Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #43

This is still America. If you do not want to go don't. Nobody ifs forced to go anywhere. Everybody can stay in there room and lock the door. If you go be carefull, Respect others and enjoy your life...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #44

The question is not the current infection rate, hospitalization rate, etc of the locale, it's that bunch of people from different places well meet, share meals, shop (if the Big Tent is open) together, etc. It's about how much time people spend together, how close they are, their use of effective PPE and enhanced hygiene practices.

Back when I had a job, it was in the live event and entertainment industry. I'm still hoping that work awaits when the pandemic slows... so I've been keeping up on the practices in my industry (I'm now a card-carrying Covid Compliance Officer, but we don't get badges.. insert Tales of the Sierra Madre here). The stuff that TV, movie and video productions go through, the practices needed for access to a rehearsal facility or studio... would make your head spin faster than the little girl in The Exorcist.

But I mention all that because: if you don't socialize like it's 2019 again (limit exposure duration/proximity), if you use the right PPE and hygienic practices - you can greatly reduce you chances of spreading or catching illness, including Covid-19.

It isn't necessary to stop the world from spinning, but we do need to be mindful of our role in a pandemic and the relatively small and inexpensive things that reduce risk for everyone. We can't go back to 2019 ways yet and it may be some time before it will not be necessary to use pandemic practices, but minimizing risk is something we can all participate in.

I won't be in QZ (the pandemic took the income to do trips like that) but I hope everyone who goes has fun, and stays healthy.

One more thought - RVing has turned out to be relatively safe (virus-wise) when folks are mostly independent. I hope no rally becomes a spreader event as that could be used as a reason to prohibit same.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Also, they are counting positive tests as separate cases. The reality is when someone has tested positive they are retested until they test negative. The numbers very likely could be 1/3 of what is reported.
Not sure where you got that idea, but I highly doubt it. My brother-in law recently tested positive here in Arizona and is individually being contact traced by the county. He has no requirement to retest, but they told him if he does he will likely test positive for several months after. It's highly unlikely that they going to open a separate case if he tests positive again as he's already in their system and the County Health Department has been regularly following up with him.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
Not sure where you got that idea, but I highly doubt it. My brother-in law recently tested positive here in Arizona and is individually being contact traced by the county. He has no requirement to retest, but they told him if he does he will likely test positive for several months after. It's highly unlikely that they going to open a separate case if he tests positive again as he's already in their system and the County Health Department has been regularly following up with him.
Workers here, if test positive stay off work till they get 2 negative test results.
Bob
Old 10-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #47
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Thread Closed

It’s time to move on as Quartzite is no longer being discussed here. Thanks to those that posted on topic and within the rules.
Closed Thread