Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2020, 07:33 PM   #1

RV Sales Skyrocket across US

Though lacking specific numbers, very interesting piece on our local News Channel, here in Berks County Pennsylvania.

Pandemic causes RV sales to skyrocket across Berks and USA

The local dealer is quoted as saying he may be out of inventory in a month.

Similarly, another local news item today reports record sales for Swimming Pools, with the dealer quoted in that piece stating his backlog for new pool installations (above ground and inground) is now out to 2022! Due entirely to Covid-19 and folks seeking to avoid the Community Pools (which are numerous and popular in my area).
Michael1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #2

I'm thinking lots of slightly used RVs for sale in 3-4 years!
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #3

might be lots and lots of disappointed, and disillusioned, new RV owners within a year or two when expectations run headlong into reality.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
might be lots and lots of disappointed, and disillusioned, new RV owners within a year or two when expectations run headlong into reality.

It's not like buying a car. That's for sure. Could be interesting!
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
I'm thinking the same thing. Not sure I will buy a 2020 model though.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:15 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
I too am thinking the same thing and you will be able to buy them cheap as many if not most will be way underwater on the crazy financing they agreed to and need to "dump" this money drain.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:20 PM   #7

If you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:29 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just my opinion, but I give it 6 months to a year before the economy really begins to show the effects of the recession. I don't believe the economy will just bounce back like nothing even happened. As companies try to recover what was lost, I think we will see layoffs, restructuring, position elimination. I think the commercial real estate market will be circling the drain. I see a lot of debt coming home to roost.
If I were still working and not retired, the last thing I would be doing is buying a recreational depreciating asset, especially on a loan. I'd be paying down my debt as much as I could.
Look for some good deals a year from now, both in RVs and the secondary vacation home market.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Just my opinion, but I give it 6 months to a year before the economy really begins to show the effects of the recession. I don't believe the economy will just bounce back like nothing even happened. As companies try to recover what was lost, I think we will see layoffs, restructuring, position elimination. I think the commercial real estate market will be circling the drain. I see a lot of debt coming home to roost.
If I were still working and not retired, the last thing I would be doing is buying a recreational depreciating asset, especially on a loan. I'd be paying down my debt as much as I could.
Look for some good deals a year from now, both in RVs and the secondary vacation home market.
that's as good a guess on where the economy will go as any but the advice is spot on. when debt free all things become possible.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:33 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The economy does tend to lag the cause. Many companies are sinking in debt and living off the Fed money to keep going. Eventually they will close and the house of cards will fall. This is what the enemies of the US want, foreign and domestic. If you want to get out of RV'ing this is a good time to do it. Give it a break and get back in later.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:46 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Michael1955 --

A few days ago I was helping a work colleague who is looking to upgrade from a travel trailer to a Class A gasoline engine motorhome for his growing family. I referred him to PPL Motorhomes which is a large consignment sales dealership here in the greater Houston area --> https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/

I was stunned to see a large number of "sale pending" notices on RVs of all types. This unusually high number of "sales pending" notices confirms the article you provided about RV sales being very robust.!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #12

Yes... MH/RV sales are robust due to Covid-19 and the desire of people to avoid crowds, hotels, eating in restaurants etc. But, like other posters have said, our economy is about to go down the drain. And I agree that there's soon going to be a glut of slightly used MHs on the market soon because of defaulted loans and no jobs.
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale