Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #29

Other than the frequency of going out to eat and an occasional movie, our lives haven't changed much. We miss church on Sundays, but can watch sermons form the church we attend in AZ.

Being retired, our income has not been affected. All of our children and families are still working, some from home. I feel for those who have lost jobs and are falling behind financially.

We have had a perfect summer here in central WI making outdoor activities more enjoyable. We still get together with a daughters family every Sunday for a meal. Each of us practice all of the safety recommendations out in public and so far no one has contacted the virus.

Our travel plans have not changed. We will head for AZ in 4 weeks by way of ID to visit a daughter. The big advantage of traveling in a MH is being able to maintain a distance from everyone. After we open up our home there, life will go on much like it has all summer, except we will have a pool to exercise in.

We have an annual Jeep gathering in UT every October which is still planned, but I'm wondering just how to keep 16 couples in their 60's and 70s safe. Out on the trails will be safe enough, but might have to limit the happy hours.

This pandemic will pass, but our life styles and precautions will be with us for years to come. Will we ever be comfortable shaking the hand of a new acquaintance or giving an old friend a hug?? We are in a new age of change and will need to adjust to new and different customs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2020, 05:34 PM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife and I have not changed anything in our lives. Do not fall for a false nerrative.
I've actually seen the real number s. Believe what you wish. [emoji851]
Old 09-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too have seen the real numbers, and here they are!

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
Old 09-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Silber View Post
My wife and I have not changed anything in our lives. Do not fall for a false nerrative.
I've actually seen the real number s. Believe what you wish. [emoji851]
Thats the biggest problem, too many people are falling for alternate facts and conspiracy theories. Is that the false narrative you're talking about?
Old 09-03-2020, 06:43 AM   #33
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Second Warning

Thread Warning

If the topic of this thread wanders again it will be closed. It is not about conspiracy theories or true/false reports. Read the title and post accordingly or don't post. Thanks to those that are posting within the guidelines.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #34

Other than being careful, and keeping away from people, our lives have not changed too much. I'm going to keep being careful till there's a vaccine, and probably only a little less so after that. My wife and I are between rigs now, and for the time being we've been doing Airbnb and enjoying that a lot. I think there will be a good bit of change some time next year. They expect a housing crash, which was going to happen anyway, but made much worse with this Covid19. I'm a landlord and may extend my holdings, or maybe get a nice Newmar Supreme Aire, which I think I would like a lot more.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The virus is not moving on. We are stuck where we are with no real relief in sight. Every time the numbers go down we are warned about the reality of them going back up as they do. Open, closed, open, closed. Masks everywhere with no change in sight. So, I am right where I was a few months ago and so is my trailer. People I talk with say I might not get the virus by traveling but I could spread it and that is worse. I really don't know and am getting close to not caring. If this is the new normal it will never be as good as it was.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #36

NEWS FLASH
The COVID-19 Virus has NOT moved on and is STILL killing folks

Reason.....'Can't Fix Stupid'
Mask up in public, don't crowd/rub shoulders, Wash your hands.
Simple------

Has 'life' as we knew it changed----------you bet
But change happens all the time.
Adapt & move on.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The virus is not moving on. We are stuck where we are with no real relief in sight. Every time the numbers go down we are warned about the reality of them going back up as they do. Open, closed, open, closed. Masks everywhere with no change in sight. So, I am right where I was a few months ago and so is my trailer. People I talk with say I might not get the virus by traveling but I could spread it and that is worse. I really don't know and am getting close to not caring. If this is the new normal it will never be as good as it was.
I am sorry to hear of your lose. I can not imagine the pain of losing both children.
Please accept my condolences.

Terry & Pat
Old 09-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #38

We do what we can, travels have been cut down, but not stopped.

Its amazing to observe folks reactions to this virus.

Not everyone is out shopping for new RV, tow vehicle, car or worried about their planned trip. Some are very concerned about feeding and housing their family.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #39

The biggest difference we have seen is that state parks are more crowded than ever. We had to make reservations every step of the way from St. Louis, MO to western Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky and back home. A Park
Ranger at Prince Gallitzin SP, PA said that they normally have a 90 -95% capacity on summer weekends, but this year it is every day and weekends are full. Seems everyone is crowded into the parks to avoid the crowds.

Tags
covid, fear, flu, sick, virus