Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #71
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I just don't understand what is going on with this political firestorm. Seven weeks solid I have been trying to get vaccinated in my home state of FL, I can't even come close! Up at 6 am 3 times a week to play to stupid lottery games and can't hit. I guess I need to denounce my citizenship and do a drive-up.

My wife got our NY State appointments at 12:03 AM last Tuesday for for a Thursday noontime jab. The cancelled ones where we had to travel 300+ miles round trip were done the same way - around midnight. This time frame is just when the appointments opened. Ours were at a drug store less then 5 miles while the travel ones were at a state facility. Six AM is too late
IC2 is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
I just don't understand what is going on with this political firestorm. Seven weeks solid I have been trying to get vaccinated in my home state of FL, I can't even come close! Up at 6 am 3 times a week to play to stupid lottery games and can't hit. I guess I need to denounce my citizenship and do a drive-up.
I don't follow other states but I do know if it's like the free for all in Florida it's deployable. They had months to prepare then our "favorite" Governor does what he does best throws it to the counties to decide how to give them out. In many cases Health Care worker and First Responders were left waiting in lines. Lee county had elderly people waiting overnight with no facilities to use for them. After it came out for over 65 I was online constantly for weeks before I got my wife an appt. (Cancer & heart Attack survivor) but the system would only take one at a time and you need a different email address for each of you. She got her first and I kept trying for weeks after that until I stumble into an appt. when the system had a glitch and let about 950 folks in before they shut it down. (BTW Charlotte County). I was one of them and though they admitted it was in error they honored us and I got mine a few weeks after my wife. She just got her second last month and she had some major aches and pains along with severe headaches. Basically slept the next day and nite but by the end of day two after the shot she finally got better. Me, I'm up for my second shot along with a neighbor this coming Wednesday. Since I signed up and they moved a lot to Publix's it's almost impossible to get in. I know I'm trying to get a friends 90 y/o Father and 89 y/o Stepmom who are pretty good help but don't know computers. We've had multiple screens up 2 or more days a week starting at 6 but now 7am. Our "Governor" promised 3,000 more to Charlotte County, which has the highest % per total population of over 65 in the state, after shortchanging us for some time. Admitting on public TV, while at one of his many visits to Publix's across the state, they messed u promised to fix it right away. Funny thing is the Publix's site went from showing how many vaccine's they had to only showing % remaining until it was fully booked. Nice move now no counties have any idea how many vaccine's they are booking!!! Another great move so the public won't see what's going on and where they're going. And since he did this Charlotte County Vaccine's are fully booked in less than half the time or less. People are furious feeling that instead of more their giving less. Now Winne Dixie, Sams' Walmart are getting into the game which will cause confusion because there's no one site to go to book an appt. Anyway be safe
dmctlc is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #73

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will wait a few years and see if any of you grow a second head or something.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2021, 04:59 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
I will wait a few years and see if any of you grow a second head or something.
It is the Nanobots that you have to worry about.
PS56 is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2021, 05:04 PM   #75
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Annette and I got our second Moderna vaccine shot on Feb. 10th. They said that we would be at the maximum protection level in two weeks!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2021, 05:24 PM   #76

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Having been poked, prodded and probed MANY times I watch them -----

But alas I have NOT gotten to do that YET

VA says I am on the 'list' and soon (but not sure of what 'soon' implies?)
Me too. I have Diabetes and severe COPD / Asthma but not 70 (actually 51) but no word from Vet Admin on a date. It is a mess
Old 02-15-2021, 06:36 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Covid Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
I don't follow other states but I do know if it's like the free for all in Florida it's deployable. They had months to prepare then our "favorite" Governor does what he does best throws it to the counties to decide how to give them out. In many cases Health Care worker and First Responders were left waiting in lines. Lee county had elderly people waiting overnight with no facilities to use for them. After it came out for over 65 I was online constantly for weeks before I got my wife an appt. (Cancer & heart Attack survivor) but the system would only take one at a time and you need a different email address for each of you. She got her first and I kept trying for weeks after that until I stumble into an appt. when the system had a glitch and let about 950 folks in before they shut it down. (BTW Charlotte County). I was one of them and though they admitted it was in error they honored us and I got mine a few weeks after my wife. She just got her second last month and she had some major aches and pains along with severe headaches. Basically slept the next day and nite but by the end of day two after the shot she finally got better. Me, I'm up for my second shot along with a neighbor this coming Wednesday. Since I signed up and they moved a lot to Publix's it's almost impossible to get in. I know I'm trying to get a friends 90 y/o Father and 89 y/o Stepmom who are pretty good help but don't know computers. We've had multiple screens up 2 or more days a week starting at 6 but now 7am. Our "Governor" promised 3,000 more to Charlotte County, which has the highest % per total population of over 65 in the state, after shortchanging us for some time. Admitting on public TV, while at one of his many visits to Publix's across the state, they messed u promised to fix it right away. Funny thing is the Publix's site went from showing how many vaccine's they had to only showing % remaining until it was fully booked. Nice move now no counties have any idea how many vaccine's they are booking!!! Another great move so the public won't see what's going on and where they're going. And since he did this Charlotte County Vaccine's are fully booked in less than half the time or less. People are furious feeling that instead of more their giving less. Now Winne Dixie, Sams' Walmart are getting into the game which will cause confusion because there's no one site to go to book an appt. Anyway be safe [emoji782]

I guess I feel lucky. I’m in Polk co fl and the initial phone in was a joke overloaded phone lines they replaced it after a week or so with the online version and you can go online fill out the app form you can also see what date ( the date you applied) they are working on. I applied on the second day jan15 and got my call and first shot last friday Very organized. Emails saying be on time but not early if you are wait in car in the parking lot until your appt. still some people couldn’t understand and had to be told to not stand outside the door.
DW who is younger than 65 but also filed when I did explaining her issues and was emailed about the time I was called and told to go online to clinic that was handling “at risk “she got a call back Sunday and appt this am.
So got in line Jan 15 and 1st shot took 1month .. it should get better because the first three days had thousands apply much less on the days since so they should start moving thru the dates faster
Moderna .. sore arm to the touch or to sleep on the day after but otherwise quick and painless.
DW professionally knows a lee county person working on part of the organizing in the county and DW was told they have vaccinated more people than anyone in the state. Not sure what standard that’s on but she was quite proud of it.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:05 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
I don't follow other states but I do know if it's like the free for all in Florida it's deployable. They had months to prepare then our "favorite" Governor does what he does best throws it to the counties to decide how to give them out. In many cases Health Care worker and First Responders were left waiting in lines. Lee county had elderly people waiting overnight with no facilities to use for them. After it came out for over 65 I was online constantly for weeks before I got my wife an appt. (Cancer & heart Attack survivor) but the system would only take one at a time and you need a different email address for each of you. She got her first and I kept trying for weeks after that until I stumble into an appt. when the system had a glitch and let about 950 folks in before they shut it down. (BTW Charlotte County). I was one of them and though they admitted it was in error they honored us and I got mine a few weeks after my wife. She just got her second last month and she had some major aches and pains along with severe headaches. Basically slept the next day and nite but by the end of day two after the shot she finally got better. Me, I'm up for my second shot along with a neighbor this coming Wednesday. Since I signed up and they moved a lot to Publix's it's almost impossible to get in. I know I'm trying to get a friends 90 y/o Father and 89 y/o Stepmom who are pretty good help but don't know computers. We've had multiple screens up 2 or more days a week starting at 6 but now 7am. Our "Governor" promised 3,000 more to Charlotte County, which has the highest % per total population of over 65 in the state, after shortchanging us for some time. Admitting on public TV, while at one of his many visits to Publix's across the state, they messed u promised to fix it right away. Funny thing is the Publix's site went from showing how many vaccine's they had to only showing % remaining until it was fully booked. Nice move now no counties have any idea how many vaccine's they are booking!!! Another great move so the public won't see what's going on and where they're going. And since he did this Charlotte County Vaccine's are fully booked in less than half the time or less. People are furious feeling that instead of more their giving less. Now Winne Dixie, Sams' Walmart are getting into the game which will cause confusion because there's no one site to go to book an appt. Anyway be safe
I can't' speak for other counties here in North Fl. but for my county it's going really good. My FIL, siblings, neighbors and friends who meet the age criteria have all got there shots without any problems. Most of them have already got 2nd shots. Wife and I are not 65 yet so we are waiting for it to be offered to us and then we will get ours.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 05:06 AM   #79

Hardee County FL has done really well. AFAIK, everyone in our park got their shots with little trouble. Other areas around the state don't seem so well managed. But from comments that I have heard from friends, a lot of the issue is many people calling in on multiple phones or computers bogging down the system.
The FL governor also contributed to the problem by going against CDC guidance and immediately opening distribution to everyone over 65, when clearly there was not a supply to meet the resulting demand. At 72, we were expecting to not get vacinated until June, but when the rules were changed and opportunity knocked, we are answered.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 06:01 AM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:

Your county must be a mess .. it’s taken awhile but I went online a month ago . It took awhile to get it straightened out .. car lines and phone calls don’t work .. online does easily registers at county site online Jan 15th and 4 weeks later have my shot. Have you gone to the states new online registration ? Maybe suck it up and pick another county ?myvacine.fl.gov I believe Everyone over 65 in the park I’m in has been called i was a day late getting online I hope you can get an appointment soon
Old 02-16-2021, 07:17 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Your county must be a mess .. it’s taken awhile but I went online a month ago . It took awhile to get it straightened out .. car lines and phone calls don’t work .. online does easily registers at county site online Jan 15th and 4 weeks later have my shot. Have you gone to the states new online registration ? Maybe suck it up and pick another county ?myvacine.fl.gov I believe Everyone over 65 in the park I’m in has been called i was a day late getting online I hope you can get an appointment soon
Lee County is a mess. Way to many seasonal residents that qualify and not enough vaccines being delivered. I signed up for myvacine.fl.gov when it was announce on the 11pm news. It has been 2 weeks and just an email saying that your resisted. I thought I was one of the first to register, but I guess not. I have tried for all counties on the west side of FL except myvacine.fl.gov which I understood was county of residency.
I know I am not alone, I have a neighbor trying just as hard as we are without success. In addition, the evening news reports daily of the frustration of others. Just too many people in a small county. Sooner or later I'll be one of the lucky ones.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 08:09 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post
Me too. I have Diabetes and severe COPD / Asthma but not 70 (actually 51) but no word from Vet Admin on a date. It is a mess
Good luck with the VA...they are so dysfunctional it makes my head spin.
psmiller is offline   Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 08:16 AM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Chuck, it took 4 weeks after I registered to get a call.At least here that seems to be the norm Sounds like you should get a call in a couple weeks I thought I was early on the county web site also but thousands were registered before me. BTW I'm sure you know but the call may be blocked or certainly unknown. I answered all calls until they called me back. Who knew my car warranty needed attention? Or my computer was hacked LOL
Old 02-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmiller View Post
Good luck with the VA...they are so dysfunctional it makes my head spin.
I got an email from the VA with a phone number to call. I did and they set me up for Feb. 27, then my HMO emailed me and I got set up for Feb. 7 so I canceled the VA. Now the VA Hospital announced a walk in for vets 65 and over. They seem to be doing OK.
I talked to my oldest Daughter last night in upstate NY, and she is in the health care industry so she's had both shots, but her husband cannot get any. She says it's a mess. No vaccine.

Lots of rumors going around and a lot of chaos as well. My HMO was very well organized. They are doing 2000 a day.

I'm 80.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply
Closed Thread