Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2021, 11:15 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeybitsko View Post
With a little searching I found one main ingredient in the Moderna jab,
Peg 3350. Gives a side effect that is not nice.
Quote:
I merely stated my research revealed
Information about an ingredient in one of the vaccines and it appears
You received the vaccine that can have the described side effect.
In your research did you learn that Peg 3350 is the main ingredient of MiraLax over the counter laxative? And did you learn:

Quote:
PEG 3350 also appears to have a good safety profile as per these studies, with minor adverse events that are less prevalent than with the other laxative agents, including abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, gassiness, bloating, and diarrhea. However, no neuropsychiatric side effects have been documented in these studies
Contracting Covid-19 has vastly, hugely, more disastrous consequences than a vaccine that contains a small amount of PEG 3350 which is safe enough to be sold in numerous over the counter medications.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #58

The wife and I have gotten the Moderna vaccine. We feel good and enjoy our life as we live it. My only fear would be some type of severe long term side effect to hit after a longer period of time. Hopefully in 20 years we are all healthy and nothing bad has occurred, not dealing with a vaccine meant to save the world but ended up killing it. Odds are very low of that happening.....right?
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply
Old 09-01-2021, 11:41 AM   #59

What if there were a vaccine that had life extending benefits? The Fountain of Youth in a vial. Would you take it? Have not all of the vaccines you may have received since birth already sent you down this path? Think about it!!!
Old 09-01-2021, 12:02 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Shingles Vaccine Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Shingles Vaccine was approved back in 2006 for the over 60 age group
I had a case of shingles in 2011
Shortly afterwards the FDA gave OK for 0ver 50 yr olds
After that episode I gladly looked forward to getting that vaccine

AS stated the mRNA vaccines have been around/studied/in use for decades on which the COVID Vaccine was based

Simple..........
Old-Biscuit --

A clarification is needed the Shingles vaccine info. The first shingles vaccine was named Zostavax was approved in 2006 and used "live virus" vaccine technology. The Zostavax vaccine is no longer available per CDC direction in November 2020.

The shingles vaccine the wife and I received in 2019 is the Shingrix vaccine (non-live virus technology)which was approved in 2017 for adults 50+ in age (so only two years old at the time we received it). This past July the FDA approved Shingrix for immunocompromised adults age 18+. Shingrix is a two dose vaccine.
fagnaml is offline   Reply
Old 09-01-2021, 01:01 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Yes, the more unvaccinated there are the greater the chance for virus mutations.

. . .

Hmmm . . . That’s not at all how it was explained to me. In fact, it’s exactly the opposite. The virus has no need to mutate in an unvaccinated body. It can survive as is.

In the vaccinated body it cannot survive, and thus starts to mutate until it finds survivable coding that it then attaches to other virus units that are then passed to other vaccinated and unvaccinated hosts.

At least that’s what one of my medical advisors tells me.

BTW. . . Does it not bother anyone but me that with every other disease or virus, we always are working on a treatment, then start looking at long term elimination? In this case, every time someone (doctors) say they’ve found a viable treatment, they are ridiculed and ushered away. Often to never be heard from again.

This silencing bothers me a lot!!!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply
Old 09-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #62

Quote:
Interesting, none of the many threads and topics about
The foolish and selfish people who don't get the jab, because of one reason or another,
and not ONE that I could find about the ingredients of the jabs
Side effects of the drugs in the liquid injection.
With a little searching I found one main ingredient in the Moderna jab,
Peg 3350. Gives a side effect that is not nice.
I'll just leave this here.
John strossel is not a doctor.
Giving a link to what you say could help a lot.... not "just leaving it here".

https://college.acaai.org/covid-19-v...or-clinicians/

An excerpt:

"PEG is found in a wide variety of commercial products and in over 1000 FDA-approved medicines. It's water-soluable and is used in colonoscopies, vascular skin grafts, surgical gels, household compounds and even in Miralax if you ever took it for constipation".
twogypsies is online now   Reply
Old 09-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
It seems like a common argument people make as a reason not to get the vaccine is possible side effects. I'm always puzzled by the argument because just getting out of bed in the morning contains risk.

I wonder how people would react if everything we consumed or interacted with had it's risk of use posted on a label. We as a culture have a tendency to ignore every day risks, and focus on things we have little experience with like a vaccine. I'll offer some examples:..................
I absolutely love your comparisons!!!
Old 09-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Hmmm . . . That’s not at all how it was explained to me. In fact, it’s exactly the opposite. The virus has no need to mutate in an unvaccinated body. It can survive as is.

In the vaccinated body it cannot survive, and thus starts to mutate until it finds survivable coding that it then attaches to other virus units that are then passed to other vaccinated and unvaccinated hosts.

At least that’s what one of my medical advisors tells me.

BTW. . . Does it not bother anyone but me that with every other disease or virus, we always are working on a treatment, then start looking at long term elimination? In this case, every time someone (doctors) say they’ve found a viable treatment, they are ridiculed and ushered away. Often to never be heard from again.

This silencing bothers me a lot!!!
Perhaps this can answer your question of mutation in the unvaccinated/vaccinated:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ants-heres-how

Also... to another statement you made:

Keep in mind that most 'treatments' need to be rigorously tested for that one particular symptom before it's considered effective and safe. If it was deemed OK years ago for treating something else that doesn't mean it's safe for a completely different issue.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Giving a link to what you say could help a lot.... not "just leaving it here".

https://college.acaai.org/covid-19-v...or-clinicians/

An excerpt:

"PEG is found in a wide variety of commercial products and in over 1000 FDA-approved medicines. It's water-soluable and is used in colonoscopies, vascular skin grafts, surgical gels, household compounds and even in Miralax if you ever took it for constipation".
I sincerely apologize for being dead wrong.
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply
Old 09-01-2021, 02:10 PM   #66

As the OP I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this conversation. The people I agree with, the people I don't agree with and even the people I'm not sure if we agree or not. It's good to talk things thru.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply
Old 09-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #67
Community Administrator

With that , we’ll close this one.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply
Closed Thread