Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #43

How many hundreds of thousands tested positive like [Mod Edit] that never had it? How many deaths labeled virus that were not caused by it? Do what you feel best but don’t believe a lot of the hype. Use common sense even though it is in short supply.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
How many hundreds of thousands tested positive like [Mod Edit] that never had it? How many deaths labeled virus that were not caused by it? Do what you feel best but don’t believe a lot of the hype. Use common sense even though it is in short supply.
Problem is there plenty of people dieing from it that aren’t counted as having it too. Overall I doubt the numbers being under and over counted are any larger than expected margin of error. It’s not hype that this thing is dangerous. It’s also not so dangerous if you do the simple thing of wearing a mask and not standing next to people you don’t live with or see daily for any extended period of time. And to not go out if you aren’t feeling good.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Newsomes View Post
I believe that's what we also determined in 1918.

No that's not true, they didn't have the ability to make N95+ masks in 1918 and some country's are hoping for Herd immunity not that they don't think masks don't work...

You can believe in Science or deny it at you own risk. But that's just being stupid when it costs you next to nothing to take precautions. Just ask those in South Korea.

If we had leadership and did the same things as South Korea did we would not be in this position.

We will have 10's of thousands of more deaths and long term issues unless we start following 99% of the Scientists advice.

Or follow the idiot 1% that believe in Alien sperm etc that our leader thinks is great.

Rant over as some of you will not listen or learn no matter what happens until its to late.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #46

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
forget CNN they want to change gov.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
It seems like every morning I wake up with a sore throat, or a cough, or a head ache or whatever and immediately go into paranoid mode, thinking about where I’d been, who I’d been in contact with, what I’d done to possibly expose myself, etc. Then I have a cup of coffee, realize I was probably snoring, read this forum and some other news stuff, feel better and go on with my day.

The misinformation and contradictions from the media and officials, and all the idiotic social media stuff has us far more worried than is warranted. What a disservice those in a position to inform have done us all with their agendas, arrogance, and ignorance! It’s unforgivable and we should never forget how this crisis has been misused, and act accordingly.

So I’m not participating in this covid deal any more. I’m done. I doubt I’ll get sick and if I do I’ll weather the storm. But I’m not going to live my live around opinions from a bunch of fallacious, misleading, hypocritical, dishonest members or the media or public figures.
So true. You don't know what, or even who to believe.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #48

If YOU had a mask and HE had a mask, there’s no way for his fluids to get to you. Nothing to worry about. Remember, the masks are barriers that keep in/out the fluids that might infect you.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
And how many didn't get tested because they didn't feel sick enough, or how many false-negatives, or... or... or...

It doesn't help that individual states statistical systems don't work identically (making aggregating data difficult), that there are delays in reporting within a state, and that the number can change as cases area reviewed post mortem.

Closing thought: It's been 102 years since the "Spanish" flu pandemic but we've not learned from history.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #50

No...not true the virus is so small that even a N95 won't stop it . It can stay air born and enter you eyes or ears..do the research

Anything is better than nothing yes but not a guarantee of protection.

Masks and social distancing helps but not 100% effective. But if we followed the guidelines we would have a much better outcome that what we will have.

Get facts not talking points by those that don't care.
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Unless we have a national mandate to wear mask and social distance many will not do this. They claim if infringes on their freedom. It seemed to me that they forget that freedom does not come free.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:56 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
Last Friday, I went to our local tire store to buy a new set of tires
for the pickup. I was in the store for 5 minutes, had a mask on the entire
time and used hand sanitizer before and after. Manager also had a mask on during the entire exchange.

Today, my sil and I met at the store to leave the truck for tomorrow.
There was a sign on the door indicating that the store was closed and to
call their other branch. I called and they said to bring the
truck up and they would get the tires and install them. So we did. I asked
the guy in the store if the manager was the one who got sick. He said he was. Got sick over the weekend. (He said he was not supposed to tell me who got sick.)

I interacted with this guy for only a few minutes. Never got too close. He
did print a quote and hand it to me. I approved and handed it back and he
threw it away. I called my doctor who wants me, my wife and our son to quarantine and get tested. We're all our risk (age for me and wife and our son is special needs). Apparently Walgreens has set up a testing facility near which produces a blood result in a few hours. We will go tomorrow
and see what happens. We're not sure if a negative test tomorrow is the final answer.

Supposed to head to the beach with the grandkids this weekend. That looks out for now.

If I had not followed through, I would have never known. Hope we're worried for no reason but it sure makes plans change.
I’m not sure about these Covid tests! Look at what happened with the Governor of OH. One day he tested positive the next day he tested negative. This whole Covid thing makes no sense...
Old 08-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsod48 View Post
It seemed to me that they forget that freedom does not come free.
People forget this all important fact.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #54

Getting embroiled in the fog of numbers is wasted energy. Just remember the media hype is to impress those deniers and tuff guys out there of the fact that this is a very serious virus for which there is no cure nor a sure fire treatment so that we take prevention more seriously.The one thing that should concern all of us is the death rate per hundred of population which puts us out there as the worst country in the world. We all know the reason for that so don't kid yourself, you can't fix stupid!
We are not all the same therefore there is no way anyone can predict wether we will get it or how bad it will be but keep in mind Dead is Dead so do your part to stay safe and keep those around you safe, as I for one still have stuff to do!
Old 08-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkahauts View Post
Problem is there plenty of people dieing from it that aren’t counted as having it too. Overall I doubt the numbers being under and over counted are any larger than expected margin of error. It’s not hype that this thing is dangerous. It’s also not so dangerous if you do the simple thing of wearing a mask and not standing next to people you don’t live with or see daily for any extended period of time. And to not go out if you aren’t feeling good.

Not true. Everyone that walks into an ER or is ambulated in gets a swab if they show/admit to any symptoms fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, respiratory related issue etc. Everyone.

As far as dangerous. One has more than a 99.6+ chance of NOT dying from COVID. IOW...not dangerous. How would you take those odds as a gambler in Vegas for winning? Far more things in daily life to worry about (no one really worries though).

IMO...if your worried. Stay home, bolt your doors, invite no one over, leave the home for nothing.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:19 PM   #56

I think people are doing pretty good here to avoid the polemic fighting that is tearing apart our country. The number of reported cases may be overstated as mentioned, but it is also likely that millions of cases are going unreported, as healthy people shrug it off. Maybe more important is the positivity rate and the deaths. When 1,000 people are dead from this every morning as we wake up, we need to demand more from our governments.

It is pretty clear that test accuracy has to get better. This is responsibility of FDA. A wealthy country like ours should be doing much better. And let's not get bored or complacent because so many are able to shrug it off. None of the 1,000 that died yesterday, many in isolation with tubes in every orifice, were able to share their stories with us on this forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
rust