RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #85

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Chuck, it took 4 weeks after I registered to get a call.At least here that seems to be the norm Sounds like you should get a call in a couple weeks I thought I was early on the county web site also but thousands were registered before me. BTW I'm sure you know but the call may be blocked or certainly unknown. I answered all calls until they called me back. Who knew my car warranty needed attention? Or my computer was hacked LOL
Thanks for that heads up. I saw on the News how to open up for Verizon Spam Block and did that immediately. I am getting the same calls as you. I enjoying asking the spammers if they are calling regarding the Covid vaccine? No. Then why are you tying up my phone line.? They hang up first. Thanks for the feedback that it took 4 weeks after sign up. Lee county was still doing wait in line all night, and phone lotteries that were over in 3 minutes four weeks ago.
You're wife's friend that has done an outstanding job in Lee County, tell her we appreciate it. It is not her fault that there are more people here than vaccines. We had a boom of permanent Snowbirds when the Baby Boomers retired and Lee County real estate was still cheap. They qualify as residents for the vaccines.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #86

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmiller View Post
Good luck with the VA...they are so dysfunctional it makes my head spin.

Yep. I really believe I had the wuflu back in mar/apr 2020 but there was no testing back then. Damn near killed me (literally) Iíve been exposed by infected family since and never caught it again, but I am fairly cautious

except a trip to Mt. Rushmore last year

Anyway, I use o2 and am severely compromised and still no VA vaccine availability
Old 02-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Annette and I got our second Moderna vaccine shot on Feb. 10th. They said that we would be at the maximum protection level in two weeks!

Joe, does this mean that you can't get pregnant now?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:06 PM   #88

Quote:

Actually, I called telephone help at the Lexington VA around 5 February, they told me 65 and older, but I could register with here (I'm 61), and when I was eligible, I would get a text. Last Thursday, the 11th, I got a text saying appointments available 16 (today) thru the 18th, when would I like it? I put in 1000, got a text back asking, how about 1400? I said yes. Went in today, got the 1st shot, the Pfizer vaccine, 2nd shot on 9 March . . . Easy Peazey. Now if the rest of the state were as squared away as the Lexington VA, it would be great to get my wife and elder (handicapped, and at risk) child vaccinated as well . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #89

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I Got Number 2 yesterday, DW still unable to get an appointment, It's hell to be young.

Glenn
Old 02-18-2021, 06:50 AM   #90

I got my 2nd shot (moderna) yesterday. Other than a sore arm today I feel fine unlike my DW who got hers last week and had tough time the next day severe headaches and general aches all over. She slept most that day. Late day 2 she starting feeling better so I was a little apprehensive getting mine yesterday so I was prepared for the worse. We'll still take precautions, of course because, as we all know the only guarantee in life is taxes and death...
dmctlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:59 PM   #91

Tennessee just changed to include +65. Got my first shot appt set up. Wife still can't get it. She's 64 but compromised immune. Wish she could take mine..
Old 02-24-2021, 11:01 AM   #92

A neighbor (66) got her second shot a week ago, Moderna, and she said it knocked her out. Chills, high fever that went up to 104, nauseous, very weak legs, had to crawl to the bathroom. She got it on Monday and by Wednesday she felt better.

My sister and her husband (mid-70s) got their second shot a few days ago, Pfizer, and only had a slightly sore arm. Seems to be hit-and-miss on who gets the bad side effects or not, but the bottom line is you get over it. I'm getting my second Pfizer shot on Monday.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobReab View Post
Tennessee just changed to include +65. Got my first shot appt set up. Wife still can't get it. She's 64 but compromised immune. Wish she could take mine..
It's a shame they can't let a husband and wife get it even if one of them is under 65. My neighbor's the same way, her husband isn't 65 yet.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:36 AM   #94

After trying forever, finally got my shots scheduled today. Wife is younger and must wait.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:11 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
A neighbor (66) got her second shot a week ago, Moderna, and she said it knocked her out. Chills, high fever that went up to 104, nauseous, very weak legs, had to crawl to the bathroom. She got it on Monday and by Wednesday she felt better.

My sister and her husband (mid-70s) got their second shot a few days ago, Pfizer, and only had a slightly sore arm. Seems to be hit-and-miss on who gets the bad side effects or not, but the bottom line is you get over it. I'm getting my second Pfizer shot on Monday.

The wife and I are both 70y.o. and just received our second shot of Moderna last Monday and we would like to share our experience .

One of the couples in our group got their second shots 2 weeks ago . They were both down for 2 days with sore muscles , chills , low grade fever and fatigue .

Wife's cousin and her husband got their second shot a week ago . Their doctor recommended taking Tylenol as soon as they got home and to take it per directions for 2 days after the last shot. Also to drink lots of water to stay hydrated . They sailed right through , a little soreness in the shoulder around the injection site and a little fatigue . Nothing that knocked them down.

We followed the wife's cousin's doctors recommendation . Same results , a little fatigue but nothing more.

The doctor did stress to them to take Tylenol and to NOT TAKE aspirin or ibuprofen .

We hope our experience may help someone else.
Bill Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:37 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post
Me too. I have Diabetes and severe COPD / Asthma but not 70 (actually 51) but no word from Vet Admin on a date. It is a mess
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Actually, I called telephone help at the Lexington VA around 5 February, they told me 65 and older, but I could register with here (I'm 61), and when I was eligible, I would get a text. Last Thursday, the 11th, I got a text saying appointments available 16 (today) thru the 18th, when would I like it? I put in 1000, got a text back asking, how about 1400? I said yes. Went in today, got the 1st shot, the Pfizer vaccine, 2nd shot on 9 March . . . Easy Peazey. Now if the rest of the state were as squared away as the Lexington VA, it would be great to get my wife and elder (handicapped, and at risk) child vaccinated as well . . .

Got my 1st Modena Vaccine this morning.....
The Local VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic has been slowly moving thru the AZ priority list....
They are now doing 1B but due to my multiple surgeries and another one planned my VA Doc 'opted me in'...got a call yesterday to show up at 11:30 today

They were doing groups of 7 every every 30 minutes....question you/temp check then into a large room where we were all separated. VA Doc made presentation about the Modena Vaccine, side affects, expectations then Nurse came around and gave the shots. then we were moved to another waiting area for 15 minutes to make sure no one had any immediate side affects....while cleaning group sanitized the other room.

We were given our 'Immunization Card' with the date/Modena Lot number used and appointment date for 2nd shot....1 month out

Nicely done...well organized

Any Veteran that is 'compromised' should contact their VA Primary Care Doctor and discuss your condition and see about getting the Doc to opt you in

I use 'MyHealtheVet' and send private messages....course our VA is small and Local Based PLUS I have a Great VA Nurse that is a great Champion when it comes to VA Related issues

Squeaky Wheel....be Proactive!
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:45 AM   #97

Entegra Owners Club
Same Experience as Old Biscuit.. VA here is was still vaccinating 75 and above, I am 74. I have checked with VA once a week when the next group might be ready. I was advised to come in Saturday at 1 PM at the end of the 75 and above clinic. There were four shots left over, I was number 2 of the 5 that showed up. Same experience as Old Biscuit, very well organized and professional.

The civilian market in SW FL not so much. It has been 9 weeks trying to get my wife vaccinated. If you want a vaccine in this area, you are going to have to travel and that came from the month of the Governor. https://www.winknews.com/2021/02/24/...aths-reported/
Old 02-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #98

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry, the link posted above now goes to another story.