Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2021, 09:46 PM   #99

After their immunity shot, the townsfolk felt the need for a long awaited hair cut.

OldWEB is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jesus was a shepherd. Have the people who follow him been duped?
Old 03-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #101

Newmar Owners Club
Here we are on an RV board talking about what should be a medical issue and people still can't resist making it political. This pandemic, and more importantly, people's reaction to it, have simply made me even more sure there's little or no hope for the republic. I've felt that way for years and it just keeps getting worse.

Wife and I got both our shots and do feel safer having done so. We will continue to wear a mask when in stores etc. mostly to protect others. Not a big deal, and it covers up my ugly face. Haven't been scaring children for months now!
DandyDon is offline   Reply
Old 04-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Watch the tone folks & don't start getting out of line with the I will or I won't get the vaccine. That's not the topic of this thread.
What is the topic of this thread?

The title asks how immune we feel.

The OP wanted to restrict posts to those that have been vaccinated. Since none of the vaccines provide immunity from the virus, the entire premise of the thread is invalid.

It was destined to go sideways from the beginning.
bentjm is offline   Reply
Old 04-01-2021, 02:56 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjm View Post
What is the topic of this thread?

The title asks how immune we feel.

The OP wanted to restrict posts to those that have been vaccinated. Since none of the vaccines provide immunity from the virus, the entire premise of the thread is invalid.

It was destined to go sideways from the beginning.

Not really...the question was how immune do we feel.... not how immune are we really.

So the question has merit and you premise may be irrelevant.

If pointing out errors of others, be careful of your own...and I am sure someone will point out the error in my opinion too.
Psneeld is online now   Reply
Old 04-08-2021, 08:56 PM   #104

Life is very odd at times, for the last yr I have tried to live by " What Not To Do" in regards to covid 19..frankly, I was feeling a bit smug/over secure for a while..read awhile. First, covid vaccination down 2 weeks ago..1 to go..7 days ago I was diagnosed with shingles.....Burning scratchy pain for a few days and raspberry on the small of my back..5 days later the pain is gone and the blemish is drying up things look much better.. So am i feeling immune? Sure why not what else could occur....
EyezOpen is offline   Reply
Old 04-08-2021, 10:12 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyezOpen View Post
Life is very odd at times, for the last yr I have tried to live by " What Not To Do" in regards to covid 19..frankly, I was feeling a bit smug/over secure for a while..read awhile. First, covid vaccination down 2 weeks ago..1 to go..7 days ago I was diagnosed with shingles.....Burning scratchy pain for a few days and raspberry on the small of my back..5 days later the pain is gone and the blemish is drying up things look much better.. So am i feeling immune? Sure why not what else could occur....
If you're suggesting that the vaccine gave you shingles there is no evidence of it and highly improbable. Shingles is related to chickenpox. Stress can bring on shingles. Your next vaccination should be for shingles.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...-shingles-link
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
If you're suggesting that the vaccine gave you shingles there is no evidence of it and highly improbable. Shingles is related to chickenpox. Stress can bring on shingles. Your next vaccination should be for shingles.

Ohh not at all, the vaccine was in no way related, the shingles were a byproduct to stress over time. I personally call it the covid malaise...after this next shot..i am done with the whole debacle and moving on with life.
EyezOpen is offline   Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife and have pretty much sequestered the past year due to being high risk group, and having underlying issues that add more risk.

Now fully vaccinated, we don't nessisarily feel fully immune to contracting COVID - but have high confidence if we would, hospitalization and death won't be the outcome.

We have resumed traveling and some outings for shopping and such. Still limiting exposure, wearing masks, etc.

A newscast the other week put it well I thought. The vaccines efficacy are 80-85% against contracting COVID, and 100% against dying from COVID.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's been three weeks since my second shot of Pfizer and I feel pretty good about it. My problem is my DW absolutely refuses to get the shot. Don't ask me why because I don't understand her rational. She just tells me that if she gets it she won't die from it and she'd rather not get it. I do not agree however.

The other thing is she refuses to be cautious. She had the family out for Easter and now one of them has tested positive. Probably got it at work.

I'm ready to go on with my life but fear for her. We're going out for dinner tonight but will take all the precautions as usual.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
It's been three weeks since my second shot of Pfizer and I feel pretty good about it. My problem is my DW absolutely refuses to get the shot. Don't ask me why because I don't understand her rational. She just tells me that if she gets it she won't die from it and she'd rather not get it. I do not agree however.

The other thing is she refuses to be cautious. She had the family out for Easter and now one of them has tested positive. Probably got it at work.

I'm ready to go on with my life but fear for her. We're going out for dinner tonight but will take all the precautions as usual.
"Honey, don't take this wrong but I took out a $1m life insurance policy on you."
Old 04-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #110

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
"Honey, don't take this wrong but I took out a $1m life insurance policy on you."
She's worth far more than that to me.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 08:16 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post

FYI. Mom's Second Shingrix shot was delayed out to the max until after she'd received the second CV19 Moderna shot. She'll be 91 in August.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
She's worth far more than that to me.
I'm sure she is!

Good luck and safe travels to your family.
Closed Thread