Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2021, 09:47 PM   #127

My wife and I are both a bit more than 2 weeks past our second Pfizer shots, and at this point I am starting to relax a little out in public, though I do still generally ware a mask when indoors. Around here mask compliance is well under 50% in most stores, the statewide mask mandate was officially dropped yesterday (still in effect for schools, health care facilities, and government offices). Up until today I had been mostly good about wearing mask indoors, though I have skipped it a time or two running into a gas station to pay cash where I knew they had a plexi window, or similar. Having said that on my 3rd trip to the Auto parts store of the day, I skipped wearing a mask when I went in, from my 2 other trips today I knew none of the employees were wearing masks, that they still had social distancing going on (tables set up in front of the service counter so all interactions are at arms length). As to the topic here, I felt a bit odd not wearing a mask, though I did feel fairly safe. I guess it all depends on the circumstances, I attended a funeral visitation yesterday afternoon where there were a couple of dozen people in the small church, about 2/3 were not wearing a mask, there I was a bit more concerned as lots of people had driven in from out of town, .... 59 year old neighbor dropped dead a 3 am last Saturday, he was with his family at their lake cabin 70 miles away, he had health issues, but no immediate known cause.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #128

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
IMO, simple I've both doses of Madera, second one about two weeks ago.

I understand and feel that the vaccine is bout 90 to 95% effective. To me that means I'm much less likely to get sick at all, and if I do then it will likely be at a lesser level. I also understand that only about 1 in 2 people are presently vaccinated. How many of those are carries- no idea. But it takes only one strong carrier to make troubles in public places.

Therefor, I still intend to follow the mask and social distancing guidelines until our community reaches about 60-70%. Then I'll start to back off in most places.

I guess in some ways it like wearing a seatbelt. A government requirement that is intended to keep people from becoming injured as much or badly as without seatbelts. I've lived with this mandate for most of my life as most of us have and have no problems with it.

Will the vaccine provide me 100% assurance, no way. But a seatbelt does not either. It is my responsibility to keep myself as safe as possible for myself and my loved ones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply
Old 05-03-2021, 03:08 AM   #129

Tiffin Owners Club
Now that we are both fully vaccinated we feel much better about things. Eating in a restaurant was a HUGE plus for us as it has been well over a year.

In fact we feel so good that this past Saturday we felt safe enough to return to our home in the Dominican Republic for a month. We will be returning to the US and back in the MH starting June 2
momdoc is offline   Reply
Old 05-03-2021, 06:58 AM   #130

Very!!!

Going out and enjoying LIFE

Enjoy the journey
Old 05-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #131

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Like driving in an auto race under the yellow caution flag, proceed but with caution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #132

I know I am mostly protected, I had my second Moderna shot in March. I don't really worry about going into places while wearing my mask. I am very upset this week at having all the bikers in town. Seems they left their masks at home with their helmets. The area is crawling with them.

My problem is mental. Yeah, ask anyone who knows me.

Got the word Monday, my silly under 30 great niece has covid. She is one of the younger people who should know better, has been told better, but doesn't listen. So now she is alone in her apartment, worried about bills, worried about her dog. Refusing to go to a doctor because she is not insured.

I went by yesterday, double masked, socially distant to bring her something that she might drink, she has been throwing up and no appetite. I gave her my pulse oximeter so she can watch her oxygen levels. I also explained to her if she goes to the doctor, she can get treated and feeling better more quickly. We shall see.

Before I left I thoroughly washed my hands, wiped down what ever touched a surface with a wipe. When I got home I changed clothes. Last night and today I'm imagining every twinge, thump, cough, and spasm as OMG - I have Covid. All mental I know. If I can't taste my coffee in a couple of days I'll start to worry.
Charming is offline   Reply
Old 05-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #133

I've been fully vaccinated since the middle of March, and I feel pretty safe. However I still wear a mask in the stores, 100% still require it, and if I'm around someone outside my family, I wear a mask indoors. Going to a birthday party with a bunch of different family groups this weekend, and I'm a little reticent because some of them refuse to get vaccinated, and I don't want to be the one that could be carrying, it even though I'm not sick, and get them sick.

It does look like it's going to be with us for many years, unfortunately, because some people just refuse to get vaccinated.
tap4154 is offline   Reply
Old 05-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #134

Have had both shots and feel pretty safe since I believe the medical experts.

So is there a point as a society where we acknowledge we are still wearing masks to protect those who refuse to get the vaccine? Right now there are many people who have not had to opportunity to get the shot so I feel an obligation to them. Especially the younger population.

But there seems to be a widespread loss of momentum in getting everyone vaccinated. I do not know if that is a race challenge, an income challenge - probably a little of both. But soon that will no longer be an issue and if have not reached so called herd immunity - what then?

Keep wearing masks to protect those who for whatever reason refuse to take the vaccine? Personally, I would resist that direction.
X-OEM is offline   Reply
Old 05-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #135

Winnebago Owners Club
I spoke to a fellow who just returned to Canada from the US. While in the US over the winter both he and his wife had both shots.

It was very interesting when he returned.
- They still had to have the test within 24 hours of getting on the plane.
- They still had to get the rapid test upon arrival.
- They still were required to spend three days quarantined in a approved hotel.
- They still have to submit a self test 10 days after arrival.
- They still have to self isolate for 14 days.

Both the border agents and health officials were not interested in his vaccination documentation and took no notice of it.

It appears the health people do not have much faith in the vaccination.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:38 AM   #136

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I spoke to a fellow who just returned to Canada from the US. While in the US over the winter both he and his wife had both shots.

It was very interesting when he returned.
- They still had to have the test within 24 hours of getting on the plane.
- They still had to get the rapid test upon arrival.
- They still were required to spend three days quarantined in a approved hotel.
- They still have to submit a self test 10 days after arrival.
- They still have to self isolate for 14 days.

Both the border agents and health officials were not interested in his vaccination documentation and took no notice of it.

It appears the health people do not have much faith in the vaccination.
Please delete if inappropriate.

As a Canadian, I believe our health officials and government are penalizing snowbirds as several government officials over Christmas went South/Overseas and where all called out by the media. Some lost positions and others lost jobs.

As I see it personally this caused a backlash from officials and they took it out in snowbirds. Sort of a , if I can not go on holidays I will make your life difficult if you do.

Again this is my opinion and my opinion only.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply
Old 05-12-2021, 11:44 AM   #137

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not sure if it is Canada's distrust of the vaccine or a distrust that a piece of paper is real and not forged.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #138

Newmar Owners Club
Family Fully Vaccinated or Had Covid

This past weekend the wife's 85 year old parents flew from Denver to Houston to join their entire extended family of 24 folks including three kids & spouses, six grandkids and their spouses plus seven great-grandkids all to celebrate the one of their grand-daughter's college graduation as she receives her BS degree in Nursing. This group of 24 ranges in age from 3 to 85. All adults are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine while the great grandkids ages 3-11 are not. The wife's parents return to Denver early next week.

For the first time since Thanksgiving 2019 we are greatly enjoying hugging each other, spending time inside homes and on patios, no social distancing, no masks, etc. as we did pre-Covid. Our time together thus far has been fantastic!! Risk of contracting or spreading Covid among the family is near zero!

We look forward to our family gathering again in August in the Snowy Range of southern Wyoming to visit the wife's parents and enjoy some cooler summer weather in the mountains and some great brook trout fishing on my favorite creeks.
fagnaml is offline   Reply
Old 05-12-2021, 12:32 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Like driving in an auto race under the yellow caution flag, proceed but with caution.
We both just got our first and are feeling the same way but we are almost seeing the finish line at least.

I also agree with your other post about the documentation being what the border officials aren't trusting. I think there have been cases of people trying to come into the country with false papers. Better to be safe then sorry I think.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:57 PM   #140

My wife was pushed to receive the shot due to her work at a hospital. She had the shot and I have not.

She was with a patient yesterday and let him know that he could feel free to remove his mask if he would like. He actually had 2 masks on and he said he did not feel comfortable removing his mask. She then let him know that she had received the shot. He said he had received it also, but he still did not feel comfortable.

We have totally freaked out the society of this country.

How is this supposed to return to normal?

I am washing my hands and taking all the prudent precautions that a normal person with a understanding of good hygiene would recognize.

At this point, I fear this sickness no more than I do any others.
SlowJoe is offline   Reply
Closed Thread