Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Have you started ignoring COVID-19 Topics?
Too political 30 20.41%
Too much conspiracy 24 16.33%
Too argumentative 28 19.05%
Too repetitive 27 18.37%
Too much conservative slant 16 10.88%
Too much liberal slant 24 16.33%
TOO MUCH EVERYTHING! 59 40.14%
NO, Don't ignore them at all. 35 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
How Many Ignore...?

How many folks have ignored COVID-19 threads because they are:
  1. Too political
  2. Too much conspirasy
  3. Too argumentative
  4. Too repetitive
  5. Too much conservative slant
  6. Too much liberal slant
  7. TOO MUCH EVERYTHING!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #2

I have given up on participating in them on various forums, as there always seems to be one guy that feels it is all a hoax and that it is no worse than the flu, etc. Who then goes on to try to shout over everyone else. Then of course there are those that do nothing put point out mistakes that were made in managing this in retrospect, but provide no useful comments about going forward.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:45 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
How many folks have ignored COVID-19 threads because they are:
  1. Too political
  2. Too much conspirasy
  3. Too argumentative
  4. Too repetitive
  5. Too much conservative slant
  6. Too much liberal slant
  7. TOO MUCH EVERYTHING!

To be sure, it is withering to try to keep up with all of the information about COVID-19 and all of the opinions and conspiracy theories generated by it.

That said, I do believe its dangerous to automatically ignore information that doesn't fit our personal biases. We need to be skeptical, but at the same time keep asking ourselves "could it be true?". While much of the info out there is obviously bogus, to be reasonably safe we must educate ourselves and make the best decisions for ourselves but at the same time not endanger anyone else.

A tall order perhaps, but these are exceptional times requiring critical thinking and careful responses.

If you are an air traffic controller as your avatar suggests, you know exactly what I'm saying.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #4

I avoid COVID-19 threads and Constant 'news programs' covering COVID-19

Wash Your Hands!
Old 05-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I remember when this thing started it was constant bad news. So I totally stopped watching network TV news. Switched to U tube RV and 4x4 video. Last night I tried watching the local 11 o clock news. Nothing but one '19 report after another. If I hear we are alone, together, one more time I am going to puke. Seinfeld, Friends, and the rest of the sit com re runs are better than the news. Tried to watch SNL, what a joke, not working, hang it up, 10 min and done. But I have been wearing a mask to the stores and really not going many places. You know you have no life when a lock down order really doesn't change your life much.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
...but these are exceptional times requiring critical thinking and careful responses.

If you are an air traffic controller as your avatar suggests, you know exactly what I'm saying.
BINGO!
Old 05-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #7

I still read the post, watch the news. mainly to see when/where I can travel again. But because my state is in a never ending lock down I really wish I got the backyard pool, jacuzzi and pool bar when I actually had the money to pay for it.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I ignore the Facebook and other Forums on this issue. I get my info from MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NY Times and CNN.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 05-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I usually sit in the middle ground on most issues. Coming from a science background I was trained to analysis data carefully and look for bad information and techniques, etc.

What I see is lots of the sky is falling from both the left and right extreme agendas. I find it interesting to read what people from different opinions are thinking. Regardless if I disagree with them. Either way everyone is part of the process and their opinions/agenda will most likely factor into the outcome in some way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #10

Unfortunately this virus hit us right as we entered into a big political campaign, and so it became just another proxy argument for both sides. Information seldom survives emotion.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 05-11-2020, 09:09 PM   #11

It seems to me many are following party affiliations. The line was drawn years ago and no ones mind will be changed in the near future
Old 05-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It will be interesting to watch and see what happens not only in the US but world wide. Opening some things in the US depends heavily how well other countries come back on line. With our supply chains we are not an island.

Regardless of political agendas and statements either way, I think the following will be interesting to watch:

1) How many businesses that can open will open?
2) How many business that open will close back down or go broke? Will new businesses take their place?
3) Will employees come back and stay on the job?
4) Will customers come through the "door" and spend?
5) How will people allocate the money they do have? Some may spend it very differently in the future.
6) It appears that some folks may have had enough of the old business as usual, what ever that was and they may what some real changes in their lives. How does this impact the above questions?
7) Will people spend enough to keep some businesses operating?
8) How are folks in other countries going to respond? Will they even follow anyones lead?
9) Some folks see little or no risks while others will be more cautious.
10) How are people going to respond to their local, state and national political leaders?
11) How will these issues evolve and change with time?

My trusty crystal ball recently broke and I have no idea how these and other issues will play out. Just time will tell and it will be interesting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
I usually sit in the middle ground on most issues. Coming from a science background I was trained to analysis data carefully and look for bad information and techniques, etc.

What I see is lots of the sky is falling from both the left and right extreme agendas. I find it interesting to read what people from different opinions are thinking. Regardless if I disagree with them. Either way everyone is part of the process and their opinions/agenda will most likely factor into the outcome in some way
Same here,, I don't usually find myself at one extreme or the other.

For me, it's easy to see that Covid19 is not the same thing as the seasonal flu. The statistics that we get from various sources are certainly not perfect but imo, give enough information to make decisions on how I need to handle things. The statistics that I see, and the many reports from doctors/nurses we see everyday, are what influence my decisions on how to stay safe and keep the spread down.

I don't like watching the main stream news because I feel their intent is to sensationalize and at times, try to induce fear. I do like perusing these forums for entertainment, sometimes to try to help out if i can, and at times, ask for advice. This is a great place to give and receive good information about RVs. For this virus though, NO WAY! There are too many opinions (I've given many myself) that are just that, OPINIONS, and for sure, not actually reliable.

For the poll, I still hit the Covid forum, usually everyday, but it's mostly for entertainment.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I dont really care what others feel about it.

The thing that ticks me off is those that feel it is ok to put others at risk and travel around the country without knowing if they are infected. Society be damned...
Closed Thread