Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2020, 05:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post

COVID is just another risk to be managed. Deal with it.

Ray
Well sure, the better we understand it, the better we can “deal” with it.
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2020, 08:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
…COVID is just another risk to be managed. Deal with it.

Ray

The problem is in the irresponsible way some people are “managing” it, others are affected and needlessly infected.
Until everyone stops treating it as somebody else’s problem, more people will get sick, more will be out of work, lives will be disrupted, and many more will have to “deal with it “.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #31

I would tell you a joke about Covid, but 99 percent of you wont get it.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
I would tell you a joke about Covid, but 99 percent of you wont get it.
I see what you did there.

My wife didn't get it.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:15 AM   #33

COVID infections, and the responses to those infections, is a fluid and moving target. What is happening today will not be what is happening next week, next month or next year. A concern that can't be completely ignored is what will happen in January when newly elected politicians take office. Many of them will likely want to "take action" while at the same time not have the political experience to realize that actions have consequences far beyond the immediate target area. I believe we saw a hint of what could come when formerly anonymous health department employees were suddenly empowered to make rules and laws almost at will. Anybody up for another nationwide lockdown for a few months while a newly approved vaccine is ramped up and disseminated across the population?
Old 08-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think that by now the Covid virus is present virtually everywhere in the US. Sure higher probability in urban centers than in rural settings. Basically it is all about population density. RVs generally stay away from urban centers anyway. I believe that you can travel at will, taking care when fueling and purchasing supplies. It is pretty easy to insulate yourself from infection, you know, masks when in the presence of others, hand sanitizer from fuel pumps and store visits. A vaccine will help but not until at least the end of the year and then it will take quite a while to achieve herd immunity provided that the vaccine is effective. Basically, it will take too long to wait it out so go on with your live but remain vigilant....
Old 08-16-2020, 12:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Unfortunately (due to lack of trust in reporting) I have been documenting everything FL has reported and it's weird - usually the site is not updated when I check so I wait a few hours to log my data. I do this for my wife's benefit, since she works in Dialysis centers and she has quite a few Covid active cases.
Each day is a new day for her. Thankfully she wears PPE that protects her.
You may already know the answer. But ask your wife if folks wearing the PPE in stores and other places are following the correct procedures when donning or removing the PPE. Are they contaminating themselves 2-3 times or not?

I know what I observe in NC with common folks.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
The problem is in the irresponsible way some people are “managing” it, others are affected and needlessly infected.
Until everyone stops treating it as somebody else’s problem, more people will get sick, more will be out of work, lives will be disrupted, and many more will have to “deal with it “.
And there, truthfully folks talks the voice of experience. So very true, we see denial all too often in all this sadly. It waters down all that us taking it seriously are trying to do whilst living in this new normal.

How are you Yosemite? How's your blood oxygen levels now? Any other ongoing after effects? Hubby and I still have some lingering issues in the breathing/cough dept and some back aches = ?lungs. Often think how you are doing.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:55 PM   #37

folks, please stay on topic and talk about Florida
Old 08-16-2020, 05:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
You may already know the answer. But ask your wife if folks wearing the PPE in stores and other places are following the correct procedures when donning or removing the PPE. Are they contaminating themselves 2-3 times or not?

I know what I observe in NC with common folks.
Very few people are wearing PPE in stores. Masks are not PPE. They prevent the wearer from infecting the people around them if worn properly. They don't protect the wearer unless they are N95 or better and coupled with a faceshield.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
…How are you Yosemite? How's your blood oxygen levels now? Any other ongoing after effects? Hubby and I still have some lingering issues in the breathing/cough dept and some back aches = ?lungs. Often think how you are doing.
Hi SomeDay. Unfortunately, my oxygen levels haven’t improved and I still get short of breath occasionally. My energy level could be better as well. If I’m improving at this point, it’s very slow. I do have one or two other possible side effects, but as I’m not 100% sure they are C-19 related, I won’t mention them. All in all, I consider myself fortunate as there’s others who are much worse off.
We picked up e-bikes this summer, so the plan going forward is to bike and use the treadmill this winter. I need to get my lungs functioning more efficiently.
Thanks for thinking of me. I hope you and your husband continue to improve. You’ll be in my thoughts as well.

***Apologies to the OP Gator bait, but I thought it’d rude not to respond.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:12 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
My moms last husband went back to his mobile in North Fort Myers where I stayed a few months and said park is almost empty (had a lot of Ontario’s and Quebec residents and RVs) said there are a lot of Canadian cancellations for that park if I wanted to return. I was lucky to reserve a space after someone cancelled last year in September.

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
Old 08-19-2020, 06:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwok View Post
My moms last husband went back to his mobile in North Fort Myers where I stayed a few months and said park is almost empty (had a lot of Ontario’s and Quebec residents and RVs) said there are a lot of Canadian cancellations for that park if I wanted to return. I was lucky to reserve a space after someone cancelled last year in September.
Canadians ; including myself , won't be able to purchase travel medical insurance that will cover in the USA , until the US/Canada border " non essential " crossings ban is lifted . Right now I could purchase travel medical for coverage in some places in Europe and the Bahamas , but not the USA.
Extension of the crossing ban ; extended till Sept 21; was announced late last week , and rumor is it will continue to be extended, on a monthly basis, past year end .
I've dug out my winter clothes ( stored for thirteen years) and will hunker down . Just about all I can do.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #42

we will miss all our Canadian friends in Florida, hopefully this will sort itself out and we can all get back together soon. Stay safe until then
Closed Thread

Tags
florida