Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2020, 06:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
We have Canadian friends that are concerned about COVID and insurance so they keep asking us why we're still going. I sent them these stats two days ago. Fortunately, Florida breaks out resident versus non-resident stats. Our next stop is Citra, just north of Ocala, for the remainder of November.

Marion County – Citra, FL - 33 non-residents tested positive - 11,838 residents tested positive – 372,497 total population
3.2% total infection rate
Nine hundredths of one percent non-resident infection rate SINCE DAY ONE

Collier County – Naples, FL in December – 269 non-residents tested positive - 15,848 residents tested positive - 390,744 total population
4.1% total infection rate
7.6 hundredths of one percent non-resident infection rate SINCE DAY ONE

Manatee County – Bradenton, FL – 182 non-residents tested positive, 14,858 residents tested positive – 413,665 total population
3.6% total infection rate
4.4 hundredths of one percent non-resident infection rate SINCE DAY ONE

Citrus County – Crystal River - 18 non-residents tested positive, 3,999 residents tested positive – 152,763 total population
2.6% total infection rate
1.2 hundredths of one percent non-resident infection rate SINCE DAY ONE

Ontario, Canada
14,745,040 total population
98,162 tested positive
6.7 tenths of one percent infection rate SINCE DAY ONE

As others noted, we also believe that it's more your behavior that determines your risk when RV'ing.

The fact that many authorities are reporting the total number of infections since Day One instead of "Infections in the last 30 days" as their primary number, with Day One probably eight months ago, makes me think the stats are skewed. Of course, math means nothing if you or a loved one gets infected...

FWIW,

Ray
without knowing how many non residents are in a county, the non resident data is meaningless as far as trying to determine if is safe for non residents
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I live in FL and our rate have increased mainly because people are coming here on vacation and that is what they are doing, vacationing. No social distancing, I am on "vacation". It's not you you have to worry about, it's everyone around you that is on "vacation". Where did they just come from, who were they in contact with?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
We have been basically self isolating since March as we currently can not get back to our home in the Dominican Republic

Currently until maybe March we are stationary in a nice RV residential park in Arcadia FL where again we can self isolate. However there are not positive cases in our "resort". We have been here for 2 weeks so far and have socialized with NO ONE. Not the way we normally iive but this is the way of the world for the near future. We feel safe but then were are not socializing.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:52 AM   #18

If I get hit by the proverbial bus in one of the listed counties, I don't think it matters if I'm a local or a visitor if all the ICU beds are taken when they wheel me in.

Mask up,, wash your hands, and social distance wherever you land is most important. Don't do like many of the visitors do here and leave your common sense at home.

I heard a man without a mask tell the clerk at the post office that it was okay he tested negative. Don't be that person.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Today Canada extended the border closure, missed the new end date.
I found the date, Canada border closed until Dec. 21, 2020 https://twitter.com/CanBorderPAC
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Good points
Old 11-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #21
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
without knowing how many non residents are in a county, the non resident data is meaningless as far as trying to determine if is safe for non residents
Why are you thinking that? I figure non-residents are not going to cause a materially significant increase in the total population, especially over the summer when it's far hotter than in the winter. Especially on a per-county basis.

Ray
Old 11-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I found the date, Canada border closed until Dec. 21, 2020 https://twitter.com/CanBorderPAC
Do you think Canada will let the closure laps? I'm thinking it will be extended. Tikhey can not afford to open the covid flood gates with the USA.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
Do you think Canada will let the closure laps? I'm thinking it will be extended. Tikhey can not afford to open the covid flood gates with the USA.
It is data-driven, any opinion is wrong or a very lucky guess.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:35 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
RE: Canadian border closure. How RV'ers and others avoid it.
https://www.mynbc5.com/article/how-c...XTYPh_5srC8xM#

Tags
florida