Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2020, 10:53 PM   #15
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTS View Post
Sure am glad I bought mine locally here in CO in December so I didnt have to worry about traveling. The couple of grand I would have saved by buying closer to the factory would get chewed up with fuel and aggravation.

But hindsight is 20/20, I almost wish I would have held off until now.
Another couple of weeks of this silliness and dealers are going to be VERY motivated to move inventory off of their lots.
Would almost be worth waiting a couple of weeks to see how things pan out.
You might be able to save serious money.
Did you already seal the deal with financing etc? If not playing "cold feet" may work tremendously in your favor.
I know it sounds crummy but it's your money. Unless you are locked in on the deal (signed deal) you owe the dealer nothing.
Silliness....I wouldn’t call people dying all over the world silly, not seeing our grandkids for 14 days is sure not silliness. Closing the longest undefended border to nonessential travel is not silly. I don’t think people who are not working because of what you call “ silliness” are very happy.

There is always one person who would like to take advantage of a motivated
person during a world pandemic or a catastrophe...I say no more.

This is serious times and there is no time for your silly comments....

Be nice, be respectful and if your not feeling well stay home.

With respect

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2020, 12:16 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You asked about traveling to get a trailer you probably wont be using for a while in the beginning of a world wide pandemic. Things have changed daily. The number of people that will be sick has never been seen before. The odds of you taking something home besides your new trailer is high. This is very serious. As serious as a world war. The governor of Calif has said 25 million could be getting this and 2% might not make it. So my advice to you and anyone else thinking of taking out the rig is Stay home. Stay home because we don't have any extra people to rescue you from anything that could happen. Every place you stop you will be putting ypurself and others at risk. Stay Home.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:54 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We're on our way back to Ontario Canada now. Currently in Arkansas. Will cross mid-America (TN,KY,OH) to PA,NY and the border at Buffalo. Travel Health Insurance is still good. Have checked all the campgrounds along the way to verify that they are still open (they are, so far!). I wear gloves when fueling, and we don't need to do anymore grocery shopping. Will not eat out. Think we'll make it!!
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:24 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Silliness....I wouldn’t call people dying all over the world silly, not seeing our grandkids for 14 days is sure not silliness. Closing the longest undefended border to nonessential travel is not silly. I don’t think people who are not working because of what you call “ silliness” are very happy.

There is always one person who would like to take advantage of a motivated
person during a world pandemic or a catastrophe...I say no more.

This is serious times and there is no time for your silly comments....

Be nice, be respectful and if your not feeling well stay home.

With respect

Coops

Uhmmm, I will break this to you in the gentlest way I know how.
People die all over the world every day.

"Silliness", absolutely.

Lets look at some facts
2010- H1N1 aka "Swine flu"
60 million cases in the US.
275,000 hospitalizations.
12,500 deaths directly attributable to H1N1.
.02% mortality rate.
More people died from in home accidents in 2010.

Nobody got wrapped around the axle with that one, as long as people took reasonable precautions it was a manageable "outbreak" of a virus that progressed naturally.
On any given day there are well over 100 virus's that circulate throughout the world.
Corona has been around for decades,it cycles annually just as the common cold and flu does, 90% of the people exposed to it recover with common OTC symptom control.
The data espoused in the media on COVID19 is flawed and inaccurate.
So far the mortal cases have only affected segments of the population whose health is already compromised, just like the annual flu and strep bugs do.
A fatality is tested, found to have the corona virus and immediately the causative factor is Corona.
No mention is ever made that they were a smoker for 40 years and had emphysema, tuberculosis, cancer, diabetes or the like.
Flawed data.

Is it a nasty bug that bears paying attention to?
Absolutely.
Is it a nasty bug that bears taking certain protocols against?
Absolutely.
Will it place a strain on healthcare systems?
Absolutely.

Does it bear devastating an entire economy?
Absolutely not.
Does it bear imposing authoritarian rule over businesses and individual liberty?
Absolutely not.

The media, hype and hysteria surrounding COVID19 will prove more dangerous than the virus.
Never underestimate the stupidity of humans en mass.

That is the silliness I am speaking of.

This video lays it out very well, maybe not the most appropriate of verbage but this guy nailed it 20 years ago.
[mod edit]
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Uhmmm, I will break this to you in the gentlest way I know how.
People die all over the world every day.

"Silliness", absolutely.

Lets look at some facts
2010- H1N1 aka "Swine flu"
60 million cases in the US.
275,000 hospitalizations.
12,500 deaths directly attributable to H1N1.
.02% mortality rate.
More people died from in home accidents in 2010.

Nobody got wrapped around the axle with that one, as long as people took reasonable precautions it was a manageable "outbreak" of a virus that progressed naturally.
On any given day there are well over 100 virus's that circulate throughout the world.
Corona has been around for decades,it cycles annually just as the common cold and flu does, 90% of the people exposed to it recover with common OTC symptom control.
The data espoused in the media on COVID19 is flawed and inaccurate.
So far the mortal cases have only affected segments of the population whose health is already compromised, just like the annual flu and strep bugs do.
A fatality is tested, found to have the corona virus and immediately the causative factor is Corona.
No mention is ever made that they were a smoker for 40 years and had emphysema, tuberculosis, cancer, diabetes or the like.
Flawed data.

Is it a nasty bug that bears paying attention to?
Absolutely.
Is it a nasty bug that bears taking certain protocols against?
Absolutely.
Will it place a strain on healthcare systems?
Absolutely.

Does it bear devastating an entire economy?
Absolutely not.
Does it bear imposing authoritarian rule over businesses and individual liberty?
Absolutely not.

The media, hype and hysteria surrounding COVID19 will prove more dangerous than the virus.
Never underestimate the stupidity of humans en mass.

That is the silliness I am speaking of.

This video lays it out very well, maybe not the most appropriate of verbage but this guy nailed it 20 years ago.

[mod edit]
Why did so many did from the 2009-2010 H1N1 Flu? Because there were no restrictions on anything.
18,00 died this year from the flu and thats with a vaccine and some immunity.
1 to 1.5 infection rate for the H1N1
1-2.5 infection rate for the Covid-19

Population in 2010 308,745,538
Population in 2020 332,639,000
32M more to get infected and with a 2-3% mortality rate thats 640,000+ without any restrictions.
Hospitalization rates are only 2% for the H1N1. It's 19% for Covid.
Our healthcare systems would crash. We would be the same as Italy with people dying from lack of medical attention.

I guess we could do nothing and let it run through our population and have a scenario like 2009-2010 where 18,000 died.
18,000 died this year so add another 18,000+.
36,000 deaths. Thats being very conservative.
Also the H1N1 ran for a year. We're only at 3 weeks or so. I think the 1st cases were early March.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #20
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
BPTS,,,,Please be nice, please be kind...and most of all be respective and help those who need help in this time of worries.

Keep smiling.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
BPTS,,,,Please be nice, please be kind...and most of all be respective and help those who need help in this time of worries.

Keep smiling.

Coops
As with any "conversation" in anything other than face to face it is easy to not understand the context of a conversation.

I'm being nice, I am being kind.
I am also being very factual and logical, something which many, many are lacking in this situation.
Did I ever state to do nothing regarding this pandemic?
No.
I feel at this stage of it though things are being blown quite out of proportion
and it is causing wholesale knee jerk responses.
This isn't Ebola people.
Take reasonable precautions and you will be fine.

Be safe and take care of the ones you love.
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
As with any "conversation" in anything other than face to face it is easy to not understand the context of a conversation.

I'm being nice, I am being kind.
I am also being very factual and logical, something which many, many are lacking in this situation.
Did I ever state to do nothing regarding this pandemic?
No.
I feel at this stage of it though things are being blown quite out of proportion
and it is causing wholesale knee jerk responses.
This isn't Ebola people.
Take reasonable precautions and you will be fine.

Be safe and take care of the ones you love.
If it's being overblown like you say, we know who, but what is the why? You basically lock down a state with 40 million and crush the economy for no reason? If it's all silliness as you say, there will be hell to pay.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have requested this thread be closed as it is off track
camper8251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The OP's question has been answered.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
It wouldn’t matter when you leave if you run into trouble travelling and can’t make repairs yourself.
Places and sites are closing to the public everyday.
You need to be very self sufficient to travel.
I'm plenty handy with a wrench, my main concern was if something major happened
sbb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Sure am glad I bought mine locally here in CO in December so I didnt have to worry about traveling. The couple of grand I would have saved by buying closer to the factory would get chewed up with fuel and aggravation.

But hindsight is 20/20, I almost wish I would have held off until now.
Another couple of weeks of this silliness and dealers are going to be VERY motivated to move inventory off of their lots.
Would almost be worth waiting a couple of weeks to see how things pan out.
You might be able to save serious money.
Did you already seal the deal with financing etc? If not playing "cold feet" may work tremendously in your favor.
I know it sounds crummy but it's your money. Unless you are locked in on the deal (signed deal) you owe the dealer nothing.
I put a deposit down a couple of months ago so I'm locked in. If I could have got a trailer here for 2 grand more I would have done it but I saved way more than that so it was worth it to make the trip plus we were just going to make a vacation of it and see some new country. We'll just have to see what happens with this situation.
sbb888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel