Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2021, 04:41 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPlum View Post
I can say with 100% certainty you won't get Covid from the event.
... and how do you know that for 100%?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2021, 04:51 PM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Went today. Lot of people. Everyone wore masks due to requirement. Vendors next to each other in exhibit building. People tried not to have too many in a coach at atin=me but it didn't always work. I have never been to this show. Have attended Hershey, PA. Attendance today rivaled Hershey before Covid.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #59
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
If anyone went to the first day today, would you please post on how the crowds were and how you felt inside? Such as whether the booths were appropriately spread out, occupancy was limited, or was it just a free for all?
Well, I can report on the second day, Thursday.

We got there about 10:45 AM and the line of cars was noticeably shorter than last year on Thursday. We pulled right in and were only a few hundred feet from the parking fee booths when we had to stop.

We were not parked nearly as far away as we were last year. It was an easy walk to the entrance, even pulling our Golden Retriever in her wagon. Last year the trollies, which were again running this year, were welcome because we were parked so far away.

The inside booths were spaced exactly as last year, right next to each other. I was hoping they would spread them out but they probably had already contracted that space out in the other hall. The inside vendor space appeared as full of vendors as last year.

The inside crowds, if they were down, were not down much. Still a lot of people blocking aisles talking to other people, long discussions at booths, and people just slowly browsing. Definitely not wall-to-wall people, though.

Mask compliance was very, very high. A few people were walking around the inside hall while eating with their mask pulled down but that and two Covidiots was it when I was inside. Personally, I would have taken the food outdoors but whatever.

I spent about 30 minutes inside, far less than last year but a bit longer than I wanted. Sun RV, which had a large presence last year, was absent.

Outside the crowds appears about the same as last year, a lot of people but not overcrowded. Except for people eating outside, the number of people walking around with their mask pulled down or off probably numbered less than 10. In other words, darn near everyone was fully wearing their mask outdoors while walking around during the 3+ hours we were outside.

We were there about four hours total and I think I saw five Covidiots, people inside an RV or inside the building without a mask. The two Covidiots inside a motorhome talking to the salesperson caused me to turn around and leave. That was disappointing. Not cool, LazyDays. Your salesperson should have taken them outside.

While the RV's had signs saying "Only 3 people or one family inside" no one enforced it that I saw.

That being said, attendees appeared to be self-enforcing by waiting outside at the door. Several times we saw people start to go into an RV, come back out, and wait outside for the people inside to exit.

A fellow with the FRVTA said they are down about 200 RV's and some vendors such as Sun RV and Camping World but it seemed like all of the biggies were there. He said that based on today's crowds they will see a lot more people on the weekend, as usual.

Ray
Old 01-14-2021, 05:15 PM   #60

I have gone every year for the last 5 years, today was by far the least crowded I have ever seen it (although usually go on weekends), which was nice, almost everyone wearing mask inside RV etc and limiting number inside an RV at once, but not heavily enforced at all.

Was torn about going definitely a risk but glad I did, thinking the numbers will be way down also some brands not there at all like Airstream and Newell and Thor missing a lot of models, which was unusual, things where a little more spread out, again nice.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:49 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I love all types of shows.......but for the next few months I'll pass. Maybe this summer will look a little better.....I hope.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:41 PM   #62

YooToob Vlogger Andrew Steele reports that Newell made a last minute decision to not send their new show coach and staff to Tampa.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:57 PM   #63
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
... and how do you know that for 100%?
You took that sentence out of context. It was part of a paragraph that was addressing people who chose not to go.

If they choose to not attend the event, he can guarantee those people will not catch Covid from that event.

Please do not start with "Well, you might catch COVID from someone who did go!"

Ray
Old 01-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
You took that sentence out of context. It was part of a paragraph that was addressing people who chose not to go.

If they choose to not attend the event, he can guarantee those people will not catch Covid from that event.

Please do not start with "Well, you might catch COVID from someone who did go!"

Ray
This!
For those that make the choice not to attend. You won't get Covid at the event.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:05 PM   #65

Sorry SilverPlum.... I did read your post too fast.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:57 AM   #66

Traveling Robert is doing some fun videos at the show for those that chose to stay home!
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Sorry SilverPlum.... I did read your post too fast.

I thought the same thing as you did initially. The post could have been worded better.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #68
Community Moderator

We have been at the show staying at the NKK rally area, and overall I think it was a fun and safe event.

We used common sense and avoided the vendor buildings during the most crowded times....(better to go after 3pm most days)

Also we would not go in a RV if other people were in there....I did have to scold a few people trying to enter while we were in the rigs....every RV clearly has a sign on it limiting entry to one family at a time....although we never saw any salespeople trying to enforce the rules.

Mask compliance was very high overall.

We are avoiding the show on Saturday and Sunday when crowds are expected to be highest.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:41 AM   #69

How many Newmar coaches were on display? Last year was 51.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #70

Went Friday and Sunday. I did not feel this was a super spreader type of atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities to avoid close in contact, sanitation stations everywhere, well posted COVID-19 mitigation "rules", mostly abided by. Mask compliance very high. Not crowded on our two full day visits, but Saturday was reportedly much more crowded.

Thor had none of their high-end gassers there, the Challenger and the Miramar.

Sales people were universally confiding that the lack of units to show was hurting their sales. I had a list of 15 "must see" motorhomes, and only found 9.

The muffler free Camping World airplane flew almost nonstop over the event, dragging a banner saying "we can see your high prices from here". Camping World was not an exhibitor at the event and this caused me to further strike them from the possibility of ever getting another penny from me. Pretty crappy tactic IMHO.

On a good note, I think we may order a Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40G this year. Anyone else out there have one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210115_142443.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	314861Click image for larger version

Name:	20210115_100610.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	314862Click image for larger version

Name:	20210117_143145.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	71.1 KB