Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2020, 09:32 AM   #1

Future Prices of New Motor Homes

I am asking here for opinions about brand new motor home pricing and how the current economic situation caused by this virus will affect prices in the mid term. Some, if not most, of the factories closed for a while and that must have hurt their financial situation.

Are prices for new units going to be unusually higher next year or lower? That is my main question.

I am also wondering what is going on at the large dealers such as Lazy Days and North Trail. These folks always looked to me to have bloated inventories.

Are they dealing on "in stock units"? Are they able to get new inventory?

Any crystal balls out there?
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I spoke with North Trail last week and was told that sales are picking up and the service dept is running at almost full load.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
MH sales and value will follow the stock market. All you go to do is know where the stock market is headed. I can tell you next weeks loto numbers in 2 weeks.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #4

I would assume that people would want RVs now more. That would make prices to go up higher.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #5

My thought is that many people are taking a financial hit during this time and my need to get rid of their RV as they need to cut non-essential expenses. Just my thought.
medfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #6

The national news has reported RV sales going through the roof.
sanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just great. Hard enough to find a suite as it is now. I don't like to book a year in advance. Might have to switch over to fall and early spring trips when school is in, if it ever is in again.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
In just 2017 and 2018 a million new RVs were sold. How many new RV sites do you think were built during the same period?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanda View Post
The national news has reported RV sales going through the roof.
We live in central Indiana and our local news has carried several stories about the factories in the northern part of the state seeing demand going up at a very fast pace. With the increased demand I have to believe that will support prices for both new and used RV’s.

Personally, I think a lot of people will look at camping as a “safer” alternative to other forms of travel. Now if we can just get campgrounds open and keep them that way....
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I remember getting a spot on the Oregon coast in Feb for the month of June and July. I know that many double book then decide later where they want to go. To loose a deposit means nothing to some. Meanwhile,, there are no spots available.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #11

Lots of folks want to travel. Few want to fly and even fewer want to sleep in a hotel/motel. I see RVs and RV spots being in great demand.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:05 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Supply and demand. Fuel prices may have an impact , i.e. $5 a gallon gas tends to slow down the business. I suspect COVID19 and its resulting closing down of the economy will impact it this year. On the other hand, people want to get out and some will want to stay in their own bed at night instead of a motel.

Every Jan/Feb, we look at new MHs at the LaMesa - Phoenix RV show. Prices seem to be around $130k for a brand new Southwind / Bounder on an F53 chassis.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Wall St Journal has a article a few days ago talking about the RV industry and COVID. The article was mainly focused on rentals and how in light of the new world we live in, a LOT of people are canceling airfare/hotels and going “self contained” with the idea of knowing your “personal space” bed, food supply etc are all under your direct control. They did note a sharp uptick in sales as well if my memory is right.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:55 AM   #14

There were a lot of RV's being sold to oil field and transient workers. Those jobs are mostly gone now. Also a lot of people are rethinking their purchase plans because of the financial hit they took. There's no way RV demand will be higher it's just wishful thinking. If anybody wants to buy and RV or a boat wait till September and see what happens.
doubleplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor home