Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2020, 11:47 AM   #1

My experience - Getting out, Opening up

DW and I headed out Tuesday for 3 nights at at KOA near Orlando about an hour from home. I was a little apprehensive but our plan was to use a couple of the bike trails in the area with particular attention being paid to using our recently purchased bike dog trailer with our Golden Doodle puppy "Daisy". This plan would allow easy social distancing and we didn't plan to interact with anybody else anyway.

Our first trail was pretty lengthy but most of the trail was a sidewalk along a fairly busy highway. I was a little disappointed but it was a good test for Daisy. She did well but I could tell she really didn't like it. DW and I both have ebikes and I hardly noticed the dog trailer behind me. We did 13 miles on that trail.

The next day we did several of the bike trails in Celebration Station. CB is a Disney planned community, absolutely beautiful place and not a thing out of place or house not perfectly painted and lawn not perfectly manicured. We did 7 miles in CB and upon returning to our car we decided to walk around the town center a bit. The place was not busy but there were people out shopping and eating at outdoor restaurants.

It was lunch time so we decided to try one of the restaurants with an outdoor seating area. Since we had Daisy, now on a leash, outdoor seating was the only way we were going to get anything to eat or drink. We found a place with only one other couple occupying a table. So we put on our masks and ask the greeter if we could eat outside with our dog. She welcomed us and sat us as far away from the other outdoor couple as she could. The greeter was wearing a mask as well as the waiter who attended to us. I noticed all the wait staff was also wearing plastic gloves.

Soon after our drinks came, the other outdoor couple left leaving us the only ones eating outside. We removed our masks, enjoyed our drinks with lunch and otherwise had a very pleasant time. I felt the restaurant staff was very cognizant about the requirement to wear masks and never saw them without it on. I left a 35% tip and truly enjoyed our first restaurant meal since Feb.

Our experience is in stark contrast to what the news media is showing on TV around the nation. I don't doubt their reporting is accurate but it doesn't tell the whole story.

We are leaving in late July for western NY, MI, WI, IA, and KS. Most everywhere except Kansas City is rural. I'm a little worried about the predicted resurgence but living in fear is not my way of dealing with this. Sensible precautions are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200527_161315608.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	287584  
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #2

If you believe in WHO they have new mask guidance:

"For healthy people, wear a mask only when caring for a COVID patient."
https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...w-to-use-masks

So all this HS about wearing masks is now cancelled.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #3

That’s outdated. The link says April 6.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
That’s outdated. The link says April 6.
Actually, on the opening page it gives a date of 2019.

CDC recommends otherwise. Read the whole article; not the videos.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:51 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our little dog LOVES riding in her bike trailer !
Old 05-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Our little dog LOVES riding in her bike trailer !
I hope Daisy will too. Better than being in her dog cage on the coach.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
Old 05-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Dogs and bike trailers, must always be a fun time for them. Treats and plenty of stops.

Glad you had a great time as most people will. The news media is looking for one thing and they will look till they find it. You are not it.

I am lucky that I live where people come from all over to vacation. I'll be able to walk Newport and Balboa island where it's cool this summer, mask and all.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Actually, on the opening page it gives a date of 2019.

CDC recommends otherwise. Read the whole article; not the videos.

[ATTACH]

This is the page on PPE to which I was referring. In any case, it’s outdated. They need to update their website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	287606  
Old 05-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Here we go again. There’s a topic here and we’re way off it. ( see post #1).

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 05-30-2020, 03:45 PM   #10

We're leaving tomorrow for an open-ended trip out of Florida. Alabama, Georgia, and the Carolinas are open for camping. Virginia is not yet and Maine (our hopeful destination by first of August) has a self quarantine requirement that hopefully will be updated 2 months from now.

It's a different world, but still do-able.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #11

Glad you, dw, and Daisy were able to get out and have a good time together.

Like you, dw and I choose to not live in fear but be prudent in our activities to avoid situations that would leave us unreasonably exposed to the virus.

DW will retire in a month and then we will begin to hit the road with our two dogs.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:35 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
Glad you, dw, and Daisy were able to get out and have a good time together.

Like you, dw and I choose to not live in fear but be prudent in our activities to avoid situations that would leave us unreasonably exposed to the virus.

DW will retire in a month and then we will begin to hit the road with our two dogs.
Keywords: prudent and reasonable.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyG View Post
Keywords: prudent and reasonable.

I am going to be really p****d if I wash hands, wear a mask and social distance then be struck by lightning or a falling tree!
Old 05-30-2020, 08:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
I am going to be really p****d if I wash hands, wear a mask and social distance then be struck by lightning or a falling tree!
Was working in my grandparents garden in Norwalk when heat lighting hit a tree 25 feet way. Not a cloud in the sky.

With any luck, in August I will be in a tsunami evacuation zone.
Closed Thread