Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #127

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
BTW, can you show us real scientific and/or clinical evidence that masks protect anyone? The testing I have read say it doesn't.
Please provide some links. I really don't like wearing masks. They really don't work well with the glasses.

The one I found suggests otherwise. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
garyb1st is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb1st View Post
Please provide some links. I really don't like wearing masks. They really don't work well with the glasses…

I haven’t tried it, but supposedly if you wash your glasses with soap and water and let them air dry, it will help prevent your glasses from steaming up.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #129

Quote:
The press conference was with Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker and director of the Illinois Department of Public Health, Dr. Ngozi Ezike. You can watch it yourself at https://youtu.be/rPmFbtH-nEQ This is just one example of what I believe many states are doing. North Dakota has received much criticism, claiming their numbers are "under reported" because they only count those whose actual cause of death is Covid-19 as Covid-19 deaths. The Governor said they refuse to assume that this those tested positive would have died from the virus anyway. BTW, can you show us real scientific and/or clinical evidence that masks protect anyone? The testing I have read say it doesn't.

At this point all you have to do is look at what other countries/states have done to mitigate the spread of the virus. Common sense would dictate that following the same steps would work here as well. Here is one study of many that finds masks to be effective. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0612172200.htm
Why is it that I suspect any study I post would fail to convince you? As scientists learn more, recommendations have changed. People need to keep an open mind to these changes.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 11:07 AM   #130

Quote:
There is a real problem with the reported Covid-19 death numbers. In a recent press conference a health official was cornered over what counts as a Covid-19 death. Her response was "anyone who dies and has tested positive for the virus". When asked if that meant someone who had a heart attack and dies but tested positive would be counted and her reply was "anyone who dies and has tested positive for the virus. " They went on to ask about people in hospice care, killed in an accident, any other way of dying and her answer was the same. So even if someone is asymptomatic and dies from any other cause is counted as a Covid-19 death. This seriously inflates the numbers.
That is not exactly what the doctor said. Here is a link:
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...eaths/2270810/

Quote:
Ezike said that the state is being careful to make sure to weed out deaths where the patient had COVID-19, but died in a manner completely detached from the virus, such as gunshot wounds or motor vehicle crashes.
A small part of the linked interview which agrees with the articles other posters have kindly shared.
Charming is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #131

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The reality is that statistics can be made to say anything the person reporting wants them to say.

I would like to see how the numbers would change if assisted living centers, nursing homes and prisons were separated out. Arizona calls these congregate settings. The residents of those 3 places are not going to the grocery store. I'm extremely unlikely to bump into them or be exposed by them.

Arizona reports the number of settings, but not the number of positive cases in each. I suspect those settings account for most of the cases and deaths, but I’m not at risk from any of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #132

Covid worries

We went camping 2 weeks ago at the Louisville South KOA. Both of us are in the High Risk category, so we wore our masks when needed (inside stores and when visiting with friends). We carry hand sanitizer in both our tow vehicle and trailer.

Had meals inside restaurants a few times, but for those occasions we wore both our face masks and face shields. Pulled the masks down to eat, then pulled them back up afterwards.

We're KOA members because their campground owners really care about their guests. Not sure I'd be willing to camp at any other cg during this time.
horsecollect is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #133

we are early 70's and we just do all our normal stuff. we have taken our travel trailer out several times with no problem. we carry a mask and put it on when entering an area that requires them and we wash our hands a lot more but that is about all. we have tuned out the daily news count of new cases..dont care, more testing more cases found...just a tiny fraction of cases turn lethal so we arent going to join in the panic, just going to go about our business but be a little more careful. only know a cpl. folks in all our circle of friends/family that are overly worried and only know one person who had it and he said NDB. I say if you are really worried about, dont go because the worrying will take a lot of the fun out of your trip. IMHO
runamuck is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #134

Looking for What's My Risk? I found the attached. It's based on surveying medical staff from 2 hospitals and 1 medical school. I'm sure there would be other documents or medical surveys that would rank things differently but to what extent is hard to say. Submitted for your perusal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Activity Risk.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	294810  
Old 07-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #135

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I didn't see "one night stands" on the list so I guess the risk is very low.. LOL
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 11:37 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
..... Here is one study of many that finds masks to be effective. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0612172200.htm
Why is it that I suspect any study I post would fail to convince you? As scientists learn more, recommendations have changed. People need to keep an open mind to these changes.
You posted a press release and not a study. According to the press release some college professors looked at very densely populated areas of China, Italy, and NYC.

We are talking about traveling using an RV to places to get away from large groups of people.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:44 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I didn't see "one night stands" on the list so I guess the risk is very low.. LOL
Unless you meet at the covid-19 party at the assisted living center.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:23 AM   #138

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Looking for What's My Risk? I found the attached. It's based on surveying medical staff from 2 hospitals and 1 medical school. I'm sure there would be other documents or medical surveys that would rank things differently but to what extent is hard to say. Submitted for your perusal.
Could you please post a link to this list. No matter what I do my iPad won’t let me read it. I figure it’s good for a chuckle or two. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-28-2020, 11:39 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Could you please post a link to this list. No matter what I do my iPad won’t let me read it. I figure it’s good for a chuckle or two. Thanks!
https://www.texmed.org/TexasMedicine....aspx?id=53977
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 07-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #140

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Thanks for posting! Interesting read!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread