Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2020, 08:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Depending upon what day it was (since she is at almost all the briefings) what Dr Brix said was that several jurisdictions were not reporting so all the numbers could be UNDER reported. And if IIRC she also said something about she was not sure they were sorting out the deaths correctly, there could be some flu deaths included. That was a while ago, and I suspect they have gotten that under control by now. Today’s discussion was trying to sort out the ethnicity of the numbers and that the weekend numbers are not always correct, but then the Monday numbers are high so it gets worked out in the long run.
Don't read what she said watch the video and see her say it. She seemed proud of it. If a patient tests positive and dies they are listed as covid 19 death.
no mater what the cause of death was.

Go watch the video.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
So if a person has asthma, gets COVID-19, then dies while actively infected the death should be labeled from asthma? Of course not! The death would appropriately have pneumonia resulting from COVID-19 on the certificate because that was the proximal cause. Dr. Birx stated the same thing that has been done for as long as we could determine causes of death. Oh, and this is the same way deaths from flu are handled. Some people and organizations will do anything to minimize this disaster because it makes some leadership look bad.
This is spot on. The fact that Birx felt the need to make this announcement indicates there may have been a discussion to sway from the established norms. Many of us have Co-morbidity's, but we still go on to lead a full rich life. But when your tested as with this virus, those co-morbidity's then compound to bring you down. What has become apparent is that the number one contributing co-morbidity is hypertension. And the main contributor to hypertension is obesity, which is endemic in the U.S. The truth is obesity is a strike against you with almost all health issues. There is some good news, the American public, by and large, has done a good job with social distancing and the situation appears to be improving, or at least slowing.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
Like lead, I think the decision has come down that no amount of mercury is good in infants. I don't think it is a chance people want to take. Since the CDC and other entities are woefully underfunded, I doubt they take on a study just for grins.

I would rather not die in an over crowded, over worked hospital, alone, breathing my last breath as if my lungs were made of paper. If that is how you want to go, I hear Boris Johnson is seeing visitors.

You would think medicine and reason in this country would have come a ways since WWI. Guess by looking at the stuff posted on this website, I'm wrong on at least one.

But too many people today discount science.
The science behind things like lead and mercury is complicated as is the regulatory process. The CDC is tasked with monitoring environmental pollutants among other things. They have been doing it for many years.

You do not have to depend on the scientifically illiterate press for information.

If the instruction in my living will are followed I will not be dying on a ventilator. DW wife had the same stipulations. It was based on our experiences of watching family fading away.

The was talking about ventilators in a news conference today and how many were in reserve and the percent being used by non-covis patients.

With all the hoopla about ventilators, do we have any idea how many they help.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:11 AM   #32

I guess its a conspiracy maybe no one is dying from covid. Thankyou for that useful information i guess we can open up the world now and have a party.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:26 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Sorry, I should have spelled it out to include the patient also being C-19 positive.

Recall the recent story of a pregnant Louisiana mother infected with C-19 who went into premature labor and delivered a baby at 21 weeks. The baby died the next day and was listed as a C-19 death even though it tested negative for C-19. The baby would have died anyway.
Amazing how facts often get in the way of a great story. Sheesh.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #34

I think it is amazing that emotional people let their emotions get in the way of facts regarding CV

The media is still stirring up many and great computer people or medical people shouldn't determine the economic future of each state

Each individual has to be accountable and respectful
Old 04-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
Fox news ... need I say more?
Fox news is the closest to the correct than most any other source. If you're watching CNN or CNBC you're really in the dark about what is going on.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
Fox news ... need I say more?
Really ? So your not used to real news ?
Old 04-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg495 View Post
Fox news is the closest to the correct than most any other source. If you're watching CNN or CNBC you're really in the dark about what is going on.
That could easily be debated.

How long did it take Fox News to stop calling the pandemic fake news and start actually acknowledging that there was a problem? There were on-air personalities putting out some false and dangerous information after it became apparent to most thinking people that a problem was brewing. I'm not saying that they are any worse than any other network. Quite the opposite, they are just like the others which all have issues.

My advice, don't watch or read only one news outlet. They ALL have a bias. Some are more in-your-face than others, but they ALL have a bias or slant. Pick three or four news outlets to monitor, and then use your common sense to try and balance out the various things you read/hear/see.

It's really amazing to me that in just the past few years there has been this sudden growth in mistrust. Mistrust of news, mistrust of agencies which were traditionally not political such as NIH or CDC, and mistrust of our friends or neighbors who have a different viewpoint or opinion.

People with a differing viewpoint or opinion are not the problem right now - the problem is a virus that doesn't give a flying flip who anyone is or what they think.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
Old 04-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg495 View Post
Exactly. A lot of people get there 'news' from morning joe on the Hate America channel :(
Old 04-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #39

Facts matter.

Fox News did not accept the full seriousness of the pandemic for weeks after it was apparent to most countries, most other news outlets, and most other thinking people. Fox News continued to try and deflect the focus by blaming liberals, blaming Democrats, accusing people of trying to re-impeach the president, and in general denying there was a problem at all. They diminished the opinions of medical experts warning that action should be taken, and in general contributed to the US response being slower and less potent than it could have been.

It wasn't until mid-March that Fox News got on board with the reality of the situation. By then, thousands of Americans were infected and the number of dead was approaching 100. Rather than report the news based on the facts, they continued to be a cheering squad supporting a political opinion they favored, and they didn't begin to report the truth until the politician they supported changed his tune.

Don't even begin to say that Fox News is a bastion of truth, honesty, or fact-based news. They are not.

Again, I'm not saying that other news outlets are fully accurate or without fault. They all have bias and they all slant the news to fit their agenda. But just because Fox News claims to be the truth doesn't make it so.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
Old 04-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
snip

It's really amazing to me that in just the past few years there has been this sudden growth in mistrust. Mistrust of news, mistrust of agencies which were traditionally not political such as NIH or CDC, and mistrust of our friends or neighbors who have a different viewpoint or opinion.

snip

Sad but true.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
Old 04-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #41
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
THREAD CLOSED.

We have asked in many of the threads in the COVID-19 forum that politics not be introduced. We have had to delete many posts, some with member suspensions. As a result this thread has closed
Closed Thread