Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Hypocrisy and Confusion - LSU Football

The 600 (+/-) of us loyal LSU football fans who take our RVs and families to Baton Rouge for each LSU home football game are suddenly in the "what the heck is going on" moment in life. Months ago we all paid big monies for seat donations, game tickets and RV parking passes. This past Tuesday LSU hastily notifies all season ticket holders that proof of Covid vaccination or negative PCR test is required to enter the open air Tiger Stadium for each game this season.

Then yesterday the LSU Athletics Director on a sports radio show states that Tailgating will be "normal and wide open" for all LSU home games.

We LSU ticket and RV pass holders are suddenly wondering how tailgating with several folks for 8-12 hours is "safe" from Covid while four hours inside Tiger Stadium is "not safe"?

My head is spinning from this hypocrisy and very mixed messaging. I'm left wondering what will change next. How are forum members managing the confusion in today's world??
fagnaml is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post

My head is spinning from this hypocrisy and very mixed messaging. I'm left wondering what will change next. How are forum members managing the confusion in today's world??
Guess you just learn to adjust to rapidly changing situations!
Old 08-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #3

You're outside in a semi social distancing atmosphere when tailgating. Inside the stadium you're packed in like sardines with fans right behind you possibly yelling Covid germs your way. Most fans masking up will be wearing worthless team logo'd face gators or thin cloth masks so they not going to slow the spread.
Oregon has the same restrictions as well for Duck games. Inside it's vaxed or negative 3 day prior tests and masks. Masks off when eating or drinking. Outside it's masks where social distancing is not doable everywhere state wide.
My guess is very few will be wearing masks outside when tailgating here in Oregon. After all most fans attending are either vaxed or negative tested.

I'm just stoked that fans are allowed to go to football games in Oregon after last years no fans allowed status.
I'm vaxed and will have to wear a mask during the game but you gotta do what you gotta do these days. I find life to be less stressful the less I complain about rules and regulations. No one likes to get trampled on but at the same time is it really that big of a deal to mask up once in a while? It won't be forever so I just roll with it.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 12:01 PM   #4

Want to party in parking lot...have at it
*Personally responsibility comes into play

Want to go in the stadium and watch/participate...play by the rules
*LSU responsibility to ensure/protect all...hence the duality of outside rules and in stadium rules

Simple..vax or neg test
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #5

Oh yeah, simple, get the jab and mask up or.. mask up and showyourpapers

Easy peasy peasants.
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
You're outside in a semi social distancing atmosphere when tailgating. Inside the stadium you're packed in like sardines with fans right behind you possibly yelling Covid germs your way. Most fans masking up will be wearing worthless team logo'd face gators or thin cloth masks so they not going to slow the spread.
Oregon has the same restrictions as well for Duck games. Inside it's vaxed or negative 3 day prior tests and masks. Masks off when eating or drinking. Outside it's masks where social distancing is not doable everywhere state wide.
My guess is very few will be wearing masks outside when tailgating here in Oregon. After all most fans attending are either vaxed or negative tested.

I'm just stoked that fans are allowed to go to football games in Oregon after last years no fans allowed status.
I'm vaxed and will have to wear a mask during the game but you gotta do what you gotta do these days. I find life to be less stressful the less I complain about rules and regulations. No one likes to get trampled on but at the same time is it really that big of a deal to mask up once in a while? It won't be forever so I just roll with it.
Good post! There's certainly a difference between tailgating where a person can choose to stand out of another's personal space, versus being seated within inches of 8 other people expelling germs, possibly covid, from their yelling mouths at times.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Good post! There's certainly a difference between tailgating where a person can choose to stand out of another's personal space, versus being seated within inches of 8 other people expelling germs, possibly covid, from their yelling mouths at times.
I totally agree!
twogypsies is online now   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #8

It sounds like they are trying to prevent the football games from becoming super-spreader events. They are following a model similar to what was used at Lollapalooza in Chicago. As long as everyone that’s tailgating is also going to the game, it should work. Somehow I doubt that will be the case.
The last I heard there were a little over 200 cases of Covid tied to Lollapalooza. There were people that admitted to having symptoms the day before the concert, but chose to go anyway. You can’t fix selfish & stupid.

***For anyone in Louisiana/Mississippi now, please check the weather. There’s a hurricane headed your way.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately we're living in a time where its very difficult to determine who is telling the truth and who is just stirring the pot. There are so many who sound authoritative but if you carefully analyze what they say, how they say it, and if no actual sources are cited, chances are pretty good that its bull.

Then there are the outlandish conspiracy theories that simply have no logic, reason, or feasibility. Especially if the rant includes disparaging remarks about the government in general or specific individuals who have been doing their jobs exceptionally well for many years - Dr Fuchi for example.

In the LSU case, it just may unfortunately be that the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing. I'm not a sports fanatic myself, but considering all the ups and downs of this pandemic, it might be wise not to charge into a crowded situation unless there are clear instructions or precautions.

That might also give enough time to ensure that cooler heads are talking and that they are all on the same page.
akeagle is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 05:56 AM   #10

There does not seem to be a lot of consistency or even common sense being applied in general. I heard yesterday that the final race at Daytona this year will be with no restrictions on crowd size. So conceivably there could be 100,000 fans in the stands. And of course our dear Florida is one of the worst hotbeds for COVID currently. Current predictions are another 100K deaths by December nationwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
Unfortunately we're living in a time where its very difficult to determine who is telling the truth and who is just stirring the pot. There are so many who sound authoritative but if you carefully analyze what they say, how they say it, and if no actual sources are cited, chances are pretty good that its bull.

Then there are the outlandish conspiracy theories that simply have no logic, reason, or feasibility. Especially if the rant includes disparaging remarks about the government in general or specific individuals who have been doing their jobs exceptionally well for many years - Dr Fuchi for example.

In the LSU case, it just may unfortunately be that the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing. I'm not a sports fanatic myself, but considering all the ups and downs of this pandemic, it might be wise not to charge into a crowded situation unless there are clear instructions or precautions.

That might also give enough time to ensure that cooler heads are talking and that they are all on the same page.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 06:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

Want to go in the stadium and watch/participate...play by the rules
*LSU responsibility to ensure/protect all...hence the duality of outside rules and in stadium rules

Simple..vax or neg test
Exactly.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 07:05 AM   #12

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
There does not seem to be a lot of consistency or even common sense being applied in general. I heard yesterday that the final race at Daytona this year will be with no restrictions on crowd size. So conceivably there could be 100,000 fans in the stands. And of course our dear Florida is one of the worst hotbeds for COVID currently. Current predictions are another 100K deaths by December nationwide.
100k deaths by predictions?
Do exspurts use computer models like the weather prognosticators?
Asking for a friend
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 08:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeybitsko View Post
100k deaths by predictions?
Do exspurts use computer models like the weather prognosticators?
Asking for a friend
Yes they do. In Oregon the OHA was predicting 1075 hospitalization by Sept 6th. They've now upped it to 1197.
Whats wrong with using modeling to form a prediction in that the possible outcome can be analyzed?

Should we just sit back and ignore the weather and then wonder why our houses just got blown off the ground by a hurricane?
Should we just sit back and wonder why all of a sudden hospital beds are full and it's too late to set up more?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply
Old 08-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Exactly right!

I want to thank the OP for reminding me about events to avoid.

If you want to be 'safe' stay home and board up the windows.

I am retired and full time. The activity with the biggest risk is driving. As a general rule I avoid driving on the weekend.

The navy sent me back to college so I was a little older that my fellow students. My job was going to class. I was being paid to get an education.

I went to one big-10 football game and one basketball game.

My first born arrived the first week of class. He was hospitalized with the flu at 6 months. Mom and dad were sick too but hospital beds were for the very old and very young.

When it comes to getting sick, travel and bringing large groups of people close together is a big risk factor.

Risky behavior makes it much harder to be safe. Really nothing has changed for risk factors because of covid. Every cold and flu season the hospitals filled and old people died.

Public safety is about providing rules to manage the risk. There are lots of ways to safely enjoy an RV where personal responsibility is what reduces your risk.
Closed Thread