Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If dog slobber kills the virus, and it does, I am safe...LOL
And shed fur! Smothers everything!

There are studies that show people with pets get sick less often so...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #44

[QUOTE=Solo_RV_Guy;5340093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Fred View Post

I am aware of both - Remdesivir so far has been effective in shortening ICU use, by about 3 days, but has not shown benefit to those less seriously ill. HydroQ is not effective and the side effects range to the lethal in certain patients. Hydroxychloroquine should be left to the patients who need it for its labeled uses.

There have been several other anti-viral drugs administered that, so far, have not shown improvement in patients...
Watching CNN and other media as your only information source?
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #45
Community Administrator

This thread has drifted way off topic and also is getting personal. Both of which are not permitted per site rules.
Please consider the topic and stick to it and not get personal.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 07-09-2020, 05:30 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc1470 View Post
Lets take the spring break kids in Florida. When was that March? Well over 6 weeks ago at any rate.

Young kids so they fit the criteria of getting it and maybe not knowing it and taking it home to the older folks.

Was there a surge in deaths of old folks? What are the numbers you have seen?
The big crush of cases were seeing now is generally from around the Memorial day outings. Another big spurt will come from the July 4th gatherings. It's all really a moot point now. This virus has reached critical mass and there is no controlling it. The huge number of young people who gathered in large packs will in turn spread it to the old people. Remember that in March the virus had a much smaller footprint, so it took longer to build a head of steam and knock people down. Now it's a steam roller. The disjointed response from the beginning is what put us here. South Korea's first case came the same day as the US first case, and South Korea with 50 million people only had less than 300 deaths. We just need to take responsibility for each of us and our families the best we can. ihc, if your holed up in that Dodge you'll outlast all of us.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #47

Whatever happened to the flu? Is that still a thing
Old 07-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
ihc, if your holed up in that Dodge you'll outlast all of us.
Thank you for your thoughts. Wish I was in the Dodge, at the moment cutting hay so just me and the dog all day long.

The county I live in as of yet has not had a single reported case. Of course subject to change.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Whatever happened to the flu? Is that still a thing
Yep. Flu season expected in the fall as usual. It’s expected to complicate things as the initial symptoms look the same and they will have to assume the much deadlier COVID. It is expected to overwhelm facilities worse than they are now. The other concern is overwhelmed and overworked medical staff. Some may just not be able to cope and call it quits. Can’t say I blame them.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
if masks stop the spread.. why are we not seeing the homeless in big cities dropping like flies...
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

Old 07-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milford 47 View Post
Watching CNN and other media as your only information source?
No.

I get most of my info (or links to info) from a physician. His job title is "Epidemiological Virologist." He's with a little acronym company at a quaint Fort in MD, once used by the US Army. I watch very little TV news except for local coverage.

One of the things he shared with me was that viruses don't magically jump from person to person, they don't lie in wait like a trap door spider. Human behavior is how diseases spread - close contact between infected and uninfected people.

The key to controlling pandemics is to catch them very early and prevent those initial contagions from spreading. That boat has long ago sailed and now we deal with needing more people to limit personal contact in order to limit the rate of transmission. Right now we're dealing with folks who went back to 2019 as soon as the bars opened, partied too close together on Labor day. I understand the desire and my job depends on people being able to gather in large groups, but for larger groups to safely assemble means lots more compliance with masks and distancing and so far, that doesn't seem to be happening.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:18 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If dog slobber kills the virus, and it does, I am safe...LOL

Dog slobber is a remedy for may human conditions.
Closed Thread