Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #281

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I also feel 90%+ protected. That’s pretty good odds. Second guessing immunizations can be dangerous. With an immunization, I have resumed normal activities with smart precautions being used along the way.
Heck, I may never get the common cold again. lol.

Yes, no cold or flu for the last 20 months. But wearing the mask so much has sure has my sinus go into overdrive for the last 16 months
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
This is a question for people that got vaccinated, not for people that won't get vaccinated or won't be "controlled" - please don't turn this into something it's not intended to be.

We got our shots pretty early in the process and from what I read here and on
other forum sites everyone is happy they got their vaccinations (us too).
So now, how immune do you feel as you mingle with people? Do you feel any different as far as being free to go where you want or maybe you now feel free to go without mask? Do you fear other people for not knowing their vacx status as they walk by you without a mask?

Do you still feel afraid to mingle? Do you still mask up when around anyone, whether they have been vax or not?
There are hundreds if not thousands of stories just like this mostly documented on facebook that one never sees on the "news" but there are 100s of cases where people like Kevin have what appears to be MS after being vaccinated, Somehow this is not reported on or even addressed, it is not a small number of people who have had ill effects... it is percentage wise the worst ill effects to a vaccine ever... I have followed the Kevin Street story because it's what was a normal heathy guy not relegated to attempt simple tasks... It's information that should be widely disseminated so that people can make an informed choice.

I didn’t post this yesterday, but Kevin took a fall, well, passed out and woke up on his face in the garage. Busted up tongue. I wasn’t going to post it, but this is the place I want to keep record of all things that has happened. Our dog Marley hasn’t left his side all day.
Lots of shaking, can’t walk, and now lock jaw the past few days. The pain this man endures is beyond my understand.
Today I’m sure he is sick of me, I’m in his face pretty much all day long, making sure he’s ok.
Love you Kevin Street
ponytl is offline   Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 08:14 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytl View Post
There are hundreds if not thousands of stories just like this mostly documented on facebook that one never sees on the "news" but there are 100s of cases where people like Kevin have what appears to be MS after being vaccinated, Somehow this is not reported on or even addressed, it is not a small number of people who have had ill effects... it is percentage wise the worst ill effects to a vaccine ever... I have followed the Kevin Street story because it's what was a normal heathy guy not relegated to attempt simple tasks... It's information that should be widely disseminated so that people can make an informed choice.

I didn’t post this yesterday, but Kevin took a fall, well, passed out and woke up on his face in the garage. Busted up tongue. I wasn’t going to post it, but this is the place I want to keep record of all things that has happened. Our dog Marley hasn’t left his side all day.
Lots of shaking, can’t walk, and now lock jaw the past few days. The pain this man endures is beyond my understand.
Today I’m sure he is sick of me, I’m in his face pretty much all day long, making sure he’s ok.
Love you Kevin Street
https://globalnews.ca/news/7959767/a...nuWn3FuzV4_P3E
ponytl is offline   Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 09:15 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytl View Post
With 5.5 billion COVID shots given world wide it’s no surprise we will see many stories of those who have had serious reactions. We also see many stories of people who refused to get a shot and ended up getting COVID and dying. All tragic. None of which has anything to do with this thread. The question is how immune do you feel? For me and my family, we feel much more at ease knowing we’ve followed the science and gotten vaccinated aged, wear masks in public indoor settings and do the best we can to social distance. We know we are still at risk of getting COVID but feel we’ve reduced our chances of a serious case should we get infected.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 09:26 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
With 5.5 billion COVID shots given world wide it’s no surprise we will see many stories of those who have had serious reactions. We also see many stories of people who refused to get a shot and ended up getting COVID and dying. All tragic. None of which has anything to do with this thread. The question is how immune do you feel? For me and my family, we feel much more at ease knowing we’ve followed the science and gotten vaccinated aged, wear masks in public indoor settings and do the best we can to social distance. We know we are still at risk of getting COVID but feel we’ve reduced our chances of a serious case should we get infected.
Or, with 5.5 billion doses given, people being diagnosed with MS, clots, etc. after a vaccine shot, just like 10's or hundreds of thousands are diagnosed with those diseases/syndromes annually without the shot.

That's the problem with anecdotal evidence and jumping to causal effects based on the anecdotal evidence, rarely does it turn out to be accurate.

Time will tell. We are running a worldwide trial, but anyone and everyone understands why it was done. Without the lockdowns, rushed vaccine, etc., medical systems all across the country and world would have collapsed, and millions would have died not just of covid, but otherwise preventable emergency procedures.

So, no doubt like with any drug there will be rare, serious complications. However, there will be far more false cause/effect issues blamed on the vaccines.

By any measure, based on all the evidence in front of us, any serious (or non serious) complications of the vaccine pale in comparison to the havoc Covid has wrought on this country and the world.

What's worse is that this wave isn't just the old and immuno compromised, now it's healthy people in their 30s, 40s and 50s -- it's kids.

To the original question, I don't feel "immune" with my two shots, and will get a booster when available, and still know that it doesn't prevent me from catching Covid, but hope it lessens the severity --- and based on the fact that 85-90% of the people in hospitals/ICUs are unvaccinated, the evidence is that it does lessen the severity.
tnedator is offline   Reply
Closed Thread