Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2020, 09:06 PM   #1

States planning to reopen

https://www.foxnews.com/us/which-sta...ng-coronavirus

List of states planning to reopen late April early May barring surprises. Basically the center of the country with some holes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #2

Yeah, the "what, me worry?" states. Some of them have done fairly well at flattening the curve and keeping hospitals from being overwhelmed, others have created their very own covid hotspots. Those places where the peak has yet to occur, and which "open up" anyway are likely to be the hotspots for Wave 2 of covid and could be in communities with limited ICU facilities where more than a hand full of patients would overwhelm the resources. That curve needs to be flattened, too.

The public appears to be apprehensive about large scale re-openings, too. Even in China where some have been under stay at home for 3 months, consumers are not running back to retailers and restaurants.

From the public health standpoint most of these places would probably benefit from another couple weeks of social distancing. From the social/economic perspective, it's tedious and the additional financial impact on those who cannot work or do business because of shutdowns, is painful to devastating.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/which-sta...ng-coronavirus

List of states planning to reopen late April early May barring surprises. Basically the center of the country with some holes.
Finally!
Old 04-17-2020, 10:17 PM   #4

"Yeah, the "what, me worry?" states."

It ought to be possible to worry about catastrophic economic ruin without being called ignorant rubes by people who don't live here.

But, I guess that's just our new social paradigm.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 04-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
My grave concern is the apparent willingness of some "leaders" to play Russian Roulette with our health and safety based on what they want instead of what is prudent.

Instead of common sense and logical decisions, we're having "We'll see what happens" speculation.

For the foreseeable future, the DW and I will be wearing our masks when out in public.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:03 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
The list is helpful in that it lets us know where the potential hot spots will be.

This is the epitome of the basic differences in philosophy. What is more important profits or people.

Remember, it is possible to get another job but not another life.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH3rd View Post
The list is helpful in that it lets us know where the potential hot spots will be.

This is the epitome of the basic differences in philosophy. What is more important profits or people.

Remember, it is possible to get another job but not another life.
If you let the economy drop too far, it won't recover for decades. People will starve. Far more deadly viruses and diseases will run rampant. Worrying about the economy is worrying about keeping people alive. It's not a people vs profit thing.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:53 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
My grave concern is the apparent willingness of some "leaders" to play Russian Roulette with our health and safety based on what they want instead of what is prudent.

Instead of common sense and logical decisions, we're having "We'll see what happens" speculation.

For the foreseeable future, the DW and I will be wearing our masks when out in public.
Good for you !

I also live in an area where there is few people infected. As a lifelong smoker, I may not survive this virus. I too wear a mask anytime I'm in public.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
"Yeah, the "what, me worry?" states."

It ought to be possible to worry about catastrophic economic ruin without being called ignorant rubes by people who don't live here.

But, I guess that's just our new social paradigm.
Amen
Old 04-18-2020, 06:11 AM   #10

Amazing how many don't realize all the food really doesn't come from China, we actually have to grow and process most of it in the US

Hard to do that sitting at home

[Mod Edit]
Old 04-18-2020, 06:18 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I guess time will tell who was right, wrong, or indifferent.

The only countries that have had any success in controlling the virus have implemented stricter restrictions at the start of the pandemic, more initial testing, and contact tracing. Even still these countries continue to see cases.

It till only takes one individual to go unchecked to spread the virus. I believe that the meat packing facility with +500 cases has traced one individual that infected +100 people. It just snowballed from there.

The number of people that have had the virus but show no symptoms is very high, meaning these people could be spreading the virus and not really know they have it. So, until we get substantially better and testing, social tracing, and enforcing quarantine this virus will not go away.

So for the time being my wife and I are planning to just continue to hunker down and only go out for necessary supplies. We also are in the process of planting a garden and contemplating possibly raising chickens as a food source.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:39 AM   #12

Well, yesterday Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced that ALL TX State Parks will reopen o Monday, April 20, 2020. It will be very interesting to see how many venture out. The DW and I won't be venturing out anytime soon. I can just imagine what some of those parks are going to look like on Memorial Day weekend! If you've ever driven into the Day Use areas on a holiday weekend, it's impossible to think those folks will be maintaining social distancing. Highlight the link, click on it and the story's on the upper right hand corner: https://www.click2houston.com/
Old 04-18-2020, 06:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
[Mod Edit]
Yep, for those of us who aren't compelled to return to work, best to stay hunkered down and not contribute to the problem. Exercise a few more weeks of self control until we see how the "reopening" works out.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:10 AM   #14

States planning to reopen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Amazing how many don't realize all the food really doesn't come from China, we actually have to grow and process most of it in the US

Hard to do that sitting at home

[Mod Edit]

Last I heard farming is an essential service and has no restrictions. Of course that’s in my real world. In fact as I type this they are fertilizing the field in back of my house.Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1,002.1 KB
ID:	282017 At your request I’ll shut up for now. [emoji849]
Closed Thread