Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2020, 06:56 AM   #15

Everything is in wait & see mode. Many will be reluctant to travel even when restrictions are eased.

We were hoping for an April 8th to July 20th trip. By mid March most of the trip had been planned but no reservations made. No reservations turned out to be a good thing.

Situation now is a ground stop. Not even going to speculate when our airport will be reopened so that we can get out of here. Island fever has not set in, still finding projects to do, but as time goes by the itch to hit the road is getting worse & worse.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2020, 07:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Of my nine stops two of them are closed until further notice and the rest of them have restrictions and all activities are cancelled until further notice. My stops on this trip are just for rest until we get to the campgrounds close to relatives. I am guessing that when these campgrounds open it would be semi-safe to travel again. Going through Louisiana and stopping for a few days to see my wife's relatives are the one's I am most concerned about.

If this trip does not happen I have another trip in November to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge that I hope we can take.

We're on hold for a trip to New England in the fall, after cancelling our summer trip out west.

And if you do make it to the Smokies, do let me know - Townsend is a great alternative to the traffic in G'burg/Pigeon Forge.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #17

How Will We Know When We Can Travel Again?

I have made reservations starting in June going through the July 4th weekend. Here at the Chula Vista RV resort, July 4th is already sold out.

So to answer the question, we don’t know what the future will bring and when parks will open up.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
When no one dies from Cov19...........
That will never happen. The bat is out of the box.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
Personally, I'm not making any reservations anytime soon. All you can do at this point is monitor the state guidelines for campgrounds for the state you live in or for any state you want to visit. If we get lucky, there may be some limited ability to camp come June....but I wouldn't bet on it.
Out west there are limitless places to camp on public lands. Get the Ultimate Public Campgrounds App. Most are free and others modest (e.g. County Fairgrounds).

If going to populated areas use Welcomeboondockers.com.

I interpret “home” to include my RV. We actually interface with fewer businesses and people when traveling in RV.

I ran some numbers so plan to make a habit of using a latex glove on gas pump handles. We are only using the RV toilet. And we’ll use a face cover if we need to enter anywhere with other people.

Our only scheduled stay is at Zion last week of May. Currently closed. We’ll see how that goes. Meanwhile heading out next week. Mostly dispersed camping on National Forest and BLM land, and maybe a National Forest CG if open ( closures spotty at discretion of Forest Supervisor.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:13 PM   #20

Just be careful out in remote areas boondocking. If you do get sick, it can be a long way to go to find a hospital.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:26 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We can RV travel again when people are sitting in Churches, restaurants, and sporting events. The country is on the path to economic failure. Planning a vacation is not where my mind is at. Not to mention the thousands that will die soon no matter what we do.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #22

I prefer boondocking in the desert southwest but I won't be there until people are back at work - I don't want to be seen as 'resources' by a desperate unemployed citizen(s). I had hoped to be there right now with my new ATV.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Just be careful out in remote areas boondocking. If you do get sick, it can be a long way to go to find a hospital.
Nothing changed about that. I’ve lived in Idaho 50 years,
Old 04-16-2020, 11:42 PM   #24

I think you may be able to pull it off in June if you plan it carefully. I don't think the country can keep going on lock down like this. I just feel that once it starts opening it will pick up speed. I see their plan for a phased in approach, which looks good on paper, but they can't just open and shut repeatedly. We'll have economic collapse before we get to a vaccine, it's just too far off. Part of the food chain is already failing; pork and milk etc. We're going to have to live with this virus sooner or later. Look at the lines for food. They'll open I think, but we need to be ultra careful.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Do you think it will be safer to travel when the stay at home order is lifted??? I think not. Your house will be empty and people will be free to move in.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Do you think it will be safer to travel when the stay at home order is lifted??? I think not. Your house will be empty and people will be free to move in.
You must live in a rough neighborhood.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryinID View Post
Nothing changed about that. I’ve lived in Idaho 50 years,

By the nature of the area they live in, a lot of westerners have to be more independent to get by. If I’m not wrong, the standard wisdom in an emergency is to call your neighbor first, then call 911. People thinking about visiting may not consider how remote services may be until they get in trouble.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
You must live in a rough neighborhood.
Actually he lives in a nice hood, but there are crooks everywhere, even in Beverly Hills. An RV gone for a period of time can bring out the worse in even an "honest" person. If you think the rich are not crooks, what about the inside trading that kicked off before this whole mess dropped? Oh, we call them opportunist, a nicer word for a thief.
J
Closed Thread

Tags
travel