Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2020, 06:19 PM   #1

Quartzite and covid

With all the negative press that South Dakota got for holding the sturgis motorcycle rally Arizona is still going to hold the Quartzite rally. Are you still going? I retire this month and really had hoped to head to Arizona for this but I think I am going to wait another year... I know Quartzite said they are going to have hand sanitizer stations and make the aisles wider and other things. But for the amount of people that go there I feel its really hard to control that large of a crowd. Just my .02.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2020, 07:16 PM   #2

It's just a 70 mile drive from where we spend the winter months and we have been going down to the RV show for lunch and a walk through the tents looking for something we couldn't live without. I used to take my Blue Ox tow bar for their techs to rebuild for $30, but have started doing it myself. This year we'll see what things are like in January and decide. Probably no real need to go, as I still haven't unpacked the patio mat we bought there two years ago.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:43 PM   #3

Will be leaving here, northern Nevada, at end of month moving to Quartzsite for my 7th year...
Old 09-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #4

I'm toying with the idea for our first time. What are the dates of the Rally? Never mind I looked it up: https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

That would fit in our schedule and I want to visit the Mexican Dentists. I believe there will be one or more wuflu vaccines available by then so that should calm the hysteria.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacouser View Post
With all the negative press that South Dakota got for holding the sturgis motorcycle rally Arizona is still going to hold the Quartzite rally. Are you still going? I retire this month and really had hoped to head to Arizona for this but I think I am going to wait another year... I know Quartzite said they are going to have hand sanitizer stations and make the aisles wider and other things. But for the amount of people that go there I feel its really hard to control that large of a crowd. Just my .02.
you do what you think is best for you, not what someone else...anyone else...thinks is best. we've decided to forego the snowbird trip to AZ this winter not because we fear the virus but because we fear the resort mgrs freaking out and shutting down all of the activities like they did last march.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We meet a group there every year, and we will be there this year too. Will we go to the RV show and the big tent? Almost surely not. There is no way I will walk in the big tent! I can’t imagine they will be successful at making the folks follow the rules. Actually, even if they could I believe the risk is too high for me to feel comfortable. So we will again stay 3-4 weeks in the desert, enjoying the back roads and our friends.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 PM   #7

We've been there often; the first year to see what the big tent was all about. Thereafter we stayed in the outback with friends and did Jeeping, hiking, geocaching, etc. Personally, I wouldn't be going in the big tent this year. Way too many people!
Old 09-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Perhaps there would be a different feeling about going to events like these if they knew the CDC was there and the place would be locked down with everyone in quarantine if there was an outbreak of the virus.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #9

They way I see it lots of people have had the covid! a few have died,and some didn't even know they had it.Taking precautions to not get the covid is as important as taking precautions not to be bit by a rattlesnake .But you cant stay locked up the rest of your life.I have a neighbor that didn't go out for months and finally got tired of being cooped up and went for a ride and had a bad wreck and went into intensive care where she dang near died >BUT she made it ! funny thing is she was in the same hospital where there were lots of covid patients and didn't catch it .I.m going to QZ hope i dont have a wreck on the way !
Old 09-12-2020, 08:10 AM   #10

[QUOTEThey way I see it lots of people have had the covid! a few have died,and some didn't even know they had it.][/QUOTE]

As Governor De Santis pointed out yesterday, the number of hospitalizations and deaths have dropped over 70% since mid July. Hospitals have lots of empty rooms and so do ICU's. Lots of people may test positive but the CDC has admitted that the tests are ten times too sensitive and most people that get positive tests never show a symptom. So that number that the papers keeping pushing is the wrong one to look at, the important number is how many people get hospitalized.

So get on with life and if being extra cautious makes you happy then continue on doing it.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #11

Just because many will be asymptomatic they can still pass it off to others who could get a serious case.

That's why all numbers count. The need is to see how many cases are still out there... asymptomatic or not.

Please think of your fellow man!
Old 09-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That's right. While in Quartzite, if you get it from someone or something you could have no symptoms, or you could die or anything in between. If you have it and don't know it because you have no symptoms you can still pass it on to someone that could have no symptoms or possibly die or anything in between. Just because you have never felt sick that doesn't mean you haven't had it and and possibly passed it on to many that have died or also had no symptoms. I could die laughing at all this but it would probably be counted as a covid death. Is it just me, or are we all in crazy land?
Old 09-12-2020, 10:43 PM   #13

I don't think there will be many Canadians at Quartsite this coming Winter. Mainly due to health insurance not covering treatment for Covid 19. Also the border is closed to RVs crossing into the US from Canada. Personally, I'm not looking forward to a cold Winter in Manitoba and think I would be safe enough in the desert but we'll have to see how it goes.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:12 AM   #14

Like Clint Eastwood says, "Do you feel lucky"
Closed Thread