Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
Yeah, peer review worked so well in the hydroxychloroquine trials that several studies and articles had to be retracted. As happens frequently in peer review across all fields of science due to personal bias.

Simple fact is, as mentioned above, climate change has been around for millions of years.

Another fact is there is no solid data as to the extent that humans are accelerating it.

To whatever extent we are accelerating it China and India are causing several thousand per cent greater change than the US.

So my question is: Why are all these "leading scientists dumping on the US?

But then this thread is really about bad Americans misbehaving in Canada so we probably should get back on topic.
Those studies you cite were NOT peer-reviewed extensively prior to publication. It was the subsequent peer reviews that got them retracted.

Many things are being rushed to market/publication/news outlets without being vetted in the typical methodical ways. That doesn't mean that peer review is flawed, it means that it's being bypassed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
We made the difficult decision to not visit with family on our way to ND next month. We were very excited to see our newest great grand. The first girl!

Unfortunately, not everyone in the family has been as careful as we are and we are worried about getting the virus at the beginning of our trip. It was a hard decision to make, but that is how it is.

Today, we stopped by a very well known and countrywide RV store, they also have an outdoors store by another name and they sell RV's and they sell insurance, and they sell..... You know who they are.

They opened their brand new store in Myrtle Beach. I was thrilled they have and outside station to wash your hands before walking in. That was the last happy thought. No one was wearing masks or social distancing. I explained to the clerk, when I finally got one to respond, that he and everyone on staff, including the popcorn person, was disrespecting me and other customers.

Shame on them. I sent a detailed email to their head honcho, we'll see what happens. I will not be holding my breath. I will not be back into that location.

It is my health and my life. It is all I have at the end of the day. I'm not wasting it on people who have no respect for me.

It's my health and life too--we're the same! Texas, which was one of the first states that re-opened is now reaping the whirlwind. No one is following CDC guidelines and our Governor Abbott, [moderator edit] is refusing to take action, and hospitals here are at capacity.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:00 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
It's my health and life too--we're the same! Texas, which was one of the first states that re-opened is now reaping the whirlwind. No one is following CDC guidlines and our Governor Abbott, a staunch Trumpist, is refusing to take action, and hospitals here are at capacity.
It appears Abbott may be bending his ways slightly. I watched a clip from yesterday in which he implied that if Texans fail to modify their behavior it will be necessary to shut things down again. Whether or not that happens if things worsen (which they will) remains to be seen. For the most part I think the political will to get and keep a grip on infection transmission does not exist in too many places.

And those behaviors, dear friends, is why this pandemic will continue. As folks exercise their "rights and freedoms" others will be infected as a result... and is why I've been saying here for 3 months that controlling the pandemic at this point is matter of human behavior, not biology, and that relying on the vast majority of the public to consistently do the "right things" will doom us to repeat exactly what we have seen up to now. Groundhog Day, anyone?

One need not be old, infirm, in a nursing home or have comorbidity factors to end up in ICU... and speaking of which, AZ is up to 87% of ICU capacity as of this morning.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #88

Mods: Close this thread

This thread has become a political fight. PLEASE SHUT THIS DOWN.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprived View Post
Unfortunately the response to a biological situation must be led by elected persons and at some point those responses are relevant (one of the few times I'd call politicians *morally* relevant).

What does not help us *here* is playing a partisan blame game (no matter how much or how little one may think of an individual politician or group of politicians). That's why I try to stick to the things *we* can do as individuals and families, while understanding that too many folks may behave in ways that negate infection control efforts.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #90

Quote:
expressions of ideals thoughts and fear are part of a Democracy, true it can be a smidge bumpy at times yet all in all there is much to be learned. I applaud this forum for being open to such discussions. It is quite American shall we say...and to your point rudeness is not.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #91

Quote:
If you don't like it, why are you reading it?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:29 PM   #92

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
If you don't like it, why are you reading it?

[emoji106]
Old 06-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #93

Just to get back on topic, if anyone knows somebody that’s returning to Alaska, it would be good to warn them that fines are being handed out. Hopefully that will keep the “dum” ones from breaking their quarantine. I guarantee people are keeping an eye out for license plates from the states in the tourist areas.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #94
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
THREAD WARNING !!

This thread has gone off topic and there is a lot of bickering. Let's get back on track and be courteous.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:14 AM   #95

Tiffin Owners Club
We just got back from Badlands National Park. I would guess 70-80% of the people who visited the ranger stop (a table outside the visitor center) had on masks. So did the rangers. In the gift shop area (a couple of tents outside the visitor center, Ben more had masks on. The poor staffer there work an N95 respirator since she was inside a small space. People were giving each other lots of room. I was impressed with the politeness of everyone; no pushing or shoving to get the best picture at the pullouts this time.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:01 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
It's my health and life too--we're the same! Texas, which was one of the first states that re-opened is now reaping the whirlwind. No one is following CDC guidelines and our Governor Abbott, [moderator edit] is refusing to take action, and hospitals here are at capacity.
There are over 400 hospitals in the state of Texas. Two or three are near capacity.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:04 AM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thread warning was ignored has resulted in thread closure.

Thanks to those who posted within the Community Rules.

Steve as Site Staff
Closed Thread