Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2020, 05:53 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Segrieve...I'd like to know if your doctor gives you a prescription for it.

I've been trying to get a prescription for Quinine for the past several years.

Asked four different doctors for a prescription and they said only if I had Malaria.

I've been taking Quinine for the last 35 years due to severe leg cramps that came on after I had Guillian Barre.

So let me know what they say. Years ago you could buy it over the counter.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2020, 06:03 PM   #16

Well... Today Dr. Fauci testified *again* that the anti-malarial drug is not effective either as treatment or prophylaxis. If taken in high doses it can cause cardiac problems and death.

Leave the HCQ for the lupus and malaria patients who need it.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
So - I know you don't desire to hear other opinions, but that study has been discredited a number of times.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/healt...ers/index.html

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/na...xychloroquine/

It can be hard to fairly consider opinions that don't jive with your own, but I urge you to consider them anyway, be a well informed consumer, you only have one life.
the whole issue has been sooooo politicized by everyone that the sources cited above cannot be trusted. the big social networking gods deemed the houston press comference the other day touting hydroxycl. as fake news and censored the video. who knows what is true anymore? this leaves each of us to follow what we each think is the proper course of action and prevention and hope for the best. a pox on all politicians, reporters and the media they work for.

if you believe the CDC the US infection rate is ~ 1.5% of the population (~ 4.5 mil infections, 330-mil people) and the IFR (infection fatality rate) is ~ 3% (151,000 deaths with somewhere between 40-50% of those in long term care facilities.) those are CDC numbers (theur numbers, my math) but who knows how accurate the CDC numbers are.

hydroxycloroquine has been used for literally decades, the fatality rate is functionally zero and it's cheap. is it effective for CV19? who knows but assuming the CDC numbers are correct the OP has just a very small chance of contracting the disease in the first place. so if he does not gets the virus is it because he is among the 98.5% of the population who did not get it or because he took the hydroxycl?

i'm curious to see if the doc writes the script AND if the pharmacy dispenses it (hearing anecdotally that some are refusing to dispense).
Old 07-31-2020, 06:48 PM   #18

Good luck finding a Doctor who will prescribe hydroxycloroquine to you. My wife and I tried to get it prescribed to us and could not find a doctor anywhere in our state that would do it because it is not an approved drug for COVID-19. We did find one doctor who was somewhat willing to do it but he had to first see us in person and that was about 1000 miles from us. We were in the early stages of the virus then and were not feeling up to going that far to get it.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:46 AM   #19
Community Administrator

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/new...ml#post5186187

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread