Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:30 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
We live out in the country, and I read a great idea posted by another RVer who also lives away from civilization, and yet helps the in town restaurants that are still open during this special time.

He and his wife go into town once in awhile in their RV to enjoy a meal to be picked up curb side. The parking lots are empty enough these days that thereís more than enough room to park nearby. This way they get to enjoy their ordered meal while itís still hot inside their rig.

Living far enough out of town, no one will deliver, and it would be cold by the time you got it home, even if you picked it up yourself.

For desert......they smile while driving back home in their RV.
Besides.....have you seen the price of gas lately?
I like this idea, good for the RV, good for the business and the couple gets a chance to get out of the house for a while, safely. Seems like a win all the way around.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #30

Our motorhome will sit until this pandemic calms down. I dont want to be the non esential clown who calls the essential tow truck driver who is out there for the essential truckers to come tow me because i just had to exercise my pile of metal during a national emergency.
Vacoaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Sounds like your stance is "It's all about ME".

Iíve started to block people who repeatedly have been making posts such as the one you quoted. Iím happier for it.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #32

For those looking for ways to exercise their rig, hereís an idea. [ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4374AC93-04EA-4C14-98BB-3DAAA4A35876-51123-00001F1DDC48989B.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	281308  
Old 04-13-2020, 08:29 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
Iíve started to block people who repeatedly have been making posts such as the one you quoted. Iím happier for it.
??????
Old 04-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
Took our rig out for an 45 minute run yesterday for the second time since the lock down was ordered in Florida.

I do not know where everyone was going but there were plenty of cars on the road in NE Florida! Maybe going to the grocery stores to stock up for Easter?

I know that it does not hurt a DP to sit, but feel that it is better to take it out for a spin and keep everything lubricated, batteries fully charged etc.

Besides that, it is just fun and it got us out of the house for a nice ride down the road!!!
OP here. I took mine out yesterday. Ran great and I also enjoyed getting out for a few minutes. Closest I got to a person was one in sitting in the passenger seat of a low slung sports car what went by me on the interstate doing at least 100mph. Defintely noticed that, with so few vehicles on the road, people are driving a lot faster.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:53 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post
??????

A few people have been repeatedly making posts which seem to be as much about agitating others as expressing their own opinion. I was pointing out that there is a blocking feature which you can access by clicking on the avatar (picture) of the offending poster, and then click on the 3 dots. Their posts will then be hidden from you, but you will have the option of seeing them if you so choose.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:47 AM   #36

Quote:
A few people have been repeatedly making posts which seem to be as much about agitating others as expressing their own opinion. I was pointing out that there is a blocking feature which you can access by clicking on the avatar (picture) of the offending poster, and then click on the 3 dots. Their posts will then be hidden from you, but you will have the option of seeing them if you so choose.
HUMMMM? You don't have an Avatar!
Old 04-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #37

Quote:
Take a chill-pill! Everyone is under stress during this pandemic. My neighbor is a good friend,and I noticed last week I'm treating him differently than 2 months ago. Now we have to get within talking distance for me to apologize to him for my actions, emails don't suffice, or convey emotion.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:32 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Take a chill-pill! Everyone is under stress during this pandemic. My neighbor is a good friend,and I noticed last week I'm treating him differently than 2 months ago. Now we have to get within talking distance for me to apologize to him for my actions, emails don't suffice, or convey emotion.

Letís seeÖ I didnít attack anyone or make snarky comments as others have done. I didnít make any false claims or go on a major rant. As far as I can tell, I wrote nothing that could be construed as offensive.
I did remind people of a feature of the forum where they keep the posts of a chosen person from showing up. This feature , which someone must have felt was needed, in no way prevents anyone from posting. It just hides the posts of whomever you choose, which can still be seen if desired by clicking on it.
I truly fail to see why you are telling me to ďTake a chill-pill!Ē
Stressful times, indeed.