Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2021, 11:04 AM   #1

Reactions to your booster shot?

Just booked an appointment for my Pfizer booster shot for tomorrow. I probably could just walk in, but I'd rather just have it reserved. Those of you who got your booster, did you notice the same side effects (if any) as the first shots? My first shot was a sore are and that was about it. 2nd shot was a sore arm and the next day I just felt a bit lethargic, but fine after that.

I know my flu shot last year kicked my butt. I actually had a fever the next day. And 2 years ago the shingles vaccine... 1st shot was ok, but I felt like I had a cold but no nasal type stuff. Booster shot really put be down for the count for 2 days. Achy, fever and the like. Still better than getting shingles in the eye or something!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #2

I had the booster shot early Saturday evening. All I had was a sore arm for a day. I'm glad I got it and the DW gets her shot Thursday.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
Old 09-27-2021, 11:16 AM   #3

I'm writing this post as I'm sitting in my motorhome, and I'm preparing for a trip next week so I want to get the booster. I booked an appointment to get the shot in a couple days, but I talked to my sister and her husband, who also have a motor home, and they went in last night and got the shots just by walking into a Rite Aid. She texted me this morning that they do have quite sore arms, a bit more sore than the previous shots, but that's the only side effects so far.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:21 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
DO NOT DO THE PHIZER AND THE FLU SHOT AT THE SAME. My brother will be sick for weeks, sleeping countless hours, very weak. Almost killed him.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
DO NOT DO THE PHIZER AND THE FLU SHOT AT THE SAME. My brother will be sick for weeks, sleeping countless hours, very weak. Almost killed him.
Yea, Flu shot is in the near future. Not sure exactly how long I should wait. Flu was postponed last year for the most part because of lockdowns and high mask usage. It should be back in full swing this season. I'll have to ask my doctor about how long to wait.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #6

They claim you can get both shots at the same time, but in the past they recommended waiting at least a couple weeks after the covid shot for the flu shot. I think it just makes sense, so I'm going to get the covid booster, then take a motorhome trip, then after I get back I'll look into getting the flu shot. No sense on risking getting side effects from both at the same time, and wrecking a camping trip.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #7

I drove ny RV over to CVS but couldn't get the booster yet.
Just had my Flu shot so next RV trip I'll have to check again

Sure like having the RV.

*Mentioning the RV makes it RV related ....right?
Old 09-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #8

I got my 3rd shot, as opposed to a booster, on Aug. 16 as soon as the recommendation was made for those who were immune compromised. Interestingly, my Drs. Office recommended I go to a local drug store. They only had the Moderna vaccine. My previous shots were Pfizer. When I questioned the pharmacist he didn’t see a problem. Sore arm for a period of about 24 hours, similar to my second dose of Pfizer. I received my flu shot last Tuesday. Again a sore arm for a day or so. I read one source that said combining the rma vaccines increased the antibody response. I’d like to get an antibody test to know for sure. Unfortunately, access to testing is limited because of the current surge due to the delta variant.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
This thread does not comply with the new COVID guidelines.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/rem...um-554213.html
Closed Thread