Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2021, 05:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
Pendleton is a brand of whiskey. ...... Drinking whiskey doesn’t spread viruses.

A concert isn’t a job for the paying customers, so there are no drug tests or safety training classes required for the attendees.
Pendleton is a small town in eastern Oregon famous for the woolen mills and rodeo. Old west manly stuff!

Hood River Distillery re-bottles imported Canadian Whiskey under various brand names. I have an empty on my boat, bought it in the state liquor store Hermiston. Have frequented the state liquor store in Pendleton. Bought something with an almost famous name from the south seas. The famous one and the cheaper one were bottled in the same town in Minnesota.

Go figure!

The reason for the reality check is that people live in Pendleton. Some work at the prison. One is a nurse there. She helped me do CPR for 40 minutes.

If you are infected with covid you could be spreading a virus. You could be drinking beer, wikskey, or water.

You made my point nicely paying customers. Ten thousand packed in a rodeo ring not thinking about safety.

What could go wrong?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #16

^^^You've grossly misinterpreted my words if you believe that I’ve made any point that you may have been attempting to make.

I have a number of Pendleton shirts, and a bottle of Pendleton Whiskey in the cabinet. Here’s a screenshot that may clarify which entity is the main sponsor of the event. It isn’t just a music festival, in Pendleton, where people drink whiskey.

People could just as easily “not think about safety” at a movie theater, a mall, a grocery store, church choir rehearsal or a wedding. Do those activities meet your approval?

The festival was not a prohibited event. You claim to not want a “lock down” while at the same time you seem to be suggesting that people should not be allowed to gather outside for a music festival. So, what is it? Locked down or not locked down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F656288B-DC7E-44B0-8B78-9070538DD790.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	338869  
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply
Old 08-08-2021, 07:25 PM   #17

Wink

Quote:
..... So, what is it? Locked down or not locked down?
No lockdown!

My orginal point was that news articles are focusing on covid at events. I think there are other things more risky than covid.

Last year I noticed at one point that in Oregon traffic accidents deaths were down more than covid deaths were up. Might the governor lockdown the state forever for our own good. It would be a good time to suspend elections too.

Absurd? Governors were telling little old ladies not to sing church. If one of the founding principle of our constitution goes by the wayside, what is next.

To put it another way, we may not agree on sex drugs and rock and roll but I will defend your right to disagree.

Correct me if I am wrong, I think Thomas Jefferson said that, or was it Jefferson airplane?

I was in one of the first states to lock down because of Mardi Gras. We were fixing the porch of 92 year old woman. She was very angry when she could not sing in the choir.

On what basis?

Some members of a choir got covid.

However, association is not causation.

There could be a scientific basis for restricting freedoms to protect health.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Pendleton is a brand of whiskey. Obviously, they are the main sponsor of the music festival. It would be a safe bet to say that any music festival, regardless of the sponsor, would provide ample opportunity for participants to consume alcohol and drugs. Drinking whiskey doesn’t spread viruses.

Those who are afraid of large crowds, or who don’t care to be around people who may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, should avoid putting themselves in such situations.

A concert isn’t a job for the paying customers, so there are no drug tests or safety training classes required for the attendees.
Alcohol and recreational drug use tends to lower inhibitions, and folks who are more commonly reserved will be screaming, shouting, hoopin' and hollerin', singing along as loud as they can, cheer, whistle, etc.

Those ARE the things that spread respiratory illnesses, along with coughing and sneezing... Booze and drugs make it more likely for folks to engage in those behaviors, and more vociferously than they might otherwise. The longer a person is exposed to those things, and the closer the contact to persons engaging in those behaviors, the greater the risk.

As I said above, being in an outdoor crowd is somewhat less risky than being in an indoor crowd, but it's no assurance that you won't get sick.

Since the other event/concert/festival work I do tends to put me out in the middle of the crowd, you can bet your bippy that I'm wearing an N95 mask. I've got a few thousand people around me who are (hopefully) having a good time... and since I don't have a choice to remove myself, I'm wearing an N95 mask, indoors or out, I'm going to try and keep distance between myself and others ESPECIALLY when I can't wear a mask (like when eating), and pay attention to hand hygiene. I don't expect most members of the public to engage in rigorous infection control, although they should. The way to keep working is to stay uninfected, and that's why Tom Cruise had his tirade a few months ago.

The key to economic productivity is having both a healthy workforce and healthy consumers.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #19

Did anyone go that shindig at Martha's Vinyard, looks like a real hoot
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 06:33 PM   #20

This actually makes me sick to look at it. I see death in that crowd.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...palooza-crowds
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #21

Maybe they know something we (the public) don’t?

Why is it they can always be seen not wearing masks and not following social guidelines?

Maybe they don’t watch tv? Maybe they control the message?

Makes one wonder.. I have a cabinet with a couple things that are affective against this wonder infection.. not worried one bit and not afraid of crowds either...if someone tells you to wear a face mask and it not a n95 then they are wrong also.. if it wasn’t for shedding or leaking maybe the variant wouldn’t be around?

Again makes one wonder..
Old 08-09-2021, 09:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Alcohol and recreational drug use tends to lower inhibitions, and folks who are more commonly reserved will be screaming, shouting, hoopin' and hollerin', singing along as loud as they can, cheer, whistle, etc.

Those ARE the things that spread respiratory illnesses, along with coughing and sneezing... Booze and drugs make it more likely for folks to engage in those behaviors, and more vociferously than they might otherwise. The longer a person is exposed to those things, and the closer the contact to persons engaging in those behaviors, the greater the risk.

As I said above, being in an outdoor crowd is somewhat less risky than being in an indoor crowd, but it's no assurance that you won't get sick.

Since the other event/concert/festival work I do tends to put me out in the middle of the crowd, you can bet your bippy that I'm wearing an N95 mask. I've got a few thousand people around me who are (hopefully) having a good time... and since I don't have a choice to remove myself, I'm wearing an N95 mask, indoors or out, I'm going to try and keep distance between myself and others ESPECIALLY when I can't wear a mask (like when eating), and pay attention to hand hygiene. I don't expect most members of the public to engage in rigorous infection control, although they should. The way to keep working is to stay uninfected, and that's why Tom Cruise had his tirade a few months ago.

The key to economic productivity is having both a healthy workforce and healthy consumers.
Are you wearing an N95 respirator or a KN95 mask? Two different types of PPE as I’m sure you’re aware.

How are these events healthy for the consumer if the workforce needs to wear PPE to remain safe.

I’ve worked with Tom Cruise. He’s a bit unhinged. His behavior, in the episode that you mentioned, is nothing short of inappropriate in the workplace. Had anyone below the line exhibited such behavior, they would have been shown the door.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 10:43 PM   #23

I’m still wondering what happened to natural immunity ? Had Covid and been around other that had it... not sure what the problem is after one has had it... everyone has forgotten about the natural part that has been around for ... well as long as man has.. there is also treatments that actually work that will keep it at bay and can be treated after one has contracted it..

Anyone seen a lupus patient with Covid? Think on that one.. why not? They are on meds that prevent them from getting it and another one that cuts the hospital down by up to 70 percent... maybe they big party goers they are not wearing the masks and make rules against everyone already have taken them or have a natural immunity? Hmmm makes one wonder
Old 08-09-2021, 11:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrvr View Post
Anyone seen a lupus patient with Covid? Think on that one.. why not? They are on meds that prevent them from getting it and another one that cuts the hospital down by up to 70 percent...
You don't know if anyone that has lupus got Covid.

What medications are you talking about?
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2021, 06:32 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
This actually makes me sick to look at it. I see death in that crowd.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...palooza-crowds
What part makes you sick?
The hypocrisy?
Get back in line peasant.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
You don't know if anyone that has lupus got Covid.

What medications are you talking about?

Hydroxychloroquine

Ivermectin is used and seems to be the best after or even before you catch it.. 12-15mg for 4 days..

Had my worker get it when they wanted to put him on a breathing machine.. 4 days and he was up and moving around .. read up on it. No need for anything deemed emergency use... ivermectin has be show no side effects

I also want to add that I dont have a Tv... 6 Corporations own most of the news outlets..So think about that also.. people are getting fed everyday from the same trough through different stations.. ever wonder why the news programming is the same if you chang news stations mid stream?

Cut the mind altering boob tube and get away from their programming.. I understand fear (look what its doing to the country). Everyone is gripped to their tv for the latest...

Pm me if ou want more info.. Dont want to mis direct the topic...

Anyway they had a Garth Brooks concert here in Las Vegas... Filled up the Stadium with Thousands and it took about 3 hours to get them out from the traffic... Some left there uber cars and walked lol..

I have been to 4 hockey games for the play offs to a filled crowd.. We had a blast and all the screaming and cheering... Having had covid ..Not worried at all..
Old 08-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #27

All good points, but NOBODY gonna believe you.
We get our medical advice from msm they're the real medical experts ,they don't have any reason to lie :/s
Old 08-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeybitsko View Post
What part makes you sick?
The hypocrisy?
Get back in line peasant.
Mickey, Maybe I am wrong, but I think you may be referencing the Big Birthday bash from this past weekend. Concerning multiple big names, a lot of whom likely make, made, and/or enforce policies/laws applied to us folks (including likely C19 ones related to this discussion).

Apparently these party people know something we don't (wink wink), as they dance and drink in close proximity without masks (vaccinations maybe for some in the crowd, but factually unknown). While drinking likely went on (and I confess I drank at my 60th party consisting of the DW and I), I am sure there were no drugs at this one. As you probably know, WH reporters when questioned on CNN explained this all as overblown since these partiers are way more sophisticated (as compared to others I guess that means you have more immunity).

twogypsies POST -Makes me sick, I see Dead People- was about the big LalaPalooza crowds.

Other big (unsophisticated) party crowd concerns in the news include the Sturgis motorcycle rally (Dr Fauci has called this one out specifically to watch out for).

Be careful out there.

Tags
door, outdoor, vent