Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #1

Hydroxychloroquine Does Surpress Covid Effects

It is now becoming Offical HCQ is an effective therapy for Coivd. Much more is coming down the pipeline. a news source for everyone.

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAq...S&ceid=US%3Aen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #2

We have some 90 plus friends in a rest home

Two tested positive and then they all did

Dic initiated basic treatment for all who wanted it which was 100%

No deaths and all made a full recovery

Didn't make the news however
Old 07-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

It would be nice if it turned out to be true, but I wouldn’t get too excited until actual clinical trials are run. Given the past results, there’s no way I’d take it.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #4

What did CNN say? They could have killed some people by constantly announcing that the drug wouldn't work and do more harm then good. Basically they politicized a drug. How low do you have to be to do that.. Don't watch CNN anymore.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
It would be nice if it turned out to be true, but I wouldn’t get too excited until actual clinical trials are run. Given the past results, there’s no way I’d take it.
Henry Ford Hospital is a leading education / treatment hospital. If they are reporting good results, you can take it to the bank. They are simply the first major institution in the US to post good results. They are backed up by major research from Italy and France among others.

Issue is, you have to start the treatment BEFORE you have 9 toes in the grave.

If you prefer to believe politicians and the media, so be it. After some politicians got on the bandwagon against it, it became exceptionally hard to run trials.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:57 PM   #6

Awesome. I'm feeling super safe now. Time to head out to a large gathering and celebrate the 4th.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
Henry Ford Hospital is a leading education / treatment hospital. If they are reporting good results, you can take it to the bank. They are simply the first major institution in the US to post good results. They are backed up by major research from Italy and France among others.

Issue is, you have to start the treatment BEFORE you have 9 toes in the grave.

If you prefer to believe politicians and the media, so be it. After some politicians got on the bandwagon against it, it became exceptionally hard to run trials.
Yah that part of it was messed up. Supposedly it had saved 4 or 5 people's lives in March and then someone mentioned it and the news turned against it. Turning against it might have caused dr's not to use it when it could have saved lives. We will never know.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #8

Fauci should be fired.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertpacu View Post
Yah that part of it was messed up. Supposedly it had saved 4 or 5 people's lives in March and then someone mentioned it and the news turned against it. Turning against it might have caused dr's not to use it when it could have saved lives. We will never know.
You really think a doctor is watching Fox or MSN and making decisions based on what he/she saw? I sure hope not.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hydroxychlorquine

If the news media would have consulted with the hundreds of Rheumatologists in the US who prescribe this drug on a daily basis they would have had their story blown out of the water. The drug has a good safety profile. A subset of patients who have certain types of heart arrhythmia should not be prescribed this drug, but for most others the drug is safe. The side effects are dosage related and for COVID 19 the dose is typically small. It may not work for everyone but if I were in early stage of disease I certainly would consider it.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
THREAD WARNING

Let’s get the thread back on track and stop the name calling.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #12

I have been taking it for my mild case of RA for 6 years with ZERO side effects. I was puzzled when it was characterized as dangerous. I have to get my eyes checked every year because there is a side effect that can happen - that right now I can’t even remember what it is...I just go to my ophthalmologist and get checked. If it turns out that it helps me not get COVID that is a bonus.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
The eye side effects are extremely rare, there can be retinal pigment epithelium changes in the macular area. This is very much linked to dose amount and is extremely rare. As a side note in over 44 years of clinical practice and checking 100’s of patients for this condition I did not see one case. I believe the literature shows a very few limited cases of patients who received higher doses then normal.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Fauci should be fired.

Yeah. The last thing you want during a pandemic is some infectious disease expert running around giving advice that will save lives.
Closed Thread