Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Have you started ignoring COVID-19 Topics?
Too political 30 20.41%
Too much conspiracy 24 16.33%
Too argumentative 28 19.05%
Too repetitive 27 18.37%
Too much conservative slant 16 10.88%
Too much liberal slant 24 16.33%
TOO MUCH EVERYTHING! 59 40.14%
NO, Don't ignore them at all. 35 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
I dont really care what others feel about it.

The thing that ticks me off is those that feel it is ok to put others at risk and travel around the country without knowing if they are infected. Society be damned...

I tend to agree that there is no shortage of folks who think that "this wont happen to me" (and it may not), but if 40-50% of infections occur in asymptomatic individuals, they are the Typhoid Marys of coronavirus. I think *most* of those individuals would do the right thing IF THEY KNEW, but since it's still not possible for most people to get tested if they are not sick enough to seek care, these folks will try to go about their normal lives.

It's human nature to deny potential negative outcomes when a person is not invested in the outcome. If one doesn't feel sick, doesn't know anyone who has been so ill as to be hospitalized or died, it's less likely one can internalize ones role in prevention.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have found every post about COVID-19 on irv2 has the same people saying the same thing and "shouting" that they are right and everyone else is wrong. I ignore the posts and know my opinion wouldn't sway anyone one iota.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #17

Hmmmmm...is this not a Covid19 discussions thread?
Old 05-13-2020, 05:26 PM   #18

I never thought I would agree with the moderators "wisdom" of discouraging/preventing political discussion on this forum...until I looked at the current poll results.

Remarkable!

Phil
Old 05-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with every point in the survey, so I checked each one. However, I sure do not ignore(heavy, heavy check mark there) any info coming from what I think is a reliable source. I'm in that 'more susceptible' category so I try to take every precaution those same sources are recommending. Over 80K lost souls are hard to ignore.

I'm just thankful I do not have school aged children...geez! I just don't understand how they expect to keep kids safe in a crowded school environment under these circumstances ... they're mostly little social germ carriers anyway. Scary stuff.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
Old 05-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
I dont really care what others feel about it.

The thing that ticks me off is those that feel it is ok to put others at risk and travel around the country without knowing if they are infected. Society be damned...
The Bass Creek campground here in the Bitterroot Valley in Montana is said to be completely full. Mostly California license plates. We haven't had a case in our county in weeks, but that will change when the travel season begins. The time for Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho residents to really take sheltering in place( if they believe that's the appropriate action) seriously begins now and absent a cure or treatment, it will probably continue throughout the travel season.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #21

I have developed the practice of using authoritative sites for my information. So when I want information about Clovid 19 I go to my state’s site. Right now I think I know everything I need to know about it. It is dangerous, probably fatal if I get it. I plan to avoid it by staying at home until treatment or vaccine becomes available.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #22

I'm scared to death of Covid! Especially in this emerging second wave or whatever it's called. I'm a high risk for Covid person and the powers that be seem to be very reluctant to roll back their recently re-opened states. Today, I had to buy new tires for my car and no one in the store was masked up or using social distancing! After, I went to the grocery store and to Walmart. I was shocked at the difference! Here (both stores) there were big signs up saying that wearing masks was mandatory. Inside, EVERYONE had a mask on. I did not see any exceptions! Made me feel really good, but this should be mandatory everywhere including the tire store! Anyway, I sure liked what I saw at the big stores!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
the grocery store and to Walmart. I was shocked at the difference! Here (both stores) there were big signs up saying that wearing masks was mandatory. Inside, EVERYONE had a mask on. I did not see any exceptions!
Grocery store and Walmart employees have died prior to the mask requirements. Some stores may not make masks a requirement until they are negatively affected. Why must people die before they do the right thing?

Stay safe and healthy!
Old 06-26-2020, 12:03 AM   #24

Quote:
I'm scared to death of Covid! Especially in this emerging second wave or whatever it's called. I'm a high risk for Covid person and the powers that be seem to be very reluctant to roll back their recently re-opened states. Today, I had to buy new tires for my car and no one in the store was masked up or using social distancing! After, I went to the grocery store and to Walmart. I was shocked at the difference! Here (both stores) there were big signs up saying that wearing masks was mandatory. Inside, EVERYONE had a mask on. I did not see any exceptions! Made me feel really good, but this should be mandatory everywhere including the tire store! Anyway, I sure liked what I saw at the big stores!
I can not imagine living with that kind of fear. I am really sorry for you tommar. Yesterday took the DW to the Doctor, nothing covid related. Anyway one of the first things the Doc asked was how we felt about masks. Long story short all the masks went by the way side. We were with the Doc for close to a hour.

Today I made a visit to my local Farm Service Agency. Before I left I had shaken hands with 2 of the people working there. Not a mask to be seen in the building. Tonight I administered driving test to three different people all total strangers, I took cash from all three. It did not seem to bother any of us that we were closer than six feet in a closed compartment for over thirty minutes and we did not wipe down any surfaces, wear mask, or take any other precautions.

Will I catch covid from any of this? Certainly it is possible but I am not going to worry about it. I have a much better chance of something happening to me when I am working cows in about ten days. I found out today that my help is going to be in a wedding next week so I moved working cows out just a little farther so an injury would not mess up a wedding. The odds are much great that someone may get run over by a cow than getting covid. Yet I doubt anyone is really worrying about that either.

I am happy that you feel really good when you see people wearing mask. But mandatory? Are you really sure that it is helpful? You do know about the OSHA study on wearing mask correct?

If you feel this way about mask why did you not go to a different tire store? That is what we are doing, I do not have to give my business to stores that are mandating masks. Plenty that are happy to take my money and happy to see my face. Costco no longer has any of our business for that very reason.

I am probably considered in the high risk group, mid sixties ex-smoker
and have been exposed to asbestos, round-up and who knows what else over the years.

So please do not tell me to wear a mask as it is not going to happen. Should be more than enough room in the world for both of us.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:42 AM   #25

Quote:
Take a close look at the mask wearers in the big stores.

Many have them under their nose, not covering it.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:19 AM   #26

Every time I go to Walmart there are several discarded masks on the parking lot

Unless you change or sterilize mask frequently there are issues

Properly worn and sterilized masks obviously stop some air born particles

The actual benefit is questionable

The increase in landfills receiving ppe has to be tremendous as are the resources producing it

Were all going to be exposed at some point in time just like the flu or cold virus
Old 06-26-2020, 06:14 AM   #27

I’m listening to an epidemiologist on TV as I type. He was asked what hotspot states needed to do. His answer: “Masks work.”
If your not around others, no big deal. Otherwise not wearing a mask when near others is helping to spread the virus and putting people out of work. We all need to do our part to get the economy moving and people back to work. Wearing a mask will help that happen.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
I’m listening to an epidemiologist on TV as I type. He was asked what hotspot states needed to do. His answer: “Masks work.”
If your not around others, no big deal. Otherwise not wearing a mask when near others is helping to spread the virus and putting people out of work. We all need to do our part to get the economy moving and people back to work. Wearing a mask will help that happen.
100% correct. If we follow the guidelines we would be much better off. Face coverings, social distancing, hand washing. These are very simple things to do but so many refuse that this will continue to get worse. 6/25/2020 CDC guidelines say if we would just wear masks in congested areas we could save 33,000 lives by Oct. What a BIG sacrifice to help save lives of those we come into contact with. I am ashamed of my fellow Americans.
Closed Thread