Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Wow - Florida has gave over 500,000 more shots than Alabama has.
Population of Florida: 21.5 million
Population of Alabama: 4.9 million

Currently Alabama, like many other states is vaccinating health care, first responders, and nursing homes. Florida seemed to open the doors to all seniors.

SC is another state dragging butt getting shots in arms, now they finally opened it to everyone over 70. DH should be getting his soon, i will eventually get mine.

I've read on here how some folks who have been in the right place at the end of the day got their shot, I will go with DH when he gets his and see if I luck out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #142

How strict will the shots givers be with the age? My wife turns 65 in 6 months. I am 69. Are you required to have identification?
Old 01-13-2021, 10:57 AM   #143

Entegra Owners Club
The FL phone lottery was a joke today. Call lines were to open and noon for 1,800 vaccines. At 11:59.30 seconds on an atomic clock, I dialed the number for my auto redial app to be ready to go at noon. At 30 seconds before noon, I received the recording' Thank you for calling bla,bla,bla, all appointments have been filled.

Population of where you are has everything to do with vaccines. Currently in SW FL with the Snowbird population, there is just not enough to go around.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The FL phone lottery was a joke today. Call lines were to open and noon for 1,800 vaccines. At 11:59.30 seconds on an atomic clock, I dialed the number for my auto redial app to be ready to go at noon. At 30 seconds before noon, I received the recording' Thank you for calling bla,bla,bla, all appointments have been filled.
Population of where you are has everything to do with vaccines. Currently in SW FL with the Snowbird population, there is just not enough to go around.
Time zone??
Old 01-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #145

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Time zone??
This was in Lee County FL, we are all in the same time zone.

There is already talk they are going to change the signup system as the phone lottery is not working well. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
This was in Lee County FL, we are all in the same time zone.

There is already talk they are going to change the signup system as the phone lottery is not working well. We will just have to wait and see.
Alabama tried a phone system and was a total cluster-failure (not the word I would use, but I can't say that here). They now say it will be weeks before a portal will be up and running. But today there was unannounced vaccine clinic where shots were giving at the Mobile Cruise Terminal. A local reporter was asking about it and they asked her to leave. Something crooked is going on.

https://www.wkrg.com/news-5-investig...uise-terminal/
Old 01-14-2021, 12:26 AM   #147

A good friend is a nurse and was offered the vaccine. Nervous about being one of the first, she declined. Subsequently she went back to get it and was told she had her chance and was placed at the back of the line. And this was at the hospital where she worked..

Is anyone starting to feel like a second class citizen yet?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:42 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
Is anyone starting to feel like a second class citizen yet?
That would be us in Minnesota, where we either didn't get enough doses or they haven't finished vaccinating government employees and friends of health care industries. We'll start 1B people "soon."

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 01-14-2021, 05:32 AM   #149

I won the Florida phone lottery and got my vaccination on Tuesday here in Lee County.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:21 AM   #150

Latest information for Lorain county, OH which is just west of Cleveland:

The week of Jan. 19: Ohioans 80 years of age and older.

The week of Jan. 25: Ohioans 75 years of age and older; those with severe congenital or developmental disorders.

The week of Feb. 1: Ohioans 70 years of age and older; employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models.

The week of Feb. 8: Ohioans 65 years of age and older.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
Old 01-14-2021, 06:23 AM   #151

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Alabama tried a phone system and was a total cluster-failure (not the word I would use, but I can't say that here). They now say it will be weeks before a portal will be up and running. But today there was unannounced vaccine clinic where shots were giving at the Mobile Cruise Terminal. A local reporter was asking about it and they asked her to leave. Something crooked is going on.

https://www.wkrg.com/news-5-investig...uise-terminal/
Lee Co FL officials announce on the news last night the phone lottery is causing more frustration and complaint calls than getting people vaccinated. For every 1 person that got through, 30,000 did not. Until there is a better system, or the Snowbirds leave, the numbers don't match....vaccines vs people. With the number of people, I really don't see any other way to make appointments. Computer signup are just as bad from what I have seen reported, maybe not.

Personally I think the CDC guidelines of 75 and over should have been followed. I am not one of them, and healthy Snowbirds playing golf and tennis every morning should not be before the elderly 75 and older that are at a much higher risk, and in FL that is a lot. But I didn't make the rules, too bad the guidelines set out by the CDC were not followed.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #152

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky soldier View Post
I won the Florida phone lottery and got my vaccination on Tuesday here in Lee County.
Congratulation, I am also in the Cape. I had an auto redial app loaded and that didn't even make the cut. Cell service was so over loaded, I had the Verizon recording, "all circuits are busy" several times. Nice to see a report that someone from here got through, gives me hope.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:00 AM   #153

We are at a rally at the Tampa, FL Super Show. About a third of our group has had their first shot so progress is being made.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #154

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good to see progress in some areas. Here in Luzern County FL there is no vaccine available. The recent CDC announcement that the timing of the second shot is no critical has caused the FED and the state of florida to release the vaccine held back for second shots to be used as first shots thus making the vaccine available yesterday. Sadly the county will not have the site up until tomorrow???. It should have been there months ago. People will wait, some may die, people who know people are getting it though. The Pirates still run the Keys!
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Closed Thread