Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer711 View Post
San Luis Obispo county parks are closed: https://reservations.slocountyparks.com/

State Parks in our county are closed. See Reserve California. https://reservecalifornia.com/Califo...vailabity.aspx

I cannot speak for all California State Parks but in my county, they are closed. It is a safe bet anywhere that is currently in the "Stay at home orders" part of California (most all of it) will have closed camping.

We are in a world of hurt from Covid hospitalizations in California and please abide by the rules. We can beat this thing!
I've noticed the state beaches here in Huntington Beach California that allow overnight camping are no longer allowing that. You can drive a motorhome in for the day, but you can't stay overnight. Mainly Bolsa Chica State Beach, where they had several parking lots where you could camp overnight, and the City Beach parking lot.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Masks only work until its safe to take them off and you itch your nose.

Think about it, do you come out if the store, remove your mask, and go about your loading the groceries ?

Did you sanitize your hands right after removing your mask ?

Do you touch your face or brush back your hair while driving ?
Not to mention the disposable part of masks is thrown out the window. Reusing a face mask is disgusting how much other things the bacteria bags are collecting.

Basically, everyone will get covid eventually since it is a SARespiratory Syndrome-COV2 otherwise called a bird flu.

Don't fear death, love life!
gator398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator398 View Post
Not to mention the disposable part of masks is thrown out the window. Reusing a face mask is disgusting how much other things the bacteria bags are collecting.

Basically, everyone will get covid eventually since it is a SARespiratory Syndrome-COV2 otherwise called a bird flu.

Don't fear death, love life!
COVID is not bird flu!

From Medline Plus:

"Most of the people who get bird flu have had close contact with infected birds or with surfaces that have been contaminated by the birds' saliva, mucous, or droppings. It is also possible to get it by breathing in droplets or dust that contain the virus. Rarely, the virus has spread from one person to another. It may also be possible to catch bird flu by eating poultry or eggs that are not well cooked."
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #284

The most useful tool you have to help save from you COVID is between your ears.
If it’s not working stay at home until it is.
Bluefella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:59 PM   #285

CA parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer711 View Post
San Luis Obispo county parks are closed: https://reservations.slocountyparks.com/

State Parks in our county are closed. See Reserve California. https://reservecalifornia.com/Califo...vailabity.aspx

I cannot speak for all California State Parks but in my county, they are closed. It is a safe bet anywhere that is currently in the "Stay at home orders" part of California (most all of it) will have closed camping.

We are in a world of hurt from Covid hospitalizations in California and please abide by the rules. We can beat this thing!

We are staying in the parking lot of French Laundry. The virus does not live there
MAADVenture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:14 PM   #286

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAADVenture View Post
We are staying in the parking lot of French Laundry. The virus does not live there

There are some spaces left at Newsom Vineyards, but they’ve been crowded since May.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:53 AM   #287

A fair statement, I know it's hard to talk with your nose & mouth covered but it prevents us from spreading or catching C19
bunlacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:10 PM   #288
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Thread Reminder

Please keep the posts to Park Closure information so members can quickly access it without wading through other discussions. Thanks to all those that are providing that information.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #289

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I hope it's not going to happen again. Has anyone hears of campgrounds closing do to delta.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #290

Thanks for keeping this sub forum open. It has been quite a while since anyone has posted updated information.

I hope to travel west in a couple of weeks pulling a travel trailer. We expect to take I-40 from Nashville to Los Angels. We normally stay in primitive campgrounds, boondock, as well as State, Federal, and of course, private RV campgrounds. If anyone could shed light of the availability of these facilities I would appreciate it. I am concerned that with the Delta variant surge that many of these may be closed.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:46 AM   #291

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yep, we have at least another 40+ nights in 12 states an about 3k miles before the year ends. And, still thinking about Nov and dec.

Last time around we were in MN when they lead the way on closing things.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:12 AM   #292

Oregon

We are currently traveling in Oregon. We stay at private parks in general. The state has masking requirements for indoors, but I haven't seen anything about parks closing due to Covid restrictions. I think that some of the information about Covid spread has helped identify that outdoors and social distancing is unlikely to cause the spread. Therefore parks will probably stay open. Just be sure you have a masks for indoor activities.
Mike_Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #293

Thank you Mike.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:46 PM   #294

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Cathi View Post
We are currently traveling in Oregon. We stay at private parks in general. The state has masking requirements for indoors, but I haven't seen anything about parks closing due to Covid restrictions. I think that some of the information about Covid spread has helped identify that outdoors and social distancing is unlikely to cause the spread. Therefore parks will probably stay open. Just be sure you have a masks for indoor activities.

I can corroborate this, atm there has been no new policies set forth by Governor Brown since towards the later part of the summer other than "Maintain Social Distancing, Masks Required Indoors, Masks Required Outdoors in any State managed properties, Masks required Outdoors if at least 6-10 feet cannot be consistently maintained between you and others", though I don't know if the State Parks have resumed full campground capacity availability yet (They were running at reduced levels starting back in 2020 and I don't know if they ever eased those).
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas, florida, national, rv park, service