RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 05:24 AM   #1

NY 14 day quarantine

We are leaving (hopefully) on July 26 and will be traveling through Arkansas, MO, IL WI, IN, KY, TN, NC, NJ, then up to Maine.
I am not sure what changes will be in store for us and was wondering if the 14 day quarantine in NY to travelers from TX would apply as we will not have been in TX for several weeks. Is the 14 day quarantine to be at a camp ground?

Anyone know if the roads crossing the state borders are guarded?

I realize that things will probably change between now and July 26.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2020, 05:36 AM   #2

I live in NY and am guessing that NY has no idea how to enforce the requirement, if it really is legally enforceable nor has worked out details such as the ones you pose... the what if's!
Be aware that the last I heard Maine has the same requirement with an exception that if you could produce a negative test result done within 72 hrs you were exempt from the quarantine rule.
Sounds reasonable until you think about the details of that... what if your travel to Maine takes 2-3 days? How do you get a test done, get results, get to Maine all within the 72 hrs.
We live in interesting times

Old 06-26-2020, 05:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
...Sounds reasonable until you think about the details of that... what if your travel to Maine takes 2-3 days? How do you get a test done, get results, get to Maine all within the 72 hrs.
We live in interesting times
not to mention that a negative test on Monday does not mean you couldnít get infected on Tuesday. faulty logic.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewebb View Post
We are leaving (hopefully) on July 26 and will be traveling through Arkansas, MO, IL WI, IN, KY, TN, NC, NJ, then up to Maine.
I am not sure what changes will be in store for us and was wondering if the 14 day quarantine in NY to travelers from TX would apply as we will not have been in TX for several weeks. Is the 14 day quarantine to be at a camp ground?
I was wondering the same thing, in reverse. We live in western NY, 350 miles from NYC, and want to visit our kids in TX. We haven't been there since November, and would have already made one trip by now if it weren't for this virus.

Nothing useful to add; just watching the discussion.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #5

Quarantine or not, the smart thing for any RVer to do would be to really stock up on supplies to minimize contact with people.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I received an email from a campground in Wells, Me. on Wed. of this week, where we had reservations for later this summer, but had previously cancelled due to C-19, etc., etc., etc.,......

It was informing me that ALL arrivals other than documented Maine,New Hampshire, or Vermont residents, you would be required to self-quarintine in place for 14 days, or the length of your stay if less than 14 days.. Apparently a statewide requirement now, and not just for folks coming from one of the "hot spot" states. Posted here:

SEA-VU CAMPGROUND
PO BOX 67, 1733 POST RD
WELLS, ME 04090
Phone: 207-646-7732

23 Jun 2020

Good Morning Everyone

You have an upcoming reservation scheduled for Sea-Vu Campground. Because of the COVID 19 pandemic that we are presently experiencing and regulations imposed by the State of Maine the following protocols are being observed by Sea-Vu Campground:

At the present time if you are from a state other than Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont, when you arrive you will be expected to:

- Complete a "Keep Maine Healthy - Cerificate of Compliance for Maine Visitors" which will attest to the following for all adults in your party as well as any children traveling with you under the age of 18.

- That you will quarantine on the campground for a period of 14 days or the length of your stay if it is for a shorter period of time

OR

_ Have completed a negative COVID 19 test within the 72 hours.

In addition there will be NO visiting guests allowed. We know that this is a departure from the norm here at Sea-Vu but we are trying to follow all directives issued by the State of Maine.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewebb View Post

I wonder if you would save receipts for your travels in the different states rather than your home in Texas, if that would help if questioned. You could then prove you haven't been in Texas.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanzKran View Post
We live in western NY, 350 miles from NYC, and want to visit our kids in TX. We haven't been there since November, and would have already made one trip by now if it weren't for this virus.
You may want to rethink family reunions for a while. That's how my manager's son contracted covid -- via family.

Plus, TX is seeing record numbers of new cases.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:13 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK,, I'll stay out of New York cuz I can make it, anywhere,,, and not going to Texas,,,, cuz alllll my ex's live in Texas. LOL
Old 06-27-2020, 07:04 AM   #10

Just another reason to not visit the area this year unless you have to. My travels will be to areas with a lot less people. Keeping exposure to the minimum. Good luck with you travels. Safe travels to all.

Enjoy the journey
Old 06-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
I received an email from a campground in Wells, Me. on Wed. of this week, where we had reservations for later this summer, but had previously cancelled due to C-19, etc., etc., etc.,......

It was informing me that ALL arrivals other than documented Maine,New Hampshire, or Vermont residents, you would be required to self-quarintine in place for 14 days, or the length of your stay if less than 14 days
That is correct, and it's important to keep checking to see if anything has changed. I've included a link and quoted "boldened" some important details as of today (June 27)

https://www.mainetourism.com/travel-resources-covid-19/

Beginning June 26th, visitors from all other states may come to Maine and stay in commercial lodging establishments if they EITHER:

quarantine for 14 days in Maine at a commercial lodging establishment (or the length of the stay if less than 14 days)
OR

sign a Certificate of Compliance stating that they have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours before arriving in Maine, that they will quarantine in Maine for 14 days, or that they have already completed their quarantine in Maine.

For those who do quarantine, those regulations remain the same:

Beginning June 26th, out-of-state visitors may quarantine in commercial lodging establishments for 14 days. During the quarantine, visitors cannot go to places with other people like restaurants, stores, and grocery stores, or pick up take-out. A lodging establishment may arrange for take-out, delivery, or grocery services for the visitors.

Visitors can leave their hotel room or campsite during these 14 days but only for limited outdoor activities such as hiking as long as they are not around other people.

Visitors can come to Maine and quarantine for the length of their stay if it is less than 14 days

That means bring all food and supplies you may need for the quarantine period (should you not have a negative test to certify). No dining out or getting take out AT ALL. No shopping AT ALL. No indoor tourist activities. No outdoor tourist activities that involve groups (think whale watching boat tours, lighthouse tours, etc.)
Old 06-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #12

I have a question? what if you're Boondocking in the wilderness, anywhere in the Northeast.? Do you still have to "check-in" with someone?

If you're on BLM land, what are there requirements?
Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
I have a question? what if you're Boondocking in the wilderness, anywhere in the Northeast.? Do you still have to "check-in" with someone?

If you're on BLM land, what are there requirements?
Every state and community will have its own rules as will the various public agencies like BLM or national forest, national park, state park etc. I would ask the proper source at the time you'll be there. Things are changing too quickly for everyone here to know the answers.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #14

OP asked about NY and entities mentioned BLM, National Parks dont apply in NY. Only one small Nat Forest that I'm aware of.
NY has been morecresyrictive in State Parks thsn private so bestbto check frequently as ot changes frequently and directives are not particularly clear which leads to s lot of confusion.

Closed Thread