Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #29

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The closest boondocking near Yuma is Lake Mittry and behind the VFW on Highway 95. Both are BLM land with 14 day stay limits. A bit farther north is the long term visitor area at Imperial Dam.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
We migrated south a few weeks ago and are in Yuma. There were already a few set up at Q when we came by but right now it is HOT down here. 100* every day so far. Way to hot for us to boondock. It looks like our Canadian friends won't be coming down this year so there should be plenty of spaces available in Yuma. I'd expect to see fewer activities offered at the RV resorts but don't know. We prefer to socially distance and avoid crowds so the resorts didn't attract us anyway. The lots available to rent in the foothills are all privately owned. Craigslist or just drive around. Boondocking in Yuma is limited. The state trust land just to the east is closed to camping. The local businesses are mostly open and their customers mostly are following Covid recommendations. Stay informed and choose your own level of risk, just be sure not to violate someone else's choices.

The big tent show at Q is still scheduled but it remains to be seen if it occurs or not. We used to go, but after a few trips there it has lost its attraction for us. We usually go up for a few days just to camp with our Arctic Fox group and it has always been a good time. Not sure if we'll get together this year or not.
MtCamper, is the border open to allow crossing into Los Algodones for meds?

OKMunky, is the road to Imperial Dam paved?
Old 10-21-2020, 07:54 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
MtCamper, is the border open to allow crossing into Los Algodones for meds?

OKMunky, is the road to Imperial Dam paved?
I haven’t been on the road to Imperial Dam, but I do believe it is paved.

I can do better with the first question. I went to the Purple Pharmacy in Algodones about a month ago. The border crossing was open from 7Am to 2 PM. There was no waiting to get back into the US. That was nice! I suggest that you check before going as things do change frequently. On the trip I made to the pharmacy in August I found the large Parking lot closed but everyone was parking nearby and no one was ticketed by border patrol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-24-2020, 08:26 PM   #32

According to the New York Times Yuma county is had 83 new cases of Covid yesterday, one death.

Total, 13,500 cases with 354 deaths.

Kind of scarey in its own way I think.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #33

We plan on going for a few days. We have reservations at Rice Ranch 21st through 24th... 21st is paid so if we decide NOT to go i'll only lose 1 day..

LeeB
Old 10-24-2020, 11:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
According to the New York Times Yuma county is had 83 new cases of Covid yesterday, one death. Total, 13,500 cases with 354 deaths.
Quartzsite is in La Paz County..... total cases 611; deaths 17
Old 10-25-2020, 08:08 AM   #35

Its not the number of new cases that matters but the number of hospitalizations. Many of the positive tests never result in symptoms especially recently when Wuflu has been spreading in the 20-30 population who rarely get ill. But the papers preferring sensationalism stick to the mostly meaningless number of positive tests.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:30 AM   #36

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
According to the New York Times Yuma county is had 83 new cases of Covid yesterday, one death.

Total, 13,500 cases with 354 deaths.

Kind of scarey in its own way I think.
Harvey,

The numbers have been coming WAY down lately. I check the stats daily and it has been averaging 25-30 casas per day. It seems like once a week there is a really high number. It's usually preceded by 2-3 days of really low numbers. I think someone is playing "catch up". Also, those aren’t actually people newly diagnosed. Those are positive test results and most people have several tests so they know when they are no longer contagious.

Rather than listen to the agenda prone media, I’d suggest you check the AZ health dept website.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

You can click on any county and get that county's stats under most of the categories. The encouraging numbers are listed under Confirmed cases reported by day. There you can see that the curve is starting to bottom out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Harvey,

The numbers have been coming WAY down lately. I check the stats daily and it has been averaging 25-30 casas per day. It seems like once a week there is a really high number. It's usually preceded by 2-3 days of really low numbers. I think someone is playing "catch up". Also, those aren’t actually people newly diagnosed. Those are positive test results and most people have several tests so they know when they are no longer contagious.

Rather than listen to the agenda prone media, I’d suggest you check the AZ health dept website.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

You can click on any county and get that county's stats under most of the categories. The encouraging numbers are listed under Confirmed cases reported by day. There you can see that the curve is starting to bottom out.

I guess we’re looking at different charts. The one I’m looking at shows steady climb late September on for Arizona. This reflects a national trend.

This is the most interesting stat though.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm
Old 10-25-2020, 05:24 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
Its not the number of new cases that matters but the number of hospitalizations. Many of the positive tests never result in symptoms especially recently when Wuflu has been spreading in the 20-30 population who rarely get ill. But the papers preferring sensationalism stick to the mostly meaningless number of positive tests.
Even if you're asymptomatic you can still pass the virus along so cases DO matter.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:04 PM   #39

Outdoors RV Owners Club
At this point I think everyone has been exposed to it at least once.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #40

Arizona WAS going down. No longer. Now on the way back up. Just read that 20 schools may have to revert to on line classes. Still better than most states at the present though.

Here's my favorite site for tracking the spread:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rus-in-the-u-s

Those 2-3 day lulls you see regularly are weekends and holidays, when the numbers aren't tabulated. That's why you need to follow the seven day averages.

The reason for tracking the positivity rate is because it's a pretty good indication of how much the virus is spreading in the wild in a given area. CDC goal is less than 5%.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:24 AM   #41

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I guess we’re looking at different charts. The one I’m looking at shows steady climb late September on for Arizona. This reflects a national trend.

This is the most interesting stat though.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm
Harvey, The one thing I know for sure about statistics is that you can make them say anything you want. By only showing the statistics from late September to now gives a tiny picture that only covers 3 to 4 weeks. Some counties had a spike after Labor Day, but not Yuma County.

I rarely leave Yuma County so looking at the statewide statistics is not something I do. There is also a ZIP Code map on that link that I sent above. If you search for 85333 you’ll see that we have had only one to 10 cases Dateland. I actually think we haven’t had any. There was a family of 3 that moved to Gila Bend and got it. It was reported here because that’s what their drivers license had listed as their address.

Also, they are counting positive tests as separate cases. The reality is when someone has tested positive they are retested until they test negative. The numbers very likely could be 1/3 of what is reported.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Time to get back on the specific topic and a reminder.
Quote:
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that does not meet our standards. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team
Closed Thread