Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #15
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
You get three receiver changes with the lifetime subscription.
Depends. I purchased it in 2009 and it's locked to that car radio unless that radio is changed out. Lifetime subscriptions on non-auto radios do have that policy.

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Seems like SiriusXM tells everyone a slightly different version. They told me I could change my primary radio from my car at no cost to a portable receiver that they gave me for free so that's what I did. The portable is now my primary radio.

Now I have the lifetime subscription on the free portable that I move from house to motorhome or my Jeep. I bought 2 car kits off ebay so all I do is move the receiver. After everything was set up and working, I cancelled the car radio. I also have my dad's portable on my account but they would not sell me another lifetime subscription for him. His annual cost for Select has not changed and has been about $169 all in for the last few years.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:25 PM   #17

My two cents is to never provide them with your credit card information - they do charge you $2 for a paper invoice but if you forget they can't automatically charge your card at the higher rate. Always contact the cancellation department a few days prior to your bill renewing and telling them what you want, i.e. 6 month promo or you'll cancel. I have been paying $26 for 6 month promos on two accounts and $18 for a five month promo on another account for some time. It is a pain to contact them though as it's about 15 minutes per call.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp5 View Post
My two cents is to never provide them with your credit card information - they do charge you $2 for a paper invoice but if you forget they can't automatically charge your card at the higher rate. Always contact the cancellation department a few days prior to your bill renewing and telling them what you want, i.e. 6 month promo or you'll cancel. I have been paying $26 for 6 month promos on two accounts and $18 for a five month promo on another account for some time. It is a pain to contact them though as it's about 15 minutes per call.
I have made a one time payment with CC that is not good for renewal. That avoids any surprises or missed auto charges. I may have paid $15/mo once or twice but on 2 vehicles over about 4 yrs have always gotten one of those "deals" for $5-$10/mo
I'd be happy to just pay $10/mo but willing to play their games.
I had suspended close to end of a paid up subscription once and when I called to restart I inquired about any "Specials". Agent Oh No... they are only applicable on new subscriptions to which I replied then just cancel & restart. He says Oh No can't do that so I just say Thrn Cancel it.... Oh he says.... wait just a minute!
Bottom line specials available anytime you are persistent
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:38 PM   #19
NXR

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/ap...a-new-radio%3F

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sirius.PNG
Views:	57
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	283420  
Old 04-29-2020, 05:26 AM   #20

I have had XM radio for the past 15 years. Love it. I recently got the deal of $127 out the door price for one year. Like someone mentioned here, I love to listen to the Steelers games. I have never given them a debit card number. (Don’t have a credit card) I have the app and the old school MyFi receiver.

My only issue with them is that you cannot down load music countdowns within the app. I can record on the MyFi though.

Great channel for sitting by the campfire is The Bridge.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:53 AM   #21

I'm paying $60 a year for my pickup truck and for another $60 for the radio in the motorhome. That was the best I could haggle them down to last time I renewed, but I just suspended the motorhome radio for 6 months because I don't think I'll be using it. Also registered it planned non-operation for now and reduced my insurance to comprehensive only. It's safely in my backyard and when it looks like I can get back out again I'll just re-register, and re up the insurance. It needs to be smogged, which is one reason I decided to make it planned on operation right now. Need to face the reality that this thing is going to be with us for a while.

By the way I just discovered I can enable the Alexa to play Sirius at home, which is nice.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #22
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
By the way I just discovered I can enable the Alexa to play Sirius at home, which is nice.
I was going to buy the SiriusXM module and a subscription for our motorhome but it's recent enough that the radio has Bluetooth audio connectivity.

Streaming is $5 a month if not already included on your SiriusXM plan and it sounds like you already have it. Perhaps you could kill the motorhome subscription entirely and just stream from your phone to its radio. This works well for us.

Ray
Old 05-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I was going to buy the SiriusXM module and a subscription for our motorhome but it's recent enough that the radio has Bluetooth audio connectivity.

Streaming is $5 a month if not already included on your SiriusXM plan and it sounds like you already have it. Perhaps you could kill the motorhome subscription entirely and just stream from your phone to its radio. This works well for us.

Ray

That's a good idea and I'm pretty sure I could do that. I don't have Bluetooth in the motorhome radio but it does have plugins, . I'll try it while it's sitting in the backyard and see what happens.. $60 a year isn't bad though.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:29 AM   #24

In 2008 I got a Silverado with a XM 6 month trial. I liked it for traveling but when the trial was up the monthly price was too steep. I told my wife I felt the service was worth $5 a month at best. Never got down to that price.

In 2016 I got a Sonic with a 3 month XM trial. After the trial was over I got several email offers that met the $5 a month criteria, but due to the free streaming options and bluetooth connectivity I couldn't justify even that expense.

Last year I got an email offer for 3 years for $99 - I almost signed up for it, but one thing I've noticed during the two week free listening periods is that the commercials are as prevalent on satellite radio as on terrestrial radio.

Remember when one of the selling points for cable TV was less commercials?

Same for satellite radio?

So I can't justify it at any cost at this point.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #25
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
$60 a year isn't bad though.
Good to hear. I'll PM you my address.

Ray
Old 05-06-2020, 08:02 PM   #26
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
Remember when one of the selling points for cable TV was less commercials?
I'm so old I remember when the selling point for cable TV was no commercials.

Ray
Old 08-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #27

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Just got off the phone with a very nice female with a very bad English accent.

After the usual run around about cancelling a radio (lightning strike killed it) and adding a new receiver I asked for a manager/supervisor in the US, 5 times, finally she said to hold and cut me off.
Does anybody know how to call them and get directly to a representative in the US to hopefully avoid the run around
Thanks
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:41 PM   #28

SiriusXM has nice cancellation promos going on due to the health crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by depchief View Post
Just got off the phone with a very nice female with a very bad English accent.

After the usual run around about cancelling a radio (lightning strike killed it) and adding a new receiver I asked for a manager/supervisor in the US, 5 times, finally she said to hold and cut me off.
Does anybody know how to call them and get directly to a representative in the US to hopefully avoid the run around
Thanks

This works for me most of the time. Try hitting a number not on the menu. If you do it a few times, you hopefully will be connected to a real person.

You could also try a site like gethuman.com to see if they have a different number to call.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote