, above 80% for both Pfizer and Moderna, beyond the first two weeks following the first injection, but how long that protection lasts without a second dose is unknown. Real world monitoring is showing "promise" that a single dose maintains a high degree of effectiveness beyond the two dose time span, but no studies have been done, or the data has not been compiled.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply
Old 03-16-2021, 02:26 PM   #178

I would have to research where they got their data, but from memory this was empirical data jointly compiled and evaluated by Pfizer and Moderna along with our provincial and Federal govts.

I thought 3 weeks was a prerequisite before injecting dose 2? How come they are so quick to get the 2 doses in when some people can require 3-4 weeks before dose 1 is fully effective?

At any rate, we are following their recommendation and returning to get my parents 2nd dose at the 4 month mark. If things change we'll follow protocol.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:53 PM   #179

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
I would have to research where they got their data, but from memory this was empirical data jointly compiled and evaluated by Pfizer and Moderna along with our provincial and Federal govts.

I thought 3 weeks was a prerequisite before injecting dose 2? How come they are so quick to get the 2 doses in when some people can require 3-4 weeks before dose 1 is fully effective?

At any rate, we are following their recommendation and returning to get my parents 2nd dose at the 4 month mark. If things change we'll follow protocol.
In Fl the second dose of phizer 3 weeks out and 4 weeks for moderna. When people can’t make the second shot I heard them on the phone telling them a week or maybe two more should be ok but no more I can’t believe they would decide on their own 4 months is ok without the drug company making it ok worldwide.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #180

link for Canadian guidelines on vaccine scheduling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
In Fl the second dose of phizer 3 weeks out and 4 weeks for moderna. When people can’t make the second shot I heard them on the phone telling them a week or maybe two more should be ok but no more I can’t believe they would decide on their own 4 months is ok without the drug company making it ok worldwide.
I hope this link is OK with admins here. Canadian Govt. guidelines on vaccine administration. Scrolled to Table 2. You can back up and read out all the other recommendations if you wish.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...ccines.html#t2
Old 03-16-2021, 05:29 PM   #181

Quote:
I hope this link is OK with admins here. Canadian Govt. guidelines on vaccine administration. Scrolled to Table 2. You can back up and read out all the other recommendations if you wish.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...ccines.html#t2
So they received AztraZeneca? The other two have different recommendations. It's important to get the same kind as the first. Intervals are based on how they were tested.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 03-16-2021, 05:44 PM   #182

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had both shots of Pfizer but I am 80 years young.
My neighbor told me this morning that she and her husband both got the Johnson and Johnson shots at our local Walmart yesterday and there was a sign up welcoming customers as they had plenty of vaccine. They are around sixty.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply
Closed Thread