Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #1

One year anniversary

Well.... it was exactly one year ago today DW and I tested positive for COVID. We were both fairly sick but were able to recover at home with lots of Tylenol. I got the Johnson vaccine about a month ago but DW is dragging her heals. I’m trying my best to talk her in to it but she is afraid of getting sick again. Our BIL died from CIVID a few weeks after getting vaccinated.
MO Fred is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #2

Sorry about your brother-in-law. Did he get the required two vaccinations? If not, he wasn't fully vaccinated. It takes two weeks after the second vaccination to build up enough protection (immunity) so a person could still get Covid just before his first vaccination until two weeks after the second.

Sure hope your wife gets the vaccination. It's really a no brainer.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #3

Get the shot, only slows you a little for a evening, next day you never know you got it.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply
Old 07-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #4

Fred, my condolences of the loss of your Brother In Law. I'm sure he's greatly missed.

Pictures of data might help convince your DW that waiting longer is not in her favor if traveling to a number of popular destination areas (i.e. places RVers might go)... The CDC released its most recent "Community Profile Report" on 9 July. Look at the maps and it becomes clear that there significant increases in infection rates, hospitalizations, and ICU/ventilator patients in a growing number of locales, and to a large extent, overlays the locales with the lowest vaccination rates. Link below.

https://healthdata.gov/download/gqxm...lication%2Fpdf

The fear of a bad day or two because of the vaccine pales in comparison to a day or two in ICU, on a ventilator (even if you recover). "Maybe" feeling under the weather for a day is better than certainly feeling sick (or worse) from C-19.

Closing pitch - for those who might be more unsure than fearful, consider getting vaccinated as part of a community effort to minimize available transmission hosts to those folks who cannot receive the vaccine. People on immunosupressants, who are receiving treatments for cancer or other diseases, they don't need Covid, but they can't take the shot. If you can take it but aren't sure it will help you, do it for those who can't.

A couple months ago I said "it ain't over." It's not, but we can help minimize the impact with vaccination.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #5

So sorry for your loss Fred. Your BIL might have made it if he had got the second shot. The second shot increases your immunity by a factor of 10. The second shot is really important. Hospitalization's are climbing again due to this Delta variant which is 10 times more infectious than the original. I hope your DW will reconsider.
Col. Klink is offline   Reply
Old 07-15-2021, 08:49 PM   #6

I wouldn’t get the vaccine if I already recovered from the disease. Natural immunity is the best defense, an untested non fda approved injection is not.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply
Old 07-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massparanoia View Post
I wouldn’t get the vaccine if I already recovered from the disease. Natural immunity is the best defense, an untested non fda approved injection is not.
My boss had Covid in June, 2020. And again in November, 2020, that hospitalized him where he was 'next in line' for a ventilator. Ultimately he did not die and is still recovering.

Reinfection is possible.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:39 PM   #8

My wife was hesitant. Talked to her docs. She is immune compromised with a lot of health issues. Because of that they advised her to get it. She wants to travel while she still can. She weighed things out on her own and decided she would not fare well if she got it. She got her maderna shot. Ran a fever and felt like flu 2 days and is happy she got it with the Delta out there. She feels like Delta would do her in. The docs told her with her health issues, her vaccination protection would not be as good as a healthy person. But definitely help. That made her want it more. Good luck with your wife. Hope she does it. We have a month long rv trip coming up. Stay safe out there everyone!
frank1018 is offline   Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 07:26 PM   #9

TAKE THE VACCINE.

I was hesitant to take it but now I am happy I did
Four months and happy about it.
PABO05 is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 02:08 PM   #10

First of all, my condolences MO. Im sorry to hear about your BIL and I can totally understand your DW's hesitations. Unfortunately we are in a rock and a hard place. I know Im going to get poo for saying this, but lets face it, the choices are take your chances with the vaccine which has at least been tested to be "probably" safe and can "probably" spare you and others vs take your chances getting/spreading covid which is the REAL wildcard. On top of that, every day that you hesitate is another day you are vulnerable. Nice pep talk right? Seriously though, I understand the anxiety 100%. I wish we had better options.
Bearstream1 is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 04:56 PM   #11

Just a few minutes ago, on the news, they said this delta variant is like a whole new disease. Where someone with original covid would infect an average of 2-3, someone with this variant will infect 8-9 people. And that makes it a practical impossibility to avoid. Cases are rising dramatically. It appears our country is entering an even more serious phase. Just when we thought we we're over the hump.
Col. Klink is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 09:38 PM   #12

Article by ER Doctor....interesting read
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/er...?ocid=msedgntp
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply
Old 07-31-2021, 06:44 AM   #13

OP here.... I am a firm believer that if you have not yet had the virus and have not been vaccinated, you WILL eventually get COVID-19. DW still has not been vaccinated after already having the virus. According to what I have read, it is extremely rare to get it a second time but I got vaccinated anyway for extra insurance. Just need to convince DW.
MO Fred is offline   Reply
Old 07-31-2021, 01:43 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
A week ago, DW had a blood pressure issue - she's fine - but we did end up at the ER here in Melbourne, Fl. The ER doc said they were very busy with the unvaxed and approaching their compacity. We are both fully vaxed, but are concerned what the next week might bring with the visit. Delta has a much stronger rate of infection than Alfa...

Last night we lost a close classmate in Titusville due to Covid...two days and she was gone. This Delta variant is some bad crap folks, get the JAB!

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply
Closed Thread