RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Covid Vaccine

I got my first vaccine (Moderna) this morning and second will be Feb 9th!!!!!! However my DW is a spring chicken and she cannot get her's for a bit yet
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #2

Lucky you! Did you do a drive-thru?

Some states/counties are really behind; including ours.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
We got reservations for Jan. 29th here in the Phoenix area - opened website at 6:00 am and by 8:30 all was full. They do have one site at Cardinal Stadium on the west side of Phoenix that is running 24/7, but that's quite a haul from where we are and no way would I drive after dark into an unfamiliar area like that. I do feel for the locals in that this has been all dumped on them to figure out how to do it. At least no one will be standing for hours in lines.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:27 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I got an appointment last week for today. But we had to drive 2.5 hours to Orlando and a parking lot at the Orlando Airport. It was set up under tents and the time from parking the car to my injection was less than 5 min. , and my drive from the entrance to my parking spot was 3 min. All told I was there for less than 35 min.

If I tried to go near where we are camped it would be 3-4 weeks for an appointment and 12+ hours if I wanted to stay on line in a walk up center that may or may not have a vaccine when i got to the front of the line. It was so worth the drive.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
We got reservations for Jan. 29th here in the Phoenix area - opened website at 6:00 am and by 8:30 all was full. They do have one site at Cardinal Stadium on the west side of Phoenix that is running 24/7, but that's quite a haul from where we are and no way would I drive after dark into an unfamiliar area like that. I do feel for the locals in that this has been all dumped on them to figure out how to do it. At least no one will be standing for hours in lines.
I take it you are in the 1B category ....over 75?

AZ COVID Vaccine Phase Chart
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
I take it you are in the 1B category ....over 75?
Yes we are.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #7

Tried to get appt and could not. My take on my search was that everything was filled up already. Wife decided to try and managed to get a 4:30am appt in two weeks at the Cardinal football stadium. Not sure I should have let her try🤬. Now I canít complain about not being able to get appointment. Wife doesnít qualify yet so we get to do it again!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:20 AM   #8

We are in Hardee County FL where we own an RV lot that is our permanent address of record. We happened, purely by luck, to find out about registration last week, before public announcement, and were able to get our 1st shots last Thursday. They gave us an appointment for the second shot when we got the first one.
When watching the news stations, it looks like the FL rollout is a disaster in most places because the governor put everyone over 65 in line after healthcare workers. If they had stuck with the original plan, they would have had time to get the system up and running with the limited supplies available. They would have been able to work the bugs out and been ready for mass distribution.
As it is now, people are flocking to FL from other states and trying to get vacinated because there is no residency requirement. The situation seems out of control.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Teamfoxy I agree here in the SW area (Ft. Myers ) it continues in most places to be a cluster F..K
However it does seem to be improving somewhat.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
DW and I got our this AM.... Second one on 2/11/21....

No big deal on first one(a little soreness at injection spot) but I understand the second one is a different story.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
DW and I got our this AM.... Second one on 2/11/21....

No big deal on first one(a little soreness at injection spot) but I understand the second one is a different story.....
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #12

I got mine on Monday, since I work in healthcare IT, the hospital got vaccine for all their personal. I got the moderna, just some soreness in the arm. Next dose in February.
Adlin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Tried to get an appointment anywhere in the Phoenix area but they're all booked up, even at the 24/7 site in Glendale. Have friends that got a 2:30 am appointment on the 29th. I hear they're not taking any more appointments now. We're both 76 so definitely qualify.
DandyDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #14

DW got me a Phoenix appt two days ago (after I tried for 2 hours) on the 27th at 4:30am at the 24/7 site. Only appt available! She doesnít qualify until A3. There will be absolutely nothing by then. Not sure how this is going to work out.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote