Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The side effects of social distancing

What really scares me about the current virus crisis is the long lasting side effects caused by lockdowns, school closures and chemical sanitation.

Domestic violence incidents are up and going higher.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/domesti...ses-worldwide/

What are the risks associated with using so much hand sanitizer and spray cleaners?

https://www.eatthis.com/hand-sanitizer-side-effects/

I worry about the cost this is having on our country’s mental health.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...substance-use/

Is this our "new normal" or are we going to be living in a constant state of chaos and fear? What are you doing to stay sane?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
What are you doing to stay sane?
I read this forum, but it's barely working !
Old 07-24-2020, 12:21 PM   #3

Is this our "new normal" or are we going to be living in a constant state of chaos and fear? What are you doing to stay sane?

White liquor and lots of it!!
Old 07-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #4

So, I was watching "My cat from hell" and the guy on there mention his calls and requests for help with their "cats from hell" are WAY up.

The show host stated that cats liked their freedom, and routine. Which includes the routine of you being gone for 8-10 hours a day. Luckily my indoor kitty that's 19 going on 20 years old is an angel. She sits right next to me every day when I work from home. She occasionally gets on my lap then wraps her tail around my arm which is catspeak for putting their arm around you or hugging you. So my kitty is the opposite. She loves when I am home, because she loves to spend almost every waking hour next to me. Literally she is within 5 feet of me for approx 23 hours a day (whether sleeping or walking around).

I can see why domestic violence is up [Mod Edit] since people are generally staying home.

My biggest worry is that I am not exposed to any colds or "stomach germs", which means I will probably get sick more often when we finally get out, and I could have more upset stomachs from food. That part worries me.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yard work,,, 2 days
RV and toy clean,,,, 2 days
Housework,,,,2 days
Out with the pups 1 day
Other time filled in with walks and talking with friends and neighbors.

I don't do parties, restaurants, I don't do any large groups or meeting lots of people or strange places. RV travel is out for now.

I can keep going like this but not sure it's worth it.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #6

I notice I've been beating my wife a lot more(only kidding ) All those other things I'm not that worried about. We'll get through it. If you don't have your health you have nothing. I'm actually enjoying some of the changes, like teleconferencing with the doctor. Saves time and gas.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:12 PM   #7

A lot of 'bad stuff' wasn't increasing for the first few weeks of "stay at home". Then DV started upticking. Now following that trend is opioid overdose deaths.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Yard work,,, 2 days
RV and toy clean,,,, 2 days
Housework,,,,2 days
Out with the pups 1 day
Other time filled in with walks and talking with friends and neighbors.

I don't do parties, restaurants, I don't do any large groups or meeting lots of people or strange places. RV travel is out for now.

I can keep going like this but not sure it's worth it.
What I would give to be busy again at home. I don't want to fire my housekeeper or gardeners though, because I am sure their probably struggling too. All three of my Lhasa Apsos died (2019/2020), but I do have my indoor and outdoor cat. I was looking at another dog but I wanted to make sure I get him before I go full time so it's easier to train him and get used to the RV life.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #9

On the plus side. People avoid you, so I don’t have to interact with strangers or make inane small talk.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #10

Guess it depends if you are an introvert or an extrovert
Old 07-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As a Boomer, I find myself wondering what effect this virus would have had on people my age (66), when we were in our teens and 20's (1960's & 70's). Imagine, no internet, no cell phone, no cable, only three TV channels, no Kindles, no streaming Netflix, (no Netflix!), no Amazon, no Facebook, no Twitter, no social media of any kind...the list goes on.
I don't know about you, but I'm fine!
Old 07-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
New normal?

We have changed very little in our plans and activities all this year. We completed working on the church we were volunteering to build along with 30 others in our group but no one from outside came to project. We have seen doctors and dentists ( with going through their COVID requirements ) also had test done at VA. Have driven through 9 states and plan on driving through 5 more. We are spending a month in central Colorado and will spend a month in Wyoming. There are times we have to put on masks. There are some distancing regulations at church and rv park functions I do not plan on wearing a mask the rest of my life and We will get back to our old normal.

https://www.eatthis.com/hand-sanitizer-side-effects/

I worry about the cost this is having on our country’s mental health.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...substance-use/

Is this our "new normal" or are we going to be living in a constant state of chaos and fear? What are you doing to stay sane?[/QUOTE]
Old 07-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I notice I've been beating my wife a lot more ...

I've beat my wife often everyday. Rummy, cribbage, monopoly, hearts, and some others. Maybe she's more worn out than me after we've been bouncing off of the walls for 4 months.

One problem though, our dog is developing separation anxiety because of the close quarters for so long.

Stay safe everyone.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #14

In talking to friends I think people are beginning to rediscover the simpler things in life. You can't worry about everything or feel you have to look over your shoulder all the time for something bad to occur. Why go through that if it's out of your hands. Do all you can and move on; that's all you can do.
Closed Thread