Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conesus1 View Post
Reading articles this morning China has begun to threaten US drug supplies.
Currently according to those articles, the manufacturing of ingredients used in the pharmacy industry, near 80% comes from China.
*shrug* First part false, second part true. SO WHAT to both.

This is the same, contentless nationalistic propaganda as in the article that started this topic, except this comment doesn't bother to even offer the links to what he read. Nothing new, little true. It's all been debunked in the course of the comments here, and now we're rising and repeating based on less information than we had the first time through.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
If the U.S. gets alot of the ingredients for their drugs from China, wouldn't be safe to think that Mexico and Canada do as well? If there will be shortages in the U.S. then I think Mexico and Canada will be in the same boat!
Old 03-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodekyll View Post
*shrug* First part false, second part true. SO WHAT to both.

This is the same, contentless nationalistic propaganda as in the article that started this topic, except this comment doesn't bother to even offer the links to what he read. Nothing new, little true. It's all been debunked in the course of the comments here, and now we're rising and repeating based on less information than we had the first time through.

Guess you dont read the news.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chines...onavirus-drugs
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...eutical-supply
https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...us-china-drugs
https://www.cfr.org/blog/us-dependen...products-china
Old 03-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #32

Yeah, I read them. I see that you can't pick out anything in them that supports the argument. Just flinging links doesn't make your case. I repeat my question -- SO WHAT?

The FAUX news piece is one of the examples I already mentioned of spinning facts to create the hysteria and fear in their audience that they desire. When you brush away the adjectives and opinion, there's no content.

The NPR article doesn't support the claim that the Chinese are threatening to stop the production of pharmaceutical ingredients.

The LATIMES article doesn't support it either.

the CFR blog has been cited in other comments (maybe not in this topic). It talks about IF the Chinese wanted to disrupt drug supplies, but it's speculation. CFR describes the Chinese/US drug connection as ridden with problems, but "weaponizing" pharmaceutical supplies isn't one of them.

None of them have any statement from any Chinese official saying that China is going to cut off your boner pills or baby aspirin. None of them say that there is any current shortage of any critical drug ingredients. None of them say that any such shortages are part of any Chinese plan to sicken and kill Americans. If you think they do, show us where.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
Really? You must have skipped the reading part. The FNC article makes it clear.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #34

Someone pissed in his corn flakes today!!!

Old 03-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
Really? You must have skipped the reading part. The FNC article makes it clear.
No, you skipped the part where you need to show evidence. I read the faux news article. I say it's not there. Show it or stop.

I see you can't defend the other three articles, either.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #36

Freightliner Owners Club
“Faux news”, now I understand. The article clearly states that the Chinese implied that supplies could be curtailed. I guess globalists will never understand.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:57 PM   #37

Quote:
“Faux news”, now I understand. The article clearly states that the Chinese implied that supplies could be curtailed. I guess globalists will never understand.
The claim is that the Chinese Government is clearly threatening the USA with cutting off our critical drug supply. But weasel words "implied" and "could be" don't lend themselves to a clear statement of anything. Which of "the Chinese" said that? What were his words?

Again, if you're going to make these claims, let's see the quotes you're basing them on. The article fails to document its claims, and so do you.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #38
tcg

Quote:
From the Fox article, here is the link to the story they are referencing. Fox conveniently left out the context. Here is the next paragraph in the article they are talking about. It appears they are saying they could retaliate against the US but they won't.

I'm not defending China, I'm just posting the rest of the story.

From the Fox source...

However, there is a great love in the world. The Chinese people and the Chinese government have never done so. They have not insulted the United States, nor have they banned the export of masks and medicines to the United States. As China ’s new crown pneumonia epidemic is gradually controlled, China ’s ability to export masks and medicines Will be greatly enhanced, and the United States is one of the demand side.

https://translate.google.com/transla...1125660473.htm
Old 03-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #39

Freightliner Owners Club
Your choice! Hope your trust in the Communist Chinese government to tell the truth works for you. Me, not a chance that I would trust them.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #40

Freightliner Owners Club
You silly boy, China is not our friend.
Closed Thread