RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2020, 06:45 AM   #1

New Walmart ruling

It's about time.
https://www.localsyr.com/health/coro...d-19-pandemic/

Lynn

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2020, 06:57 AM   #2

Just one more reason to go to Dollar General, No Restrictions

W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #3

Good for them. Glad to see the one way aisles and better flow management in the store. glad they are adjusting and staying open to help supply everyone. Love them or hate them in these times be glad we have someone with this type of logistics in your neighborhood.

Enjoy the journey
Old 04-04-2020, 07:03 AM   #4

Yup, head for the crowded small stores ?????
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Just one more reason to go to Dollar General, No Restrictions
Your response makes no sense. Are you implying that it was wrong for Walmart to take safety precautions? Or that you're more in favor of smaller stores where you will be more likely to be near an infected person?
Old 04-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #6

I passed the Dollar General yesterday, 23 cars out front, narrow isles, that many shoppers plus employees, didn't stop
FMCA #F456868 NKK #23023
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
While I understand the reasoning, what are the customers doing while waiting their turn? If I had to guess I'd say they're congregating around the entrance making sure nobody gets their place in line.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
While I understand the reasoning, what are the customers doing while waiting their turn? If I had to guess I'd say they're congregating around the entrance making sure nobody gets their place in line.
Our local Walmart initiated the Tuesday 6 AM early hours program for age 60 and above. I decided to give it a try the other day and arrived about 10 minutes before 6. The line of people went from the grocery entrance all the way across the front of the store to the garden center entrance. People weren't standing elbow to elbow but most were definitely closer than 6 feet from each other. Needless to say, I didn't stop and drove straight back home.

Imo, Walmart's intentions are good but the reality is that this one idea is probably making things worse.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #9

If only they could speed up their cashiers.

Self checkout seems to finally work, I have seen places trying it since the 90's only to disappear after awhile.

Spoiled by Aldis checkout
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Our local Walmart initiated the Tuesday 6 AM early hours program for age 60 and above. I decided to give it a try the other day and arrived about 10 minutes before 6. The line of people went from the grocery entrance all the way across the front of the store to the garden center entrance. People weren't standing elbow to elbow but most were definitely closer than 6 feet from each other. Needless to say, I didn't stop and drove straight back home.

Imo, Walmart's intentions are good but the reality is that this one idea is probably making things worse.
In our area people are taking extended families into Walmart and having family reunions in the aisles. Maybe an overstatement but it is happening a lot. The stores are packed from opening to closing and social distancing cant be maintained. I'm glad they are doing this and the fact they opened a second checkout stand.
sanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
In Manhattan KS at 7:15 am this morning there were about 100 people in line in 35 degree weather. I bailed and when to a grocery store instead. Worth the extra 20% cost for the groceries at Dillions to not mess with it.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #12

Costco has done this correctly, IMO.

They limit the number of customers in the store like Walmart, but have a great outside line-up system. All the carts are sanitized by employees and you take a cart before you get in a single file line. Once in line, the cart, plus a small gap, creates at least 6 feet between those in line. As you approach the entrance, pallets have been set up in a Disneyland type maze forcing only single-file movements into the store. A sign posted at the entrance tells you which high demand items are out of stock and which are in stock.

Once inside, the aisles are wide, store is uncrowded, and the the high demand items are moved to easily accessed locations. Check out lines are marked a 6 foot intervals and the conveyor belts are wiped down after each customer's items have been removed.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Your response makes no sense. Are you implying that it was wrong for Walmart to take safety precautions? Or that you're more in favor of smaller stores where you will be more likely to be near an infected person?
His response make perfect sense. He has the right to choose, and he has chosen. WalMart has the right to choose, and they have chosen as well. Now, you chose, but it is rather presumptuous and impolite to criticize someone for their choices. We all recognize we will reap the fruits of those choices, whatever they may be.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
Good for them. Glad to see the one way aisles and better flow management in the store.

Enjoy the journey
One way isles will drive my DW to distraction , I've shopped with her for many years and she has the hummingbird approach to shopping , no matter how many times she's been in a particular store she changes direction three times in every aisle , and her favorite saying as we enter any store is " You know I left my list at home ..... that's ok I can remember what's on it. "

I have to go now and change my user name and access codes, so she never sees this post .