Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I have friends who entered today. They were directed to a National Guard Armory immediately at the state line and had to take a test. Was cleared to enter after 15 minutes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2020, 10:56 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
Are you one of those folks who, when someone mentions a TV show, wrinkles their nose and says "Well, we don't watch much tv" ?
No actually I feel a little ignorant. Nearly everyone I know references tv shows I’ve never heard of in conversation. But I can’t help it - I’m allergic to the crap that gets broadcast to the television machines. I watch DVD series and now some series on ROKU (although I’m still not sure what it is) like British crime series and Masterpiece Theater. Other than that I’m not interested. I read a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Realize that pretty much all parks in Maine (and most of New England) close Columbus Day, which means you must leave that day. Many in Maine are closed by October 1. Don't go without reservations. That way you know for sure the park is open and you have a space in one of the few open ones which will be full of leafpeepers.
Fortunately I have friends and family there and I’ve spent enough time in the area to know what to avoid. I learned my lesson the hard way about the end of the season several years ago. I was in NH a couple miles from the ME border 8 or 9 times for several weeks at a time over about a year and a half in 2017-2018 and then again a couple times in 2019, and I still haven’t managed to get in any leaf peeping. It’s one of my life long goals to be a born again leaf peeper! I also have a 1957 Lyman restoration project waiting for me there, so I’ll have plenty to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
I have friends who entered today. They were directed to a National Guard Armory immediately at the state line and had to take a test. Was cleared to enter after 15 minutes.
That could be a plus. When I got tested it took 8 or 9 days to get my results.

Wintering in NH a couple years ago (member https://www.sevenlakessnowmobileclub.com/)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91DBC49E-2D2F-46F5-8BF9-4207349E017A.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	297612  
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #31

Travelling

Has anyone travelled into New England, specifically MA.? How serious is MA about their COVID 19 guidelines? They say visitors, from high risk areas, need to fill out a form and quarantine for 14 days. If the form isn't filled out it could be a $500/day fine. Does anyone know how this is enforced? Does anyone have any suggestions? If we plan to be there for 4 days how does one quarantine for 14 days?
Agilitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:53 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilitydog View Post
Has anyone travelled into New England, specifically MA.? How serious is MA about their COVID 19 guidelines? They say visitors, from high risk areas, need to fill out a form and quarantine for 14 days. If the form isn't filled out it could be a $500/day fine. Does anyone know how this is enforced? Does anyone have any suggestions? If we plan to be there for 4 days how does one quarantine for 14 days?
You should look up the requirements for MA. If they will accept a recent Covid 19 test that will be the quickest way to get legal. We did that for going into ME.

All parks we have been to in ME are very diligent about getting the required form signed so they will be covered if they are checked. You don't have to prove to the park that you are legal, so do what you think is right.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #33

We finally decided to bag it until next year, and canceled the trip. Too many details, too many hurdles to clear. Maine will still be there next June. The biggest issue was dealing with advance testing vs. quarantine. It is all but impossible to get pre-travel testing in PA; extremely difficult at best. And I wasn't about to hitch up the trailer and tow it 600 miles in order to get a test there so we could enjoy our vacation. There were some other factors as well, all of which added up to canceling.

Thanks to everyone for your input and suggestions.

Roger
Old 08-21-2020, 04:20 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I understand completely Im still going but I can hang out in NH with family (and my projects there) get tested if necessary, and then move on the Me. So I’m still going.

One of my NH projects:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	59945690-9649-4FEA-AF09-8D7FAF7ABE61.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	298120   Click image for larger version

Name:	B1431B7E-242F-44F8-83A0-C96FF4AD79E1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	298121  

Name:	0BEA651A-344B-4877-AE0E-FFAA2FA0C4E4.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	298122  
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:23 PM   #35

RonLC, We are heading up to Maine in a few weeks. We have reservations to stay at The Moorings and Shore Hills. I read you were just there. Were you happy with both of those locations? Secondly, we will be heading across from VT to Bar Harbor area first, and the Trip Wizard map has us on US 2 East. Have you driven across US 2 in your RV? Of course we will double-check the RV GPS before we decide, but I was just curious on anybody else's experience on this route.
4Relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:05 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Relaxn View Post
RonLC, We are heading up to Maine in a few weeks. We have reservations to stay at The Moorings and Shore Hills. I read you were just there. Were you happy with both of those locations? Secondly, we will be heading across from VT to Bar Harbor area first, and the Trip Wizard map has us on US 2 East. Have you driven across US 2 in your RV? Of course we will double-check the RV GPS before we decide, but I was just curious on anybody else's experience on this route.
We really like both places. I have reviews/tips in Campground Reviews, the one Trip Wizard uses, under the name Geodoc. Much lobster was one of our goals on this trip. At the Moorings there is a lobster pound named Young's just down the road. In Booth Bay the gourmet grocery store (Pinkham's) three miles toward town has a very large selection of live ones that they will steam free for you to take back to the campground. They make great sandwiches to go also. Downtown Booth Bay Harbor lobster restaurants, especially the Lobster Wharf, cater to clueless tourists, IMHO. Several years ago we piloted our boat from Galveston to Booth Bay Harbor. We spent a month docked at Brown's Wharf. The next generation of owners are now running the place. When we were there we ate in their restaurant several times. It was closed last month but may be open now.

We crossed from Burlington, VT to the Portland area, went up to Eastport and then down to York Harbor on the way back so we did not do Highway 2. It is a US highway so it should be fine.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Relaxn View Post
Did the US 2 trip several (like 18) years ago, pre-RV. You go through some small towns with turns, but I don't remember anything that would be impossible. And it is a US route. Also don't remember our exact route through VT; on that trip we traveled up I-91, but don't think we went as far as US 2. My memory says we got off before that and took other routes northeast to catch US 2.

Shore Hills is great, never stayed at the other one. In Boothbay Harbor, try the Boothbay Lobster Wharf on the east side of the harbor.

Roger

Tags
travel