Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #281

I would like to reply to your post and hope the moderator give me the same consideration as you.

I have a daughter who also works in the medical field. And we have a grandson living with us who has been off of cancer treatments for a year now. We are NOT taking the shot at this time. Not be cause we are antivax, but because the long term effects of this shot is not known. Fact is the term vaccine was changed to accomadate this type of genetic immunity this year. This is no regular vaccine. So when you refer to hard heads it is offensive. We have traveled during the pandemic as have our son and his family. We have been very fortunate and have had no illness. But the protocol is the same as its been for several years. Wash your hands, do not touch your face and sanitizing before removing a mask. At some point depending on the spread and herd immunity we may get the shot, but no in the near future.

Now are you going to get the virus from me? No more than I can get it from you. Differnce is that if you get it you most likley will not get as ill. I have no problem with anybody taking the shot, but I have an issue with the amount of incorrect information and reference to "hard heads, and anti government types. I wish you well and safe travels. I would still pass on tge crowds for six months.
Dieselgem is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #282

This may answer many questions floating around. Click on each topic. It does not alter the DNA.

PHP Code:
https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/how-covid-19-vaccines-work.html 
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 08:30 PM   #283

If the post referred to my statement, I never said the vaccine modified DNA. Some of the covid shots do use genetic engineering, and all of them use genetics more broadly. This information is readily available on any reliable medical site.My point was that they are not normal vaccines, regardless of the intent.
Dieselgem is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 09:02 PM   #284

I won't be getting the vaccine for the following reasons:

1) I've had covid. It was mild. My body fought it off just fine. I am now immune for some period of time which is completely unknown, just like those that have had the vaccine.

2) This is not like any vaccine you've had before. It's not a weakend strain of the virus that causes you body to produce antibodies. It's mRNA based which tiggers your immune system to produce a response. This is the first ever mRNA based vaccine given to humans and the long term effects of these mRNA based vaccines are completely unknown. We've now unleashed vaccines developed by four different pharmas in four different formulations on the world and we're supposed to believe they all got it right? Did any get it right?

3) Supposedly, there are new variants of covid that these vaccines don't work on. Are we going to perpetually be getting shots? If so, I'm gonna load up on pharma stocks.

4) if my loved ones want to get the vaccine, they can and feel as protected as they want to be. Stop trying to bully me into it. My body, my choice.
Danny969 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 09:17 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny969 View Post
I won't be getting the vaccine for the following reasons:

1) I've had covid. It was mild. My body fought it off just fine. I am now immune for some period of time which is completely unknown, just like those that have had the vaccine.

2) This is not like any vaccine you've had before. It's not a weakend strain of the virus that causes you body to produce antibodies. It's mRNA based which tiggers your immune system to produce a response. This is the first ever mRNA based vaccine given to humans and the long term effects of these mRNA based vaccines are completely unknown. We've now unleashed vaccines developed by four different pharmas in four different formulations on the world and we're supposed to believe they all got it right? Did any get it right?

3) Supposedly, there are new variants of covid that these vaccines don't work on. Are we going to perpetually be getting shots? If so, I'm gonna load up on pharma stocks.

4) if my loved ones want to get the vaccine, they can and feel as protected as they want to be. Stop trying to bully me into it. My body, my choice.
Terrible Danny, ignore science. A damn good argument against universal
suffrage. This one is serious. I do want to end up paying for your life saving treatment because you refused to have a shot. Capiche?
Old 04-05-2021, 10:37 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
Terrible Danny, ignore science. A damn good argument against universal
suffrage. This one is serious. I do want to end up paying for your life saving treatment because you refused to have a shot. Capiche?
Ah, the old science denier argument. I am a scientist so I'm quite sure of my analysis. Care to refute anything I said other than calling me ignorant? I'm also financially secure so no worries about supporting me. Right now, it's me paying for others. Capiche?
Danny969 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 11:45 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
Terrible Danny, ignore science.
You should read it again, I think. There's a difference between "ignore science" and "I disagree with your conclusions." And he laid out a fairly convincing sciency explanation for his own specific situation and decision, I thought.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 04:58 AM   #288

First off, let me preface by stating I am not an epidemiologist, doctor nor virologist.

The thing about people not getting the vaccine is: do we want this damn thing to end at some point or what? Variants occur because of the constant spreading and mutations. They occur in areas where the spread has not been kept in check. Brazil, U.K., and one of the worst now is dubbed the Arizona variant. Arizona really lost it. Lots of areas in the USA lost it. People refusing the vaccine en masse will not be helping, although I get it that it's their right.

This has happened with many vaccines over the last century. I don't know, polio,smallpox, measles to name a few, do we want that crap back? Actually, SOME of those are making comebacks due to antivaxxers.

Gee whiz people... What I'd propose is those refusing the vaccine also refuse the right to medical treatment should they contract the disease and need attention. Folks that catch it inadvertently deserve treatment first in my opinion.

2006 Lakota 29RKT
kdauto is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #289

If enough folks get the vaccine herd immunity will take over or at least that's the bill of sale that was proposed. Nature will take its course one way or the other.
Itinerant1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinerant1 View Post
If enough folks get the vaccine herd immunity will take over or at least that's the bill of sale that was proposed. Nature will take its course one way or the other.

"Nature will take its course one way or another". I could not agree more, one thing is for sure there is a lot of fear out there and a lot of opinions. It was so much easier when they just complained about campground lights.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:18 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
"Nature will take its course one way or another". I could not agree more, one thing is for sure there is a lot of fear out there and a lot of opinions. It was so much easier when they just complained about campground lights.
LOL, I'll be glad to see the day when that's the worst thing that we have to complain about...
Old 04-08-2021, 10:16 PM   #292

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Got my 2nd Phizer shot today. Actually I feel better than I did yesterday. Can a side effect be good feelings? Energy and clear headed. There are days I would like one of these. I can't even feel where they stuck me. I was expecting to feel bad but now i think I'll wax the trailer tomorrow. This is not a joke.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #293

DW got her second Phizer shot yesterday. No problems so far. I got mine two days ago. No side effects except a little bit of soreness at the shot site. No worse than any other injection.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #294

The wife and I had a bad month of March, we both got Covid. We were doing all the "Right" things but still got it. We are still a little weak but are on the mend. This stuff is no joke.

We are scheduled next Wednesday to get the Johnson and Johnson "One" shot. She told a friend and they said it was too soon.

Has anyone heard this?
TMyers17 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply