Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Have you started ignoring COVID-19 Topics?
Too political 30 20.41%
Too much conspiracy 24 16.33%
Too argumentative 28 19.05%
Too repetitive 27 18.37%
Too much conservative slant 16 10.88%
Too much liberal slant 24 16.33%
TOO MUCH EVERYTHING! 59 40.14%
NO, Don't ignore them at all. 35 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #43

Probably more different opinions on CV than anything that has came along recently

Doesn't help that the medical community has changed and altered many statements

Different results in different regions doesn't help cement opinions either

I don't get on the threads often due to the touchy feely nature of many that frequent them

Best to let the folks that think one way alone and go on living my life as I see it
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #44

This is what has probably turned off many people:

"No, you don't need to wear a mask, they are not very effective."
"Everyone should definitely wear a mask. In fact, it is now mandatory that you wear a mask."

"If you wear a mask, you don't need to also social distance." No, wait, you need to do both."

"The virus can last days on certain surfaces so you must disinfect everything you touch." "No, the virus doesn't last long on surfaces. No need to wear gloves and disinfect your groceries, etc."

"Millions will die if we don't do this or if we do that." "The projected deaths will be much fewer than originally predicted." "Well, that just proves that we didn't do this or we did do that."

"The death rate will be much higher than now." "The death rate is now much lower than predicted and the number of deaths is declining."

"Those over 80 have a very high risk of dying from Covid if they get it and the risk goes up even higher if they have underlying conditions."

"You must admit those with Covid to nursing homes because that will free up hospital beds. And, you cannot test incoming patients for the virus or even ask them if they have it or have certain symptoms or the state will suspend your nursing home license."

"It is ok to open up liquor stores, tattoo parlors and lotto sales, but not barber shops and churches."

"Mass protests with people not wearing masks or social distancing is not only ok buy necessary." "Political gatherings or protests of the 'other side' are not ok without masks & social distancing."

Ok, ignore the last one. Next thing you know, I will be talking back to the TV.

All of the above does not mean that I will stop listening to medical authorities. Who else would you listen to? They must work with changing data, imperfect data, and incomplete data. Bless them.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc1470 View Post
I asked why you did not go to a different tire store if you were so bothered. Still wonder why you did not do that.
Because I ordered my tires online. It was not until I got to the tire store that I saw that the sales people, the store manager, and some customers were not wearing masks. FYI, I called that store later and pointed out that the Mayor and also the County head honcho made mask-wearing saying "Oh, we're going to put one up!..." He also said "our tire installers can't wear masks because it's too hot!" This excuse is most likely valid and there's probably an exception in the executive orders from the city regarding that. However, when I asked why he and the sales people who just work in the store were not wearing masks, it was just blub blub blub.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc1470 View Post
Yes I am aware of the claimed purpose of the mask. Thank you for pointing it out though. Maybe check out these links on OSHA standards and what it appears that mask may do.

https://youtu.be/MxaY28cS5QQ

https://youtu.be/ibnExOcaFjg

Still think mask are for everyone?
This was just YouTube stuff from people who are NOT scientists and experts. If this was as dire as the videos (and you) say, then the nurses, doctors, technicians in the hospitals would be dropping like flies! So yes, I still believe that masks are for everyone. I concede that the experts have had conflicting and erronious messaging on Covid-19 including masks. Was probably due to mistakes and...
Old 06-28-2020, 12:31 PM   #47

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our proud military personnel accept much more than wearing a mask to keep us free. IMO- the least we can do is wear a face covering when in public to help keep more of us alive in order to be free. Wearing of face coverings should not be seen as any type of a political statement. Get over it and let's beat this virus and move forward.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Thumbs up

Excellently stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Our proud military personnel accept much more than wearing a mask to keep us free. IMO- the least we can do is wear a face covering when in public to help keep more of us alive in order to be free. Wearing of face coverings should not be seen as any type of a political statement. Get over it and let's beat this virus and move forward.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 06-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
I dont really care what others feel about it.

The thing that ticks me off is those that feel it is ok to put others at risk and travel around the country without knowing if they are infected. Society be damned...
Get ticked off.

But you have no idea whether your kids or neighbors just infected you...or a trip to the grocery store.

Travelling around the country has nothing to do with catching or spreading....its how you interact whereever you are or go.

Your philosophy is what is totally incorrect about the pandemic.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:52 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Our proud military personnel accept much more than wearing a mask to keep us free. ...
I am proud of my 10 years in the USN. You will have to explain your logic for me wearing a mask.

In the navy and many times as civilian I have used PPE. I was trained how to use it effectively for my own personal protection. I knew when I needed a face shield, a full face mask, or a forced air mask.

There were alway varying level of supervision when PPE was being used. If I was supervising the job was important. If I turned around and the commanding officer and doctor were behind me it was serious. The chaplain was on call.

When I wear a mask for covid-19 it is to protect other.

Friday I entered a building that was recently opened. The governor issues an order requiring masks. I came prepared with my own mask but staff were handing out masks.

There was a sign that said only families could use the elevator together. This resulted in a line. In two groups waiting were adult males who were the only ones in the family not wearing a mask.

What appeared to be unarmed uniformed security personnel tried to to give the men masks. Each replied that they had one in the pocket and proceeded to get on the elevator.

When it was finally my turn to get on the elevator a young woman wearing her mask as a bracelet asked to join me. I said no.

So while mask are not effective when being used by the untrained, I do not think is a significant loss of freedom.

Even in the USN there were responsible and effective ways to protect your freedoms.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #51

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
You will have to explain your logic for me wearing a mask.
It is my right not to explain my logic. Either it is obvious or you will not understand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-28-2020, 11:59 PM   #52

Here's an excellent article by the Univ. of Nevada on masks, etc.:

https://www.unlv.edu/news/article/fe...fjOpHs9jCm5Z-w
Old 06-29-2020, 12:30 AM   #53

If you looked at statistic's that showed that a group (A) of 19,969,408 people died in a known period of time and you looked at another statistic that showed another group (B) of people in the same time frame only suffered a loss of 500,882 who would you be more concerned about and why? It can be proven that group A was not wearing mask and group B may or may not have. What would you suggest to change the numbers?
Old 06-29-2020, 12:44 AM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would say that if the people in group A were not smart enough to wear a mask as suggested and at times required in a world wide pandemic, we cleaned up the gene pool a little. They had the freedom of choice and they made it.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:17 AM   #55

Except that the utility of the mask lies mostly in avoiding spreading it to others when you (knowingly or unknowingly) have it. It does less in terms of keeping you safe.

So the dumb edge of the pool is killing off people from all edges.

(But, at the same time, the correlation between wearing masks and dying loses most of its meaning, exactly because of this.)

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 06-29-2020, 03:50 AM   #56

So at first for months we were told hand to face contact was spreading the CV primary

Doctors wearing mask and nurses died in several countries but primarily China

Now mask will save us all and give the manufacturers jobs which will fill the landfills also keeping the sanitation engineers busy

Best available technology says mask might be 60% effective if they are replaced or sterilized often, worn properly and are the correct design to start with

Now we have created a new occupation of picking up the discarded mask in parking lots

Landfills are seeing a huge increase in trash as well as plastic ppe products have seen geometric increases in production and of course discarding

So we are going to wear mask forever or until Bill and Buddy get Billions of doses of vaccine sold?

Everyone is going to be exposed, how can they not?

Flattening the curve? Remember? What changed?
Closed Thread