Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim,

Yes, I think the media is selectively reporting the "scary stuff" just for the ratings. Has anyone heard reporting of how many people have recovered and gone back to work, assuming they still have a job?

I got a 2,000 gallon water delivery yesterday. The driver was a delightful young man who lost his previous job after his girlfriend got sick and he was quarantined at home with her. He was tested 3 times - all negative.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #16

No we do not need more cases for this to end! The medical community is coming to the conclusion that anti bodies produced by survivors may only last a month. Herd immunity won't work with this virus.

And you are right, long term side effects are starting to affect survivors. For that news we can believe the news media.

We can stop this virus but only if we start acting differently. We can close Disney World, bars, gyms for 2-3 months and we can require everyone to wear a mask. Our European allies have proved it. Why can't we?
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
Old 07-15-2020, 07:36 PM   #17

Because the 25 to 45 age group won't participate.....look at the beach gatherings and so forth....
Old 07-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
The medical community is coming to the conclusion that anti bodies produced by survivors may only last a month. Herd immunity won't work with this virus.
Tim it would appear that you maybe correct about herd immunity.

strengthening evidence that a so-called herd immunity to Covid-19 is "unachievable," the medical journal the Lancet reported on Monday.

And for those waiting for a vaccine to solve the problems here is something to think about.

We've never made a successful vaccine for a coronavirus before.

Suppose there is always that first time though.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
No we do not need more cases for this to end! The medical community is coming to the conclusion that anti bodies produced by survivors may only last a month. Herd immunity won't work with this virus.

And you are right, long term side effects are starting to affect survivors. For that news we can believe the news media.

We can stop this virus but only if we start acting differently. We can close Disney World, bars, gyms for 2-3 months and we can require everyone to wear a mask. Our European allies have proved it. Why can't we?
Tim,

In my opinion all they are doing in Europe is postponing a larger outbreak. If we had a definitive date by which 80% of the population was vaccinated with a 95% effective vaccine, maybe But there is no stopping this virus. Should we shut the world down for another 2 years? Humans have almost no immunity. If herd immunity is not going to happen then do we shut down our country forever?

And what percentage of people are having long term side effects? The news makes it sound like lots of people are, but I suspect it's rare.

Maybe there should be a "bar mask". One with a tube that comes down beside the chin below the mask so patrons can safely drink. I haven’t drank since college, but I seem to remember that you get drunk faster if you drink thru a straw.

Hmm, what could somebody sell to gym patrons? A mask with an oxygen hose?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-15-2020, 08:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm not spooked by more cases because those need to happen for this to end. I doubt any truly effect vaccine will be available for another year.

In all honesty, I’m more concerned about the long term side effects from the virus than the numbers. The media reports them, but what percentage of people have disabling side effects? They happen, so they make the news.

Numbers do not equal truth in all cases. How many states are lumping everyone over 64 into the same death statistics? There's a HUGE difference between the health of most 65 year olds and 90 year olds. Numbers can take any side of any issue. It’s how they are grouped that makes them seem worse than they are.

Do know that Medicare will pay 20% more for virus care? No incentive for fraud there, huh?

Kansas has a 103 year old survivor!
Oregon list the age of every death. No lumping.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The common cold is a corona virus, right? I know without a doubt that I haven’t had a cold in over 40 years, probably never. How do I know this? I was working with a medical student. On Tuesday I came in with a cold, was better on Wednesday and cured by Thursday morning. My friend asked me what I had taken? "Nothing, my colds only last 2-3 days", I replied. She then informed me that what I thought was a cold was more likely an allergy because colds last 10-14 days. Since then I have never had anything that resembled a cold.

Not that I plan to test it, but maybe I have some immunity to this virus. I've never had the flu, either and only flu shots for the last 7 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-15-2020, 09:29 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
And in Portland how many of the new cases are the protesters.....I'm personaly fed up with them and hope more of them catch it......or some lead....

Have not seen one reported case where a protest marcher has gotten the virus. Have seen many reports of church goers infecting or being infected. ODD!!
Old 07-15-2020, 10:06 PM   #23

That's because they're afraid of being identified as a protestor.......real brave DA's in a group......
Old 07-15-2020, 10:53 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, I have been reading here and watch the news. It looks like this virus is just going to slowly kill the economy and kill much of the population with it. There will be no cure or vaccine. The country where this started has succeeded in beating us with it. We stay home and the numbers go down only to go back up when we open up. So we lock it down and let the system crash, and it will. If we open up and let it go, we will probably loose a million or more in no more than 2 years. So we flatten the curve, slow the spread, call it whatever you want but it's going to take out the economy eventually no matter what. So enjoy a life of shut down cuz it's the new normal for a long time. Possibly the rest of our lives. We are barely 6 months into this, the worst is yet to come. Yes, this is doom and gloom, real world. If you're not using your RV now you probably never will as conditions will not get better. This is real world so wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #25

You're entitled to your opinion.........but Whoa is me, is not me....
Old 07-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #26

Sorry about your friend but did she die because of the virus? I guess I don't understand why you mentioned that she was afraid of the virus. Did that cause her death? Many people are afraid; and rightly so, in my opinion. This is serious.

You also stated "Are the numbers higher mainly because so many people are getting tested"? That really doesn't matter, does it? If they test positive they have the virus. It's a case. Why hide it? It helps science to determine how widespread it is and if anything is helping and what can be done better. The massive testing started after the states started opening up. We then saw how widespread it is. People became relaxed - back to what they were doing previously. Now, because of testing, we know that doesn't work.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 AM   #27

From the original post....

"I got word today that a wonderful lady, an RVer, my friend Colleen, died from a freak accident in her home. I'm posting it here because Colleen had not left her home or allowed any visitors inside since the shutdown in March due to her extreme fears of getting the virus. "

Is it me or have people reacting to the avalanche of virus posts and news reports seem to have such strong opinions that the points made in other posts are lost?
Old 07-16-2020, 05:06 AM   #28

Like others have said, it's difficult to filter the news we hear because of hype.
As an analogy,,,, ever watch BBC news casts and compare them to our major news channels. NO hype

CLIFFORD
Closed Thread