Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc1470 View Post
Okmunky I am sorry for the lose of your friend. It is sad to know that your friend was so frightened about covid. There is a young lady I am guessing around 25-26 in our church who has been diagnosed with covid. From what I understand she is very frightened also. She also has some other conditions that do make it a concern, lupus and she is over weight. As it stands her 2 boys have been staying with Great Grandmother and this person is on her own. Told the DW we should have her come up and stay with us. It just does not make sense that people have to live in fear over something like this. We really do not know the family all that well so not sure if she would be comfortable doing that or not.
IHC, you have a good heart, but it would not be a good idea to bring her into your home. If you get it you cannot predict the outcome. If something happens to you, who's gonna run that combine? The young woman needs to have a thermometer to take her temp and a pulse oximeter. On the pulse oximeter, if her oxygen saturation hits 90 or below, she needs to go to the E.R. right away. Same goes if she cannot feed herself. Everyone in the church needs to be tested. I would suspend going to church until that happens. Don
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #86

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
. The population is being treated like ignorant cattle right now.
I totally agree with that statement. And much of the advice given seems to have a profit motive for somebody behind it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #87

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What is being said here on this thread and others on IRV2 just backs up what I said on this thread post #24. All I did was put it all together. There really is no good news, here or on TV.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:55 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc1470 View Post
You know what I would like to see and would probably put this mask issue to bed is an unbiased report on them and there usage. A company like Consumer Reports comes to mind. Once they got done testing then I would feel that the statement "It has been proven that they work." might hold some water.

As it stands there are what I would consider a lot of credible people who are saying that mask are not that great. The DW's doc when we saw him a month ago spent close to an hour with us and none of us had mask on. He is a heart surgeon so I will trust he knows just as much as the scientists and other medical personnel.

I would consider a surgeon standing over an open wound to not be the same as wearing a mask say in a grocery store.

For those who point out countries like Japan where they are wearing masks, this pops up so makes you wonder. https://www.aol.com/tokyo-reports-re...124554899.html

I will leave it with this question twogypsies how do you really know that redhooker is completely wrong? Where is your proof?
As we all know we can smell a bad fart through a pair of jeans and underwear so makes you feel really safe with your cloth mask on and eyes unprotected for sure

Surgeons and other professionals wear mask primarily to avoid drooling on us during procedures, not to avoid passing fine mist droplets as only an N99 will reduce that enough to really matter
Old 07-17-2020, 09:52 AM   #89

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Colleen. RIP. She did what she thought was best for herself. Sad that you felt the need to denigrate her in saying she had extreme fear and paranoia, because apparently she didn't treat this as casually as you seem to be doing.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #90

I asked a version of this question to redhooker earlier but received no reply. For those of you that believe masks are next to useless, why are countries like Japan and the EU, where mask usage is common, currently doing so much better than the US?
Old 07-17-2020, 10:09 AM   #91

I'm tired of living in fear. No mask for me unless I go in a store and it's mandatory. Everyone is going to get it sooner or later no matter what you do.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
I'm tired of living in fear. No mask for me unless I go in a store and it's mandatory. Everyone is going to get it sooner or later no matter what you do.

That's the problem, it's not about you! Wearing a mask and social distancing is about protecting all of us and lowering the risk of infecting each other.
If I have to catch the virus sooner or later, can I sign up for later, (like 100 years from now).
Old 07-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
Sorry for the loss of your friend, Colleen. RIP. She did what she thought was best for herself. Sad that you felt the need to denigrate her in saying she had extreme fear and paranoia, because apparently she didn't treat this as casually as you seem to be doing.
You don't have a clue about the friendship they shared.....
Old 07-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #94
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thread has been closed.
This thread like others has gone beyond the spirit of the COVID forum intent.
Below is a reminder for all threads and post from the Readme at top of forum. Let’s keep new post and threads with this in mind.
Quote:
All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that does not meet our standards. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?
Site Staff
Closed Thread