Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 PM   #1

Gunnison County, CO is closed...

...if you're not a full time resident you must leave or face a fine and/or jail.
https://www.westernslopenow.com/news...ive-jail-fine/
https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...c-38168c690e8d
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #2

Gunnison airport has a United Airlines flight coming in tomorrow at 1229. Better have the cops and handcuffs ready for passengers who might not be residents. And what about the truckers delivering to the town. Banned? Of course I jest but did the people running the county think this thru? Ridiculous.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Gunnison airport has a United Airlines flight coming in tomorrow at 1229. Better have the cops and handcuffs ready for passengers who might not be residents. And what about the truckers delivering to the town. Banned? Of course I jest but did the people running the county think this thru? Ridiculous.

Travelers are allowed to travel through and can stop for fuel if needed. Deliveries are allowed to be made. Residents and surrounding towns are allowed to shop for groceries and essentials but otherwise must stay at home. Second homeowners cannot come in unless there is a pressing need and that decision is made on a case by case basis. Signage has been placed on all entry points informing of the restrictions. All those over 60 must stay at home unless going out for essentials and there are special hours for that.

I haven’t been there in months and have no plans in the near future. If we go there we are required to be quarantined for 14 days. I can’t afford that. I have too many responsibilities to tend to.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 AM   #4

Everyone needs to contact them. Politely tell them of areas you have been in the past, that in future you will make it a point of never spending a cent there.
I likened it to internment of Chinese Americans during WWII.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:50 AM   #5

Gunnison has really been hit hard. It’s about the worst in the country per capita. They had to take drastic measures to protect their community. For now, we’ll give them time to heal and normalize so that they can open back up this summer for tourists.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #6

Gunnison pandemic control dates back to 1918. They were one of the smartest communities at the time.

Gunnison | U-M Center for the History of Medicine

This case was brought about by two Australian tourists who were ice fishing on Blue mesa reservoir right outside Gunnison. They told others fishing around them that they had the virus and flew over here anyway. Word got out and officials got involved. Seems they did have the virus and all those in close proximity were contacted and put into quarantine. My next door neighbor, 150 miles from Gunnison, is now in quarantine for 30 days. I hope the Australians are in jail with heavy fines. We do a lot of camping and fishing in that area and hope it will be re-opened by June.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #7

Gunnison is the nearest town for us to buy groceries and supplies. We’re 56 miles away but now we choose to go to the next town over even though it’s 102 miles. Our town mandates at least 7 days quarantine if we leave our county.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prontix View Post
Gunnison is the nearest town for us to buy groceries and supplies. We’re 56 miles away but now we choose to go to the next town over even though it’s 102 miles. Our town mandates at least 7 days quarantine if we leave our county.
Montrose?
Old 04-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I applaud them for taking those actions!

Maybe if other places had done the same there would not have been as many cases out there.

I live in the hardest hit area in Montana. While it pales in comparison to other places I find it ironic that occupancy rates of vacation homes and rentals spiked to record highs for this time of the year last month in our area prior to the infection numbers going up.

Other areas of the state with less vacation properties are low to non existent with the virus....

Coincidence? hmmm I think not...........
Old 04-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_minn View Post
I likened it to internment of Chinese Americans during WWII.
Chinese Americans were not interned during WWII.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Chinese Americans were not interned during WWII.

https://calisphere.org/exhibitions/5...r-ii/#overview
Old 04-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
Old 04-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Lets do that nation wide to every city.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:27 PM   #14

Apparently there is some confusion between Chinese-Americans and Japanese-Americans. Some people prejudices blind their ability to understand facts.
Closed Thread