Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2020, 08:17 AM   #15

...science was created by "humans;" humans are not perfect; so neither is science. The young and the healthy will have to take some risks to feed and protect us, and maintain our modern society....the more vulnerable among us will have to stay home [according to the science] and hope for the best. These are the simple "facts" --IMHO of course.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If Oregon and the other states that are opening up get wiped out by the virus I guess we'll know where we are headed.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
...science was created by "humans;" humans are not perfect; so neither is science. The young and the healthy will have to take some risks to feed and protect us, and maintain our modern society....the more vulnerable among us will have to stay home [according to the science] and hope for the best. These are the simple "facts" --IMHO of course.....
Of course, there's a balance that needs to be found. It's a debate that needs to be had and reasonable people can disagree about the best approach, but disregarding policies put in place to protect public safety should not be among the remedies. Then again, I'm one who thinks the rights of society as a whole are greater than the rights of the individual, and that seems to be unpopular in certain circles.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:26 AM   #18

….apparently a Star Trek fan too--Mr. Spock would be proud!....so if I understand correctly, the "few" will have to risk going to work to feed and take care of the "many" while the "many" sit home and hope--interesting concept?
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #19

You live in a dream world.
Everybody I know has never missed a day of work the past 6 months.
Loggers are cutting trees across the country as usual . Truckers are hauling the logs to the pulp mills in citys like Palatka Florida to make YOUR TOILET PAPER AND OTHER PAPER PRODUCTS 24/7
Cabage, Kale, potatoes are being planted, harvested daily in places like Hastings and Bunnell Florida and trucked to NYCity and else where.24/7
Truck stops are and have been open.
Farmers are feeding, managing livestock so that YOU CAN EAT.
nurses, Drs have worked daily.
We have two nuses and two pharmacist in our immediate family.
The rest are farmers, truckers, Ranchers.
Our 4 children and spouses have not missed a day of work.
Neither have our 11 grandchildren.

About 75 percent of Americans ARE essential and have been working.
Maybe 20 to25 are non essential and some of those have become arm chair Bullies telling Everyone else how to live.

If your non essential Nobody is making you EAT.
If you dont eat you wont need Toilet paper, gas, fuel, electricity , water ,

Im so tired of so much Negative Talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If Oregon and the other states that are opening up get wiped out by the virus I guess we'll know where we are headed.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
You live in a dream world.
Everybody I know has never missed a day of work the past 6 months.
Loggers are cutting trees across the country as usual . Truckers are hauling the logs to the pulp mills in citys like Palatka Florida to make YOUR TOILET PAPER AND OTHER PAPER PRODUCTS 24/7
Cabage, Kale, potatoes are being planted, harvested daily in places like Hastings and Bunnell Florida and trucked to NYCity and else where.24/7
Truck stops are and have been open.
Farmers are feeding, managing livestock so that YOU CAN EAT.
nurses, Drs have worked daily.
We have two nuses and two pharmacist in our immediate family.
The rest are farmers, truckers, Ranchers.
Our 4 children and spouses have not missed a day of work.
Neither have our 11 grandchildren.

About 75 percent of Americans ARE essential and have been working.
Maybe 20 to25 are non essential and some of those have become arm chair Bullies telling Everyone else how to live.

If your non essential Nobody is making you EAT.
If you dont eat you wont need Toilet paper, gas, fuel, electricity , water ,

Im so tired of so much Negative Talk.
Good post....the virus is here and there is nothing in the world that can change that. That sounds callous and it is to an extent, No country in the world yet has found a way to defeat a virus...and I do not believe science will suddenly pull a rabbit out of the hat. In the meantime no country will let itself fall for the few...We once again will learn not to take life for granted.

I now have a young granddaughter who is the apple of my eye, and will do most anything to assure she has a path to a good life...living in fear is no life for any human.
EyezOpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:44 PM   #21

Sure, just let everyone make their own rules and obey only the laws they agree with. That'll work.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyezOpen View Post
Good post....the virus is here and there is nothing in the world that can change that. That sounds callous and it is to an extent, No country in the world yet has found a way to defeat a virus...and I do not believe science will suddenly pull a rabbit out of the hat. In the meantime no country will let itself fall for the few...We once again will learn not to take life for granted.

I now have a young granddaughter who is the apple of my eye, and will do most anything to assure she has a path to a good life...living in fear is no life for any human.
Absolutely! And the terrorists have been shamed by a virus accomplishing what they have been trying to do for decades - make Americans fearful to live a free life.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #23

And whom are you refering to ?
Specifically what statement, statements are you specifically addressing ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
Sure, just let everyone make their own rules and obey only the laws they agree with. That'll work.
Or are you just quoting a ( talking point )
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It's hard for me to imagine the entire country without one theater, restaurant, theme park, sporting event, church, or any other business that requires close contact. But that's where we are and have been now for a few weeks. RV use and travel isn't even close to what has been lost at home. Always with the hope that we will get back to normal soon, people are ready to risk it. I don't have to if I don't want to and no one else does. If your state opens up and you don't agree, then stock up and stay home. From what I have seen, the virus numbers should spike in a week or two. If they don't then perhaps the worst is over for now. Even s a small increase in the numbers could be a victory. Once they open it will be very hard to close them again without the aid of uniforms. The 2nd aid package the house has passed has no chance of passing the senate. Without opening up, tens of millions will soon be out of money and that won't be pretty.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Silber View Post
Fight back ! Go out and open your shops. Don't be the sheep.
[emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji231]
Your gonna get flamed but I actually agree with you.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:

Yep, you won't be the sheep but you might be the Guinea Pigs. I agree with you. You really won't know what will happen till you do it. There will be some risk but there will always be some risk.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #27

Quote:

Yeah! Get out there and risk your lives so I won’t be inconvenienced. If you don’t, I’ll call you names. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:06 PM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It's about personal choice in life. Some people take risks and others condemn people for taking them. Lets trade all our freedoms for security, or the security someone gives us.