Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2020, 10:51 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
NM RV Parks Restricted to 25%

A new executive order by the governor seems to say that RV parks are restricted to 25%. I have reservations in ABQ for 6 days starting May 31st and then Santa Fe for 30 days starting June 6th.

Does anyone have a different "read" on the executive order? See www.visitalbuquerque.org/covid-19-traveler-information/

I've sent emails to the 2 RV parks to see if they have a different understanding or a plan if these restrictions remain in place for our arrival.

OH BOY! LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2020, 11:07 PM   #2

Will be interesting to see how parks interpret this:

Hotels, motels, RV parks, and other places of lodging shall not operate at more than 25 percent of maximum occupancy.

There are two possibilities... Is it 25% of your available RV spots/Hotel rooms. Or 25% of the maximum number of people who could occupy your RV Spots/Hotel Rooms. I certainly know which way I would want to interpret it if it was my business. I think most Legal Eagles would look at occupancy load from the number of people... Hotels are probably easier to judge then RV parks as they will have a defined number of people, I am not sure an RV park will have a designated max capacity.

2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P / 2015 Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #3

we came thru NM in early May on our way home. we stayed at the ALBQ KOA for 2-nites. when i made the reservation they told me they were restricted to 25% max occupancy but they added most nites they didn’t come close to reaching that limit. i assumed the 25%?was based on sites, not people as we were not asked how many were in our party. rest areas were open (1 near Tucumcari was closed for construction), truck stops and gas stations were open, traffic was light.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Will be interesting to see how parks interpret this:

Hotels, motels, RV parks, and other places of lodging shall not operate at more than 25 percent of maximum occupancy.

There are two possibilities... Is it 25% of your available RV spots/Hotel rooms. Or 25% of the maximum number of people who could occupy your RV Spots/Hotel Rooms. I certainly know which way I would want to interpret it if it was my business. I think most Legal Eagles would look at occupancy load from the number of people... Hotels are probably easier to judge then RV parks as they will have a defined number of people, I am not sure an RV park will have a designated max capacity.
Unfortunately, most RV parks do not have the financial resources to hire legal eagles to defend themselves if they are closed because they rented 26 sites in a 100 site park. Limiting occupancy to 25% in lunacy. It won't save the park (what business operates with a 75% profit margin?) it will just draw out their ultimate demise. Obviously this is a rule created by people who have never set foot in an RV Park. No where in an RV park are people forced to congregate, unlike a lobby or breakfast area in a hotel. "It just keeps getting more and more absurd each day." - Elton John, performer and Bernie Taupin, lyricist
kcdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:21 AM   #5

This is such a joke. No risk in an RV park. Fight back people. And remember Wisconsin supreme court ruled against the Governor so we have hope.
pogoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
A new executive order by the governor seems to say that RV parks are restricted to 25%.
[snip]
Does anyone have a different "read" on the executive order? See www.visitalbuquerque.org/covid-19-traveler-information/
This is not new. In fact, the website you linked to says "Current restrictions, as of May 13, 2020 are as follows." Not "new restrictions."

The limit on places of lodging started on March 19, at 50% occupancy.

https://www.governor.state.nm.us/wp-...ED_DOH_PHO.pdf

Effective April 7, it was reduced to 25%.

https://cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/u...H-PHO-4_6-.pdf

That limit of 25% has been extended a couple of times, including the current extension through May 31. They've been operating with these restrictions for two months now.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #7

Now that things are beginning to reopen, it's possible they will bump that up to 50% if there aren't spikes in infections. Reopening will likely be done in a cautious manner.

If the OP already has reservations, call the various parks to see if they can accommodate you within the restrictions they now have.
Donskiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:33 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Hopefully it will open up a bit. We are heading that way in 6 weeks or so.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I would feel safer in an RV Park with 100% occupancy then a local grocery store. You can stay near your rig and limit contact with other people and far exceed any 6' rule. Once in your RV it is home and social distancing doesn't matter.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I would feel safer in an RV Park with 100% occupancy then a local grocery store. You can stay near your rig and limit contact with other people and far exceed any 6' rule. Once in your RV it is home and social distancing doesn't matter.
People are not using any common sense when it comes to this health crisis.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
The idea that everyone will act like you do is wishful thinking. Oregon had to close dispersed camping because too many people were not packing it out. The forestry dept lacked the man power to keep up with the mess.
The public will always need to be baby sat.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #12

New Mexico's cases are rising right now.

If you stay in your RV you're safe but most who would go to a RV park would touch many surfaces including the office/store - if open; restrooms for sure; doors; even the picnic table and hookup area from the previous occupant. Most people want to travel and sitesee now. They will not be sitting in their RV. What fun is that?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #13

50% would make more sense if you are trying to space people out. This would leave every second site open, and leave 20 to 30 feet between campers. 25% would have 60 to 100 foot spacing. This seem a bit excessive. Its going to be hard enough for some of these business models to survive.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:49 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
At our park in Santa Fe I was told that since we are on a 30 day stay we were considered as self quarantine and that didn't count against there 25% limit. Take that for what it is worth.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park